anyone Experience the Blackout?what was your experiences with power outage times ago?

elanorelle

English Rose! Stormy Weather! rivertwighlight ( did you notice the sudden blackness outside?)

we on Vancouver island and surrounding areas lost all power for about 2 hours

during Thanksgiving

NO lights (except for generators) for two complete hours for over 12 thousand

square KM plus more. We went for walks...had candlelight supper...cuddling by the fire,,,new friends met...it was a special night tonight for most people....

from 6 pm to aproxxx 7:15pm

What experiences have you had in power outages in the past?

I always get freaked out because I have vaccines I need to keep cold:)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i experienced ice storm 1998, i was out of power for 2 1/2 weeks, during the coldest month of winter (january). lucky for us, we had friends that had a wood stove & we didn't have to move into a shelter. 4.5 million people were out of power. the city of montreal seemed to have just shut down. montreal got their power back within the 1st week, we had to wait longer as i live on the south shore of montreal.

here are some files to show you what it was like

http://www.philnorton.net/icestorm/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_ice_storm_of_1998

Yeah, ours went out! We put about 5000000000 candles around the house and had a lovely candlelit Thanksgiving dinner.

Does anyone know why it went out? There was no wind or anything...

Our power went out for a week two winters ago, because of the foot of snow outside.... We were cooking on our woodburning stove, and luckily we live near a general store so we could walk down and get supplies. It was actually quite nice--very relaxing, at least.

Yeah, ours went out! We put about 5000000000 candles around the house and had a lovely candlelit Thanksgiving dinner.

Does anyone know why it went out? There was no wind or anything...

Our power went out for a week two winters ago, because of the foot of snow outside.... We were cooking on our woodburning stove, and luckily we live near a general store so we could walk down and get supplies. It was actually quite nice--very relaxing, at least.

they don't know actually ...it might have something to do with transmission (In Ladysmith )difficulties but nobody really knows..it was fun for me! a long walk and some exercise and watching people freaking out! :)