Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the centre- his head is not there because it's cut off by the top of the book (not literally) He takes up most of the room of the cover (not all of it though) and that's why his head/legs wouldn't be there.

Like if is the boy's hand holding the crystal ball? I like that.

We have to wait if someone else likes the idea! :naughty: And well, it could be a girl, it coudld be a boy...

Thinking about it now...combining the crystal ball and little kid together would be cute. And you are right- it could be a boy or girl hehe. Might be a bit easier to be a girl- that way if the head isn't there- you could still kind of see her hair on her shoulders...

It would be cooler if you can not tell if it's a girl or a boy, cuz... you know Mika is a boy... and pretty much all of his fans are girls, but there's a little bunch of guys between us.

This is true.

And plus Mika is a girl's name or a boy's name hehe

This is true.

And plus Mika is a girl's name or a boy's name hehe

plus it appeals to a lot of people, what if we had the person with medium hair faced around....and if it is a kid then their body could be genderless also. :thumb_yello:

plus it appeals to a lot of people, what if we had the person with medium hair faced around....and if it is a kid then their body could be genderless also. :thumb_yello:

Yup, that's what I thought!! :wink2: I'll try to "copy" lovelove_mika sketch and do my own with the kid.

I just thought of a way to combine all those when I read them listed like that.

What if we had the palm of a hand (wearing a white glove) flat out with pieces of confettin in the middle, just slightly sticking out from underneath a 'cystal ball' sitting on top of it, with clouds on it, like those misty purple clouds and INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness. It would look really cool on a black background.

thoughts?

i think its brilliant! i saw your rough sketch too, which is also very helpful in visualising things - i can help with the drawing on the inside of the crystal ball, will post it up later

i searched up on gettyimages for ideas of different positions of hands holding on to a crystal ball:

white.jpg

EA3719-001.jpg

200502963-001.jpg

200554245-003.jpg

AB04086.jpg

I feel that all the poses here are really good, i suppose the one that lovelove_mika was talking about would be the pose in the first picture.

i will base my sketch on the first photo, together with the crystal ball and circus elements, but i feel the pother poses can be explored as well

Wow all these ideas are really good! I'm not so fussy on what we're going to do, so I don't really mind what idea we choose, or maybe we could improvise so everyone get's a chance to use their ideas. But I guess it's best to wait for other people's opinions as well, especially Melanie :naughty:

Okay, THESE are my ideas:

I just thought of a way to combine all those when I read them listed like that.

What if we had the palm of a hand (wearing a white glove) flat out with pieces of confettin in the middle, just slightly sticking out from underneath a 'cystal ball' sitting on top of it, with clouds on it, like those misty purple clouds and INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness. It would look really cool on a black background.

Back Cover:

All black, at the very bottom, on each side, have one hand straight up and and slightly cupped and on the other side a hand straigh up slightly cupped facing eachother,and in the middle the words "this much."

and for the ART SECTION:

A "where's waldo?" type drawing, but instead "Where's Billy?" and hiding Billy Brown somewhere throughout a sea of people.

thoughts?

I love it I love it I love it,thank you!

yay so it fits your idea? but i know the person's coat is a little messy - i was too lazy to paint the whole thing :D

since there was 7 pages of discussion which is confusing, here's the list update:

MAIN DESIGN:

- Globe, arms going around globe, explosion of confetti, words, things(e.g chicken, hearts, monsters...)e.g:

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

OR

-palm of a hand (wearing a white glove) flat out with pieces of confettin in the middle, just slightly sticking out from underneath a 'cystal ball' sitting on top of it, with clouds on it, like those misty purple clouds and INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness.e.g:

lecirquedemikasketchxn1.jpg

OR

- drawing of a person with his/her arms stretched out with the globe design on the person's t-shirt OR

- explosion of a pinata instead of a globe, with confetti bursting out of it OR

- incorporating a drawing of an umbrella and raindrops into the bursting globe design, e.g:

mikacovercopieog1.jpg

LETTERING:

- magazine cutout letters for the 'how much do we love you' words OR

-explosion of 'how much do we love you' from the globe

AND

- incorporation of the phrase - "Celebrating 2008, Cirque du Mika!" in the design,

or what i thought would be nice is the writing of that phrase on a drawing of a ribbon that goes at the bottom of the globe, something like this:

yearbookmikaribbonhw1.jpg

BACKGROUND:

- remains black OR

-just purple OR

- combination of purples and yellows OR

- paint splatter of blue and orange

BACK COVER:

- technicolour handprints, statement in the background OR

- the back view of a person OR

- just the letters 'MFC' drawn on a black background - something like they way the word 'MIKA' is written on his album OR

- a simple phrase/poem OR

- the back view of a person(male/female?) having a shadow of a different shape, e.g:

dsc07039va7.jpgOR

-a person peaking into the circus tentOR

-All black, at the very bottom, on each side, have one hand straight up and and slightly cupped and on the other side a hand straigh up slightly cupped facing eachother,and in the middle the words "this much."

HOW ITS GOING TO BE DONE:

-hand drawn,

-neatened up by photoshop

-division of the words/letters of the phrase 'How Much Do We Love You' to respective people to draw

[/color]

ART SECTION:

A "where's waldo?" type drawing, but instead "Where's Billy?" and hiding Billy Brown somewhere throughout a sea of people.

(shouldn't this be in the section layouts thread though??)

Hey everyone, I need to get caught up:shocked: It'll take a while to sort through all the threads for changes and what not...

yay so it fits your idea? but i know the person's coat is a little messy - i was too lazy to paint the whole thing

since there was 7 pages of discussion which is confusing, here's the list update:

MAIN DESIGN:

- Globe, arms going around globe, explosion of confetti, words, things(e.g chicken, hearts, monsters...)e.g:

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

OR

-palm of a hand (wearing a white glove) flat out with pieces of confettin in the middle, just slightly sticking out from underneath a 'cystal ball' sitting on top of it, with clouds on it, like those misty purple clouds and INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness.e.g:

OR

- drawing of a person with his/her arms stretched out with the globe design on the person's t-shirt OR

- explosion of a pinata instead of a globe, with confetti bursting out of it OR

- incorporating a drawing of an umbrella and raindrops into the bursting globe design, e.g:

mikacovercopieog1.jpg

LETTERING:

- magazine cutout letters for the 'how much do we love you' words OR

-explosion of 'how much do we love you' from the globe

AND

- incorporation of the phrase - "Celebrating 2008, Cirque du Mika!" in the design,

or what i thought would be nice is the writing of that phrase on a drawing of a ribbon that goes at the bottom of the globe, something like this:

yearbookmikaribbonhw1.jpg

BACKGROUND:

- remains black OR

-just purple OR

- combination of purples and yellows OR

- paint splatter of blue and orange

BACK COVER:

- technicolour handprints, statement in the background OR

- the back view of a person OR

- just the letters 'MFC' drawn on a black background - something like they way the word 'MIKA' is written on his album OR

- a simple phrase/poem OR

- the back view of a person(male/female?) having a shadow of a different shape, e.g:

dsc07039va7.jpgOR

-a person peaking into the circus tentOR

-All black, at the very bottom, on each side, have one hand straight up and and slightly cupped and on the other side a hand straigh up slightly cupped facing eachother,and in the middle the words "this much."

HOW ITS GOING TO BE DONE:

-hand drawn,

-neatened up by photoshop

-division of the words/letters of the phrase 'How Much Do We Love You' to respective people to draw

[/color]

ART SECTION:

(shouldn't this be in the section layouts thread though??)

Looking here though, I"m really impressed with how freakin creative all of you are!

I like the second picture here...especially the person's jacket:naughty: I still feel like I want more colors...more of the confetti explosion...and lets not forget the main text: "How much do we love you Mika?"

For the back, I still dig the shadowy one with the clown... I think that the person should have that famous outfit on mika wore...The one like a ring master, with the top hat.

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

I think it could be a bit of both of these? That way we have lot's of colour on the cover. And it seems more like... energetic (like Mika) if there's this sort of explosion. Ah I don't know :naughty:

I think it could be a bit of both of these? That way we have lot's of colour on the cover. And it seems more like... energetic (like Mika) if there's this sort of explosion. Ah I don't know :naughty:

I agree with you ...

those two are my favourite :D

guineverer you draw so well !!!

Can you maybe make the mouth and the chin look like mika's a bit??? Maybe add curlys under a top hat or something... :wub2:

yeah, maybe we can think of some way to combine the two, but i don't have any ideas yet..

I agree with you ...

those two are my favourite :D

guineverer you draw so well !!!

thank you! :blush-anim-cl:

Can you maybe make the mouth and the chin look like mika's a bit??? Maybe add curlys under a top hat or something...

like have the top hat dip a little so you can't see the person underneath but they've got that smerk...the one mika's got:naughty:

yeah!!! i think it'll look great :D love his smirk by the way :bleh:

will try to stare at his face and try sketching his chin - i'm rather terrrible at portraits of people - but i don't mind staring at his face. XD