Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone wanted to update me on what't been going on. I don't feel like looking through the pages- I had a long day at work and am a bit tired. Sorry to sound so rude.

weeeeell, how much have you missed ?

Guys, I say "See you in two weeks"!!!

Please don't forget me and if you decide to give each participant a letter, remember I'm doing it too! Keep a letter (or more if needed) for me ok? I'm really into this project, I love doing it and chatting about it with you all It's fun and great!!

I'll miss you and I fear the coming back! How many pages will I have to read? Man, that'll be awful!!

MiKaL00v3, n'oublie pas.....!!!Lool, je t'embête encore

Bye bye, see you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Emerald XOxoXOxo:huglove:

:D:D:D

have fuuun !

et tkt, jtoublirai pa :naughty:

:huglove:

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone wanted to update me on what't been going on. I don't feel like looking through the pages- I had a long day at work and am a bit tired. Sorry to sound so rude.

here's what i updated on:

"

That is so wonderful!!!!!! You are very talented.
I loooove this!!! I really, really do!! Should we vote?? Or anyone else is sketching something new?
That is true

I LOVE it---it's totally what I was envisioning!!!!

I quite like guineverer's drawing (with the person holding the crystal ball- I like the way it's emitting light.

Thanks guys! i'm really glad the drawing agreed with what everyone was envisioning! well, like what KaryLovesMika! said, we probably should do a vote or something so that we can properly decide which idea we're sticking to and concentrate our brain juices to the idea : )

so here are the main designs discussed:

MAIN DESIGN:

1.Globe, arms going around globe, explosion of confetti, words, things(e.g chicken, hearts, monsters...)e.g:

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

OR

2.boy holding a crystal ball, INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness.e.g:

lecirquedemikasketchxn1.jpg

lastscanvk4.jpg

OR

3.drawing of a person with his/her arms stretched out with the globe design on the person's t-shirt OR

4.explosion of a pinata instead of a globe, with confetti bursting out of it OR

5.incorporating a drawing of an umbrella and raindrops into the bursting globe design, e.g:

mikacovercopieog1.jpg

just reply back to the thread with your choice, and also don't hesitate to contribute more ideas/sketches! more is always good :thumb_yello:

-~-

Man, this is impressive and wonderful! I really love it.

I have some ideas to add:

I think the globe should be bigger (as someone said before).

I don't think the globe should explode, but rather "shine" (just as you did it, guineverer). I like how you drew the hands, it gives an idea of preciousness to the globe (i.e: Mika's world).

I like the idea of putting "Le Cirque de Mika" (it's definitively "de" and not "du") inside the globe and the "How Much do we Love you, Mika" as the title.

Would love to draw my letter too

If we are going ahead with the crystal globe idea, i've taken note of your suggestions to improve the design, so that in the event we choose the crystal ball design, then i can do the design properly for you guys :)

and about the How Much Do We Love You, Mika? lettering:

I agree we should all do one letter each, and also someone suggested in a circus type font? i think a good way to standardize is to find a circus-y type font and blow it up in photoshop, then give each letter to one person and then each of us can design the insides of the letter, what do you all think?"

This is gunna sound really like lame of me, but I hope I get some credit towards this, I thought of it, ya know? lol

Don't worry hun I'm sure you will :thumb_yello: If your name is on the list Melanie will gives us all credit :wink2:

here's what i updated on:

"

Thanks guys! i'm really glad the drawing agreed with what everyone was envisioning! well, like what KaryLovesMika! said, we probably should do a vote or something so that we can properly decide which idea we're sticking to and concentrate our brain juices to the idea : )

so here are the main designs discussed:

MAIN DESIGN:

1.Globe, arms going around globe, explosion of confetti, words, things(e.g chicken, hearts, monsters...)e.g:

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

OR

2.boy holding a crystal ball, INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness.e.g:

lastscanvk4.jpg

OR

3.drawing of a person with his/her arms stretched out with the globe design on the person's t-shirt OR

4.explosion of a pinata instead of a globe, with confetti bursting out of it OR

5.incorporating a drawing of an umbrella and raindrops into the bursting globe design, e.g:

mikacovercopieog1.jpg

just reply back to the thread with your choice, and also don't hesitate to contribute more ideas/sketches! more is always good :thumb_yello:

-~-

If we are going ahead with the crystal globe idea, i've taken note of your suggestions to improve the design, so that in the event we choose the crystal ball design, then i can do the design properly for you guys :)

and about the How Much Do We Love You, Mika? lettering:

I agree we should all do one letter each, and also someone suggested in a circus type font? i think a good way to standardize is to find a circus-y type font and blow it up in photoshop, then give each letter to one person and then each of us can design the insides of the letter, what do you all think?"

That sounds great.:thumb_yello:

This is gunna sound really like lame of me, but I hope I get some credit towards this, I thought of it, ya know? lol

yeah, don't worry, we all threw in ideas so I'm sure Melanie will find a way of giving us a little bit of credit at least.

You will get credit for this- as you thought of some element of the design. But think about it, it would be very unfair for one person to take credit for the design. You thought of thought of stuff. But I had ideas that are being used as well!!! It would not be fair to the group if only a few people got credit- because everyone contributed in some way or another (no matter how small or big- could have been an idea that a person contributed or it could have been an improvement on an idea) We will all be credited...Melanie has a list and we will be listed somewhere in the Yearbook, I'm sure of it.

So yeah, your named will be listed somewhere in the Yearbook, don't you worry:wink2:

weeeeell, how much have you missed ?

Not much now hehe

I choose this idea- the person holding the crystal ball with stuff going on, on the inside.

I hope people agree with me...it's my favourite for sure:biggrin2: Because I believe that it combines all of our ideas PERFECTLY. Not to mention that it ain't "Unicef", so to speak (as someone had mentioned before) I really, really hope that it gets chosen:wink2:

My suggestion for the crystal ball part of the design: have some light glowing on the person's face somehow. I don't know why but for some reason I think it would be cool to have that. It's like he/she is looking down on the crystal ball or something.

About the letters- I think it is an excellent idea to have one idea/template, (whatever you want to call it) For the letters and have each person do their own interpretation of it. One little suggestion (and I don't know if anyone wants to do this) but another thing that can go along is that we can agree on a "overall" design etc for the lettering (if that makes sense) For example, say that we choose a certain type of lettering, then we would agree that the letters are outlined in black and have to incorporate blue and yellow. Or we can all have a different colour for our letter. Okay, that didn't make sense but what I was trying to get at was that we can all agree on a colour template or something.

Okay, for the lettering I agree about the blowing it up in photoshop, because I can do that and send whoever a letter and then I can shrink it back down to size, or if somebody else wants to thats fine too.

Okay, I think we should get this done in as timely as manner as possible, and have it completely done before the deadline date, because once school starts and this begins to stretch out some people might have other dedications and whatnot. :)

Okay, for the lettering I agree about the blowing it up in photoshop, because I can do that and send whoever a letter and then I can shrink it back down to size, or if somebody else wants to thats fine too.

Okay, I think we should get this done in as timely as manner as possible, and have it completely done before the deadline date, because once school starts and this begins to stretch out some people might have other dedications and whatnot. :)

I agree with you- we could perhaps set "mini" deadlines.

A deadline for...

1) Choosing the design

2) Getting the letters done

3) Getting the cover design done

4) Putting the cover together

5) Posting the design and agreeing on everything

etc...

Not much now hehe

I choose this idea- the person holding the crystal ball with stuff going on, on the inside.

I hope people agree with me...it's my favourite for sure:biggrin2: Because I believe that it combines all of our ideas PERFECTLY. Not to mention that it ain't "Unicef", so to speak (as someone had mentioned before) I really, really hope that it gets chosen:wink2:

My suggestion for the crystal ball part of the design: have some light glowing on the person's face somehow. I don't know why but for some reason I think it would be cool to have that. It's like he/she is looking down on the crystal ball or something.

About the letters- I think it is an excellent idea to have one idea/template, (whatever you want to call it) For the letters and have each person do their own interpretation of it. One little suggestion (and I don't know if anyone wants to do this) but another thing that can go along is that we can agree on a "overall" design etc for the lettering (if that makes sense) For example, say that we choose a certain type of lettering, then we would agree that the letters are outlined in black and have to incorporate blue and yellow. Or we can all have a different colour for our letter. Okay, that didn't make sense but what I was trying to get at was that we can all agree on a colour template or something.

That made since.:naughty: We all should agree and certains templates and what not.

Ooooo, that would be good because we don't really know how to use photoshop.:thumb_yello:

I agree with you- we could perhaps set "mini" deadlines.

A deadline for...

1) Choosing the design

2) Getting the letters done

3) Getting the cover design done

4) Putting the cover together

5) Posting the design and agreeing on everything

etc...

Yes, deadlines would be great to have.:thumb_yello: That way we can get it all done in a timely manner.

Yes, deadlines would be great to have.:thumb_yello: That way we can get it all done in a timely manner.

that sounds good having mini deadlines. and it keeps everything organized.

Glad you guys think it's a good idea:wink2:

When's the deadline for everything? Sometime in October, right? But we want to be finished well ahead of time of course (preferebly sometime in September perhaps)

So...

How about the deadline for choosing the idea for the cover be at the end of next week?

Or is that too early for everyone?

When's the deadline for everything? Sometime in October, right? But we want to be finished well ahead of time of course (preferebly sometime in September perhaps)

So...

How about the deadline for choosing the idea for the cover be at the end of next week?

I think that's ok, we already have a few ideas to choose from, so hopefully shouldn't be too hard to choose :sweatdrop:

So...

Well, are we gonna like vote ? cause I'm for the 2nd design with the kid holding the circusie thing that Guineverer did. If its that, nxt weeks fine for me :thumb_yello:

So...

i think next week would be fine :) i vote for the second design, by the way - i forgot to give my opinion on the vote XD

I think that's ok, we already have a few ideas to choose from, so hopefully shouldn't be too hard to choose :sweatdrop:

Yeah, for sure:wink2:

Well, are we gonna like vote ? cause I'm for the 2nd design with the kid holding the circusie thing that Guineverer did. If its that, nxt weeks fine for me :thumb_yello:

I don't know, I guess so. I'm guessing you just post your vote.

i think next week would be fine :) i vote for the second design, by the way - i forgot to give my opinion on the vote XD

Cool.

Oh my goodness, I guess people agree with me on the kid design one, it's my favourite as well:biggrin2: I'm glad that you liked my idea of the person holding the crystal ball. I think that guineverer did such a great job on it and it turned out wonderful:wink2:

eeeee!

I'm so glad everyone likes my crystal ball idea!:huglove:

guineverer did such a great job visualizing and painting it!:wub2:

We did like you idea- the idea of putting all of our ideas into one element of the design was nice.:wink2:

We did like you idea- the idea of putting all of our ideas into one element of the design was nice.:wink2:

thanks! hold on, I feel like there's some sort of resentment for some reason, it doesn't matter who thought of what, but I saw your previous post and you are aware that I came up with the main idea, right? :P the crystal ball,hands..

whatever, it really doesn't matter.

thanks! hold on, I feel like there's some sort of resentment for some reason, it doesn't matter who thought of what, but I saw your previous post and you are aware that I came up with the main idea, right? :P the crystal ball,hands..

whatever, it really doesn't matter.

I know you came up with that idea of course I did (and it was a fabulous idea)!!! But I don't know...I just think every element has become important and I think that I could have written a similar post as you did. But so could other people here.

There's a list right? So all of our names will be on there...don't worry: Mika will see that you worked on the cover:) And if Mika really wants to know how this went down, he can come here and read it all...but only after he gets the book:naughty:

I am really, really sorry if I made you feel bad. I really didn't mean to.:wink2:

We forgot who mentioned it earlier but we like the idea of everyone in the group to draw an animal or circus person and what not into the crystal ball. We think that would be so neat to do.

I agree- that would be a neat element to the design:thumb_yello: