The Australian Thread: Part Eighteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do spend rather a lot of the day on here on some days, and on those I don't mind so much giving it up in the evenings, even though most of the Aussies are on then and so I don't get to chat with them so much. But on the days when I've not been on here and I'm dying to catch up with what's happening I find it hard. I tend to try and lose myself in the tv on those nights...

For some reason, not long after we got married hubby started listening to local ABC. We were in Brissy then and some of the presenters were great. But you don't really get to hear commercial music much on that and there's an awful lot of talkback. But I was working night shift in those days and asleep in the day so I didn't really care too much.

Actually, Dave Hughes is someone I would want to punch in the face! It's taken me a while to love Hamish and Andy as well, but I actually do now. Although I prefer them on the telly than the radio, strangely enough.

Ahhhhh!!!!! Yayyyy!!! I can't believe you were close enough to even get a crappy pic on your mobile! Does it matter that it's crappy? It's personal. You were there! And it's not actually that bad a pic. It's definitely recognisably him and that's all that matters! Doesn't he look great?

Yes, I didn't appreciate the Sandman terribly much. I kept wanting to slap him and tell him to get a grip!

I've never actually listened to Hamish and Andy on the radio. They're on in the afternoon right? I don't even know what station they're on. I just seem to leave it on Nova all the time now. I tried going back to RRR for a while but the husband complained about it so much that it wasn't worth it, he thinks there's too much talking and it's boring. I took a while to like Hamish and Andy too. I remember that I hated their first TV show that was on Channel 9 a few years back, not that I watched much of it. They have grown on me though. I don't mind Dave Hughes, although I went to his show at the comedy festival earlier this year and was majorly disappointed, I barely laughed at all most of the time he was either picking on people who turned up late or telling stories that I'd already heard on the radio :( I love Kate Langbroek though, I used to listen to her when she was on the RRR breakfast show, I think it was about the time she left that I stopped listening.

Ha ha, it was SO hard to get that photo! At first I was fairly close to the stage but Thahn kept getting his big head in the way, then he moved and just as I was about to get a good photo, bloody Sophie walked in front of him :furious: After they sat down I went upstairs and had to strategically hold my camera in between some lady's feet without her noticing, so I guess putting all that into consideration it's not too bad a photo :naughty:

I've never actually listened to Hamish and Andy on the radio. They're on in the afternoon right? I don't even know what station they're on. I just seem to leave it on Nova all the time now. I tried going back to RRR for a while but the husband complained about it so much that it wasn't worth it, he thinks there's too much talking and it's boring. I took a while to like Hamish and Andy too. I remember that I hated their first TV show that was on Channel 9 a few years back, not that I watched much of it. They have grown on me though. I don't mind Dave Hughes, although I went to his show at the comedy festival earlier this year and was majorly disappointed, I barely laughed at all most of the time he was either picking on people who turned up late or telling stories that I'd already heard on the radio :( I love Kate Langbroek though, I used to listen to her when she was on the RRR breakfast show, I think it was about the time she left that I stopped listening.

Ha ha, it was SO hard to get that photo! At first I was fairly close to the stage but Thahn kept getting his big head in the way, then he moved and just as I was about to get a good photo, bloody Sophie walked in front of him :furious: After they sat down I went upstairs and had to strategically hold my camera in between some lady's feet without her noticing, so I guess putting all that into consideration it's not too bad a photo :naughty:

I'm trying to picture Kate. *goes off to google Kate*

Oh, her! Hmmmm, I'm not sure if I'd be listening. I don't really like Hughesy and I only sometimes like Kate. But to each their own!

Wow, what a feat! You did well considering. That's the kind of dedication we like to hear about round here. If Mika ever comes, you're definitely hired!

hallooo. me not at schoolies today :)

whats everyone doing?

Hello :original:

Today's main activities include sitting here and avoiding doing anything constructive.

Not that this isn't constructive or anything...:fisch:

Isn't this pretty?

pinkcake.jpg

I want one. I wonder if it's fruit cake or chocolate cake underneath...

Oh, that is pretty. I love pretty cakes.

It could be both! My wedding cake was mocha mud cake on the bottom and fruit on the top. Mmm...

Pammy, I just wondered if anyone had pointed you in the direction of the mikagasmic thread yet?

Lots of lovely pics of Mika and they're up to part 17!:shocked:

Nooo... I haven't. I did see it in the list and wonder what it was about though. I really should check out more threads. So far I'm limited to this one, the photo thread and the psychic palm reading one. I should broaden my horizons but I spend so much time on this one alone, what else can I cut out of my life to make time for more? :shocked: I will though, I'll just have to cut out eating as well as sleeping I suppose :naughty:

Today's main activities include sitting here and avoiding doing anything constructive.

Oh, that is pretty. I love pretty cakes.

It could be both! My wedding cake was mocha mud cake on the bottom and fruit on the top. Mmm...

Nooo... I haven't. I did see it in the list and wonder what it was about though. I really should check out more threads. So far I'm limited to this one, the photo thread and the psychic palm reading one. I should broaden my horizons but I spend so much time on this one alone, what else can I cut out of my life to make time for more? :shocked: I will though, I'll just have to cut out eating as well as sleeping I suppose :naughty:

Yep... although, you could just eat in front of the computer. It's that pesky meal preparation that takes up too much time! Oh and I find that if I sneak off the pc for 5 or 10 minutes, I can still get little bits of housework done so that it doesn't look like I've spent all day on here!

It does take a while though to branch out into more threads. I remember when I first joined I mostly just read the Aussies and it was at a time when Mika was gigging and I missed some concert threads cos I didn't know any better.

I'm trying to picture Kate. *goes off to google Kate*

Oh, her! Hmmmm, I'm not sure if I'd be listening. I don't really like Hughesy and I only sometimes like Kate. But to each their own!

lol, I understand, she is a bit of an aquired taste. I have wondered before if I hadn't been listening to her for so long whether or not she would annoy the crap out of me.

Wow, what a feat! You did well considering. That's the kind of dedication we like to hear about round here. If Mika ever comes, you're definitely hired!

Woo hoo! :punk:

Actually I am a bit worried about what I am going to do if, I mean WHEN he comes. Gotta stay positive :bleh: I know my husband will go to one show with me but what if he plays more than one? I only have one friend that likes him and she lives in Perth. Who is going to stalk him with me?? :crybaby:

Best not to think about it right now I guess. Besides it's not like he seems to be in too much of a hurry to visit us anyway :(

Something else besides being on here. I think I'm it for the moment. And I was just about to start posting pics of cakes, just for the hell of it. Why aren't you at school?

aha nice :thumb_yello:

i had my piano exam so i stayed home :D

sounds like the perfect day then :naughty:

Yep... although, you could just eat in front of the computer. It's that pesky meal preparation that takes up too much time! Oh and I find that if I sneak off the pc for 5 or 10 minutes, I can still get little bits of housework done so that it doesn't look like I've spent all day on here!

It does take a while though to branch out into more threads. I remember when I first joined I mostly just read the Aussies and it was at a time when Mika was gigging and I missed some concert threads cos I didn't know any better.

Heh, I've been doing that too. I just ran off and did the dishes before, luckily there doesn't seem to be too much else to do so I can stay here until I have go out, even though that's only another 20 minutes.

I guess I'm lucky then that he isn't doing much at the moment except NOT blogging :naughty: Oh, now I'm just getting mean. Of course recording an album is nothing. :blush-anim-cl: I will try and get to some other threads in the next few days. I probably won't be on much tomorrow but Thursday I will definitely try.

Woo hoo! :punk:

Actually I am a bit worried about what I am going to do if, I mean WHEN he comes. Gotta stay positive :bleh: I know my husband will go to one show with me but what if he plays more than one? I only have one friend that likes him and she lives in Perth. Who is going to stalk him with me?? :crybaby:

Best not to think about it right now I guess. Besides it's not like he seems to be in too much of a hurry to visit us anyway :(

You've got to be kidding me, haven't you? Why, US of course! Mika coming will involve MFC meetups for sure! I mean, by the time he actually gets his butt over here, you'll probably have named half of us as the god parents of your children!

aha nice :thumb_yello:

i had my piano exam so i stayed home :D

sounds like the perfect day then :naughty:

Ah. So how'd the exam go?

Heh, I've been doing that too. I just ran off and did the dishes before, luckily there doesn't seem to be too much else to do so I can stay here until I have go out, even though that's only another 20 minutes.

I guess I'm lucky then that he isn't doing much at the moment except NOT blogging :naughty: Oh, now I'm just getting mean. Of course recording an album is nothing. :blush-anim-cl: I will try and get to some other threads in the next few days. I probably won't be on much tomorrow but Thursday I will definitely try.

But he was supposed to come at the end of March and he cancelled on us because of "recording commitments" so in my book the album should already have been finished!

Thursday is one of those days when I'm out all day and don't get to MFC to my hearts content:sad:

You've got to be kidding me, haven't you? Why, US of course! Mika coming will involve MFC meetups for sure! I mean, by the time he actually gets his butt over here, you'll probably have named half of us as the god parents of your children!

Oh yeah... I'm having one of those days where my brain doesn't work... I was stressing over it before I knew this existed. I guess I momentarily forgot where I was :bleh:

Just for the hell of it, this is my favourite cake ever. I wanted it as my wedding cake but it would have been WAY too big.

cake2-1.jpg

But he was supposed to come at the end of March and he cancelled on us because of "recording commitments" so in my book the album should already have been finished!

Thursday is one of those days when I'm out all day and don't get to MFC to my hearts content:sad:

Oh you don't need to remind me about the March incident :mad3: Yes, I choose to agree with you. I want it NOW.

Ah, Wednesday is my day out. Thursday and sometimes Friday are the only days I'm in pretty much all day, apart from the weekend.

Oh yeah... I'm having one of those days where my brain doesn't work... I was stressing over it before I knew this existed. I guess I momentarily forgot where I was :bleh:

Just for the hell of it, this is my favourite cake ever. I wanted it as my wedding cake but it would have been WAY too big.

cake2-1.jpg

:roftl:

Ah, it's lovely. Very wedding, but different at the same time. Why too big?

:roftl:

Ah, it's lovely. Very wedding, but different at the same time. Why too big?

Because we only had about 40 guests and the smallest that they could make it would have been for about 150. The one we got was even too big, I think it was meant for 80 so we kept the top layer and everyone just got huge slices :naughty: This is what we had except the roses weren't pink.

W347.jpg

Now I must try to pull myself away from here or I will be in all sorts of trouble for being late to kinder. I might be back later depending on how long everything I have to do takes. See ya! :boing:

Because we only had about 40 guests and the smallest that they could make it would have been for about 150. The one we got was even too big, I think it was meant for 80 so we kept the top layer and everyone just got huge slices :naughty: This is what we had except the roses weren't pink.

W347.jpg

Now I must try to pull myself away from here or I will be in all sorts of trouble for being late to kinder. I might be back later depending on how long everything I have to do takes. See ya! :boing:

Oh, I see. We kept our top tier as well, cos the whole thing was fruit cake.

OK, might see you later!

Ah. So how'd the exam go?

lol, umm... alright i guess :sweatdrop:

Ooooh...pretty cakes. Hello Aussies! I recognize chicadee, but haven't had the pleasure of meeting Zoidy or Olivia237. Hello, welcome to MFC, I see you both have gotten quite acquainted already as I read through a few of your posts. :naughty:

I stalk this thread from time to time, but I'm harmless really, (especially since I'm on the other side of the world). :bleh:

Ooooh...pretty cakes. Hello Aussies! I recognize chicadee, but haven't had the pleasure of meeting Zoidy or Olivia237. Hello, welcome to MFC, I see you both have gotten quite acquainted already as I read through a few of your posts. :naughty:

I stalk this thread from time to time, but I'm harmless really, (especially since I'm on the other side of the world). :bleh:

HI Suzy!! :biggrin2:

the pleasure is all mine :cool:

lol, umm... alright i guess :sweatdrop:

Are you the person who was sitting their second grade exam?

Hey Suzy :bye:

HI Suzy!! :biggrin2:

the pleasure is all mine :cool:

Your siggy with Perez reminds me of the radio show I heard this morning. He revealed that he "somehow" got a copy of Britney's new album (although it doesn't come out until December) and only liked 2 songs on it that were ballads. He also mentioned that Kate Hudson was flirting, hitting on, a female model during some event. Just as it seems trendy to adopt babies, make babies, it seems Hollywood ladies are also finding momentary lesbo-lapses. :blink: