Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

you guys will get the credit, in the inside of the book... So, I think the letters should just be letters lol... I dunno, we can of have to limit the amount of stuff we put...

okaaay

it would be kinda mean for the others ...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, of course you're right:wink2:

I'm in love with guineverer's drawing:mf_lustslow:I like the way the ball shines, too, and the circus and also the fact that "le cirque de Mika" is inside the ball:punk:

So am I !!!

It's funny cause my favourite bit is the kids face and his jacket. It looks so real !

That is so wonderful!!!!!! You are very talented.
I loooove this!!! I really, really do!! Should we vote?? Or anyone else is sketching something new?
That is true

I LOVE it---it's totally what I was envisioning!!!!

I quite like guineverer's drawing (with the person holding the crystal ball- I like the way it's emitting light.

Thanks guys! i'm really glad the drawing agreed with what everyone was envisioning! well, like what KaryLovesMika! said, we probably should do a vote or something so that we can properly decide which idea we're sticking to and concentrate our brain juices to the idea : )

so here are the main designs discussed:

MAIN DESIGN:

1.Globe, arms going around globe, explosion of confetti, words, things(e.g chicken, hearts, monsters...)e.g:

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

OR

2.boy holding a crystal ball, INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness.e.g:

lecirquedemikasketchxn1.jpg

lastscanvk4.jpg

OR

3.drawing of a person with his/her arms stretched out with the globe design on the person's t-shirt OR

4.explosion of a pinata instead of a globe, with confetti bursting out of it OR

5.incorporating a drawing of an umbrella and raindrops into the bursting globe design, e.g:

mikacovercopieog1.jpg

just reply back to the thread with your choice, and also don't hesitate to contribute more ideas/sketches! more is always good :thumb_yello:

-~-

Man, this is impressive and wonderful! I really love it.

I have some ideas to add:

I think the globe should be bigger (as someone said before).

I don't think the globe should explode, but rather "shine" (just as you did it, guineverer). I like how you drew the hands, it gives an idea of preciousness to the globe (i.e: Mika's world).

I like the idea of putting "Le Cirque de Mika" (it's definitively "de" and not "du") inside the globe and the "How Much do we Love you, Mika" as the title.

Would love to draw my letter too

If we are going ahead with the crystal globe idea, i've taken note of your suggestions to improve the design, so that in the event we choose the crystal ball design, then i can do the design properly for you guys :)

and about the How Much Do We Love You, Mika? lettering:

I agree we should all do one letter each, and also someone suggested in a circus type font? i think a good way to standardize is to find a circus-y type font and blow it up in photoshop, then give each letter to one person and then each of us can design the insides of the letter, what do you all think?

Thanks guys! i'm really glad the drawing agreed with what everyone was envisioning! well, like what KaryLovesMika! said, we probably should do a vote or something so that we can properly decide which idea we're sticking to and concentrate our brain juices to the idea : )

MAIN DESIGN:

1.Globe, arms going around globe, explosion of confetti, words, things(e.g chicken, hearts, monsters...)e.g:

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

OR

2.boy holding a crystal ball, INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness.e.g:

lastscanvk4.jpg

OR

3.drawing of a person with his/her arms stretched out with the globe design on the person's t-shirt OR

5.incorporating a drawing of an umbrella and raindrops into the bursting globe design, e.g:

mikacovercopieog1.jpg

just reply back to the thread with your choice, and also don't hesitate to contribute more ideas/sketches! more is always good :thumb_yello:

-~-

If we are going ahead with the crystal globe idea, i've taken note of your suggestions to improve the design, so that in the event we choose the crystal ball design, then i can do the design properly for you guys :)

I agree we should all do one letter each, and also someone suggested in a circus type font? i think a good way to standardize is to find a circus-y type font and blow it up in photoshop, then give each letter to one person and then each of us can design the insides of the letter, what do you all think?

I like the 2nd design best !!!! It just fits perfectly !!

And I think that that would be a good idea for the letters cause that would it would be less messy !

well, it would be a bit mean if us 12 (is there 12 of us ? I think someone said that b4) signed the cover and all the others doing the yearbook couldn't ...

I think it would be something like "thank you ...., ...., ...., for the cover design" just so Mika knows who contributed to it... I don't think it would be mean, but rather normal that our names figure somewhere.:bleh:

MAIN DESIGN:

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

OR

lastscanvk4.jpg

OR

mikacovercopieog1.jpg

just reply back to the thread with your choice, and also don't hesitate to contribute more ideas/sketches! more is always good

-~-

I vote for your second drawing, guineverer, it's really good:mf_lustslow:.

True, I suggested the circus type of font, that would be great! If we each draw one or two letters, I think we should use mainly white, cause otherwise, it would be too colourful and messy... Don't you think?

mdr

ouiiiiiiiii !!!

*lots of evil laughs*

muahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

:roftl:

T'habites où en France? Et tu viens d'où en Angleterre? Oui oui, je sais, je suis TRES curieuse lol:roftl:

PS: J'aime l'Angleterre:mf_lustslow:

T'habites où en France? Et tu viens d'où en Angleterre? Oui oui, je sais, je suis TRES curieuse lol:roftl:

PS: J'aime l'Angleterre:mf_lustslow:

J'habite a cote de Montpellier, au sud. Et je viens de Stafford en Angleterre.

PS: T'habites ou toi encore ??! la Suisse ? ou le Canada ? jmen rappelle plus ...

PPS: dsl pr les accents mes j'ai un clavier anglais lol

J'habite a cote de Montpellier, au sud. Et je viens de Stafford en Angleterre.

PS: T'habites ou toi encore ??! la Suisse ? ou le Canada ? jmen rappelle plus ...

PPS: dsl pr les accents mes j'ai un clavier anglais lol

Oh cool!!

Moi j'habite en Suisse (près de Bâle, si tu vois où c...)

Pas de problème pour les accents, c pas si important:naughty:

Nice to meet you properly:wink2:

Oh cool!!

Moi j'habite en Suisse (près de Bâle, si tu vois où c...)

Pas de problème pour les accents, c pas si important:naughty:

Nice to meet you properly:wink2:

euuuu, errrm, Bale ? :no: shepa ou c ...

Nice to meet you properly too :D

I wouldn't be able to vote cos I like them all the same. And there are some parts I like in one drawing and some parts that I like in the other, that's why I was trying to think of a way of combining the two without making it look like too much if you get what I mean, and plus we need to add the letterings and all.

I wouldn't be able to vote cos I like them all the same. And there are some parts I like in one drawing and some parts that I like in the other, that's why I was trying to think of a way of combining the two without making it look like too much if you get what I mean, and plus we need to add the letterings and all.

Yeah, I get what you mean. This might sound a bit exxagerated, well, a lot exagerated, but to choose (this is true), I imagined myself in a hot air balloon with the three paintings but I was going down and I was gonna crash and I could only keep one drawing. I chose the 2nd one lol.

Yeah, I get what you mean. This might sound a bit exxagerated, well, a lot exagerated, but to choose (this is true), I imagined myself in a hot air balloon with the three paintings but I was going down and I was gonna crash and I could only keep one drawing. I chose the 2nd one lol.

I know it's hard to choose, cause all the ideas are great imo. But it's true that we can't put everything, it would just be too messy and that's not what we want... It's a bit sad, but I guess voting is the best solution...

People, I have something for you.

It's not COMPLETLY off topic and it's kinda sweet.

Here goes :

'Then he looked beyond the thorn bushes out into the big dark night. Nothing could be further than the sky. ''I love you right up to the MOON'' he said, and closed his eyes. ''Oh, that's far'' said Big Nutbrown Hare ''That is very very far''. Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves. He leaned over and kissed him goodnight. Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile,''I love you right up to the moon ... AND BACK''. '

It's from a book and it reminds me of the bit that you were talking about putting on the back where the kid says I love you this much and he stretches out his arms.

Elle peut pas etre si petite si elle est sur la carte kan mm, si ? Et c pa un truc a manger Moutier ? ou ptet c qqch dotre ...

Hahaha:roftl:non, je crois pas... Nous, on fait des pavés de Moutier en chocolat, mais je pense pas que tu puisses connnaître ca... Mais Moutier, ca veut dire qqch du genre église (Münster en allemand si ca t'aide haha)

Ya meme pas 8000 habitants, et g du chercher un peu pour trouver une carte ou elle était dessus mdr:roftl:

People, I have something for you.

It's not COMPLETLY off topic and it's kinda sweet.

Here goes :

'Then he looked beyond the thorn bushes out into the big dark night. Nothing could be further than the sky. ''I love you right up to the MOON'' he said, and closed his eyes. ''Oh, that's far'' said Big Nutbrown Hare ''That is very very far''. Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves. He leaned over and kissed him goodnight. Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile,''I love you right up to the moon ... AND BACK''. '

It's from a book and it reminds me of the bit that you were talking about putting on the back where the kid says I love you this much and he stretches out his arms.

OOOoooOoh, how sweet!!! Thanks for posting!!:punk::wink2:

What's the name of the book? It reminds me of something...

Hahaha:roftl:non, je crois pas... Nous, on fait des pavés de Moutier en chocolat, mais je pense pas que tu puisses connnaître ca... Mais Moutier, ca veut dire qqch du genre église (Münster en allemand si ca t'aide haha)

Ya meme pas 8000 habitants, et g du chercher un peu pour trouver une carte ou elle était dessus mdr:roftl:

a nn nn nn jai trouveeeee ! c moutarde ke je penser mwa :D mdr

8000 ? mai c une ville pa un village ! le mien ya 3500 et des poussieres !

a nn nn nn jai trouveeeee ! c moutarde ke je penser mwa :D mdr

8000 ? mai c une ville pa un village ! le mien ya 3500 et des poussieres !

Erm... Tu voulais pas plutôt dire: c un village pa une ville? lool

Moutier, trust me, ca craint un max (ya franchement pas grand chose à y faire... snif)... M'enfin, au moins, c pas trop loin de la vraie "civilisation" phew:bleh: