Glamrock!

rockinbabzz

Just found out this glam rock artists list on Wikipedia, i think i will have nice afternoon watching videos on youtube LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_glam_rock_artists

I couldn't help noticing the "Sadistic Mika Band" on the list! :naughty: I looove glamrock, especially Bowie and Queen. :thumb_yello: I have a friend who really likes Roxy Music, so I guess I will finally have to check them out this weekend.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't help noticing the "Sadistic Mika Band" on the list! :naughty: I looove glamrock, especially Bowie and Queen. :thumb_yello: I have a friend who really likes Roxy Music, so I guess I will finally have to check them out this weekend.

Roxy Music are pretty good :thumb_yello: but I do have to admit I should discover more about them since I only know the well known songs.

But my faves will always be T.rex and Sweet :wub2:

Btw Marianne with you being from Finland, there's loads of great retro glambands in your country :punk: Jann Wilde, Negative, Lovex....

I know, but I don't actually listen to any of them. :shocked: The Crash are my fav Finnish band, and they're not really glam, although they sound very 80's. It's more like powerpop I guess. :punk:

I love this song & video (look there's Santa :naughty: ):

I love The Crash too!! My friend from Tampere introduced me to them and they're brilliant. Btw do you like The Ark? They're Swedish of course but quite famous in Finland I think, and the are probably the glammiest band around today!

I love The Crash too!! My friend from Tampere introduced me to them and they're brilliant. Btw do you like The Ark? They're Swedish of course but quite famous in Finland I think, and the are probably the glammiest band around today!

I liked The Ark when they performed at the Eurovision Song Contest last year - even though their song sounded too much like Abba. :blink: The Ark are one of those bands that I should check out properly as soon as I have time. My list grows longer all the time! :shocked: I discovered both The Killers and Keane last weekend, so I have been busy youtubing. :naughty: And I already bought all the albums by The Killers! :roftl::wub2: Those two bands are not glam really, sorry for off-topic... But Abba are. I like some of their songs - basically everything I've ever heard. :naughty:

The Ark do NOT sound like Abba! Seriously, maybe The Worrying Kind was a little bit Abba-ish but they're a rock band! Actually they sound like no other band in the world, even if you can hear a lot of influences from (getting properly on topic again) 70s glambands :wink2:

The Killers are a liiiitle bit glam though I suppose, they look very glammy and their music is also quite bombastic (I adore them btw)