Valse avec Bashir - lebanon war documentary

willywonka

Dunno if u have ever heard of “Valse avec Bashir” (Cannes), an autobiographical cartoon documentary by Ari Folman regarding the 80's first Lebanon war and the massacre of Sabra and Shatila (palestinian refugee camps)

Please check:

U’ll find it amazing…

Edited by willywonka

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to see it, but it's not out on dvd here till next month. I didn't know about it until I checked out the Oscar winners, and have reserved it from Love Film (online rentals).

I watched it on the cinema actually, it's still on here in Portugal...

Amazing animation...

He has an immense trauma of war and he has wonderfully expressed it...

I watched it on the cinema actually, it's still on here in Portugal...

Amazing animation...

He has an immense trauma of war and he has wonderfully expressed it...

I'm always meaning to go to the pictures more, but it's difficult with buses and stuff. I imagine its already been on here, but can't say I noticed it. I'm going to rent Persepolis while I wait.

I'm always meaning to go to the pictures more, but it's difficult with buses and stuff. I imagine its already been on here, but can't say I noticed it. I'm going to rent Persepolis while I wait.

Does your ear still hurt So?

I heard about it months ago and I thought "Oh, I wonder if Mika would want to see that.."

I love how the animation looks.

Being into animation he must have seen it ages ago...

Not like Coraline though, not at all...

Guess none of you found it amazing by then when i opened this thread, but just watched it last night and it was really worth the waiting...

i wanna watch this film! i think it won a golden globe.

since you've watched it can you tell us a bit more about the storyline:wink2:

http://waltzwithbashir.com/home.html

It's an autobiographical animation, a very personal documentary about the memories and traumas of war....

Folman was a soldier at the Lebanon War in 1982...

After meeting a friend who tells him he's been having nightmares with 26 raged dogs running after him and attacking him (the same number of people he killed in the war) Ari F. recalls he has lost all the memories from that time so he tries to recover them by meeting his brothers in arms and he tries to reconstruct all his war past with a lot of sorrow and intense interviews...

http://waltzwithbashir.com/home.html

It's an autobiographical animation, a very personal documentary about the memories and traumas of war....

Folman was a soldier at the Lebanon War in 1982...

After meeting a friend who tells him he's been having nightmares with 26 raged dogs running after him and attacking him (the same number of people he killed in the war) Ari F. recalls he has lost all the memories from that time so he tries to recover them by meeting his brothers in arms and he tries to reconstruct all his war past with a lot of sorrow and intense interviews...

sounds very interesting!it's the kind of storyline you dont find very wasily in animated films. i'll definitely watch it

Dunno if u have ever heard of “Valse avec Bashir” (Cannes), an autobiographical cartoon documentary by Ari Folman regarding the 80's first Lebanon war and the massacre of Sabra and Shatila (palestinian refugee camps)

Please check:

U’ll find it amazing…

yes, I've heard of it not long ago, but haven't watched it, it reminds me of other films of that kind I've seen, that make you think a lot........

Please check:

U’ll find it amazing…

It is amazing, this movie is soo great and unique and i was a bit disappointed it didn't got an oscar :thumbdown:, it could have been the first oscar ever given for an Israeli film .

Edited by Mici