Sigur Rós

JoseOle

A MARVELLOUS band from Iceland

sigurros_4161.jpg

Wikipedia:

"Sigur Rós (['sɪːɣʏr rouːs] are an Icelandic post-rock band with melodic, classical and minimalist elements. The band is known for its ethereal sound and lead singer Jónsi Birgisson's falsetto voice."

Jón Þór (Jónsi) Birgisson (guitar and vocals), Georg Hólm (bass) and Ágúst Ævar Gunnarsson (drums) formed the group in Reykjavík in August 1994.[1] Their name is taken from Jónsi's younger sister Sigurrós (which when translated into English means 'Victory Rose'), who was born the same day as the band was formed. They soon won a record deal with the local Sugarcubes-owned record label, Bad Taste.

HMHpic.jpg

Jonsi at HMH Amsterdam, 17 November 2008

If you don't know them you can listen to these songs:

Hoppipolla

Sæglópur

Svefn-g-englar

Glósóli

and there is so much more!!! :wub2:

They always get great reviews on their live gigs!! For me Sigur Rós is one of the best live bands I've ever seen! :wub2:

Reykjavik05a-01.jpg

This is my vid I made last monday in Amsterdam. They play their opening song of that gig Svefn-g-englar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIclezNr_Ig

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love them

I saw them for the first time few days ago in Paris, the 15 november, and it was amazing, their music are so beautiful, I must admit that they are very closed from my "nature", I am very sensitive and I kinda find something in this band that I did not found before... They assume their art as much as their identities and their origins and that's very powerful and rare this days... They are very open mind, friendly and generous :)

I find in Mika something very similar but he express his sensitivity in a different way in his art, but for me it sounds very closed even if Mika is more into pop, I can't explain :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

I don't understand what they sing...:roftl

You don't have to, darling... :mf_rosetinted: just listen to it.. it's like magic! :mf_lustslow:

Omg I absolutely love their music !Their sound is so magical :wub2:

My favourite song is Hoppipolla !

When I go to bed I sometimes put their songs and they make me asleep fast and make me feel much better !:blush-anim-cl:

:naughty:

Aaaahh you love Sigur Rós too? :naughty:

It's perfect to listen before going to sleep (well, not all the songs actually :naughty:)

I just love them

I saw them for the first time few days ago in Paris, the 15 november, and it was amazing, their music are so beautiful, I must admit that they are very closed from my "nature", I am very sensitive and I kinda find something in this band that I did not found before... They assume their art as much as their identities and their origins and that's very powerful and rare this days... They are very open mind, friendly and generous :)

I find in Mika something very similar but he express his sensitivity in a different way in his art, but for me it sounds very closed even if Mika is more into pop, I can't explain :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

awww you explained it very beautiful... And I agree with you! The music is very close to me too, and there isn't much music that gives me "this" feeling.. :blush-anim-cl:

I like their music, and now I know what nationality they are and what their band name is in English.

Marvellous.:thumb_yello:

That's great! For me it does make it extra special that they come from Iceland! What a beautiful country! :mf_lustslow: If you are interested you should really watch the documantary about Sigur Rós: Heima

It's amazing! Beautiful shots of Iceland and great music from Sigur Rós! :mf_lustslow: You can watch the trailer here :thumb_yello:

• 4 months later...

Yes I know :thumbdown:, I hope I will be able to go there one time in my life also :mf_lustslow: - I would love to take few pictures there, amazing... I have also the video "Heima" I cried few times when I saw it, the lands, the people, hearing their graceful music... the simplicity and the open heart of this band... There are great artists :wub2:

Yeah! At the festival Werchter [where I saw Mika too for the first time] and at a big hall, which I don't like, but hey.. it's Sigur Rós!

It's so amazing that they can make 6000 people speechless... wow! :shocked:

I hope you'll be able to see them live once!

Jonsi just made a new cd with his boyfriend Alex. They're called The Riceboy Sleeps. Their music is also beautiful, but I didn't hear their cd yet!

I saw them only one time in Paris in november the last year, it was an amazing show, I was sitting not too far from the band, I really enjoyed the atmosphere (don't know if you can say that in english :blush-anim-cl:).

I did not know that the boyfriend of Jonsi was a musician also. It's him who made some of the pictures and some of the videos during the periode of Heima ? (sorry I don't know a lot about that)

Edited by Etoile2roses

Yeah! At the festival Werchter [where I saw Mika too for the first time] and at a big hall, which I don't like, but hey.. it's Sigur Rós!

It's so amazing that they can make 6000 people speechless... wow! :shocked:

I hope you'll be able to see them live once!

Jonsi just made a new cd with his boyfriend Alex. They're called The Riceboy Sleeps. Their music is also beautiful, but I didn't hear their cd yet!

Which one did you like most ?I bet the one at at the Werchter festival :naughty:

I bet I always remain speechless when i listen to their music :wub2:

Oh really ?I need to check them !:shocked:

Where can i listen to a single or something ?

I saw them only one time in Paris in november the last year, it was an amazing show, I was sitting not too far from the band, I really enjoyed the atmosphere (don't know if you can say that in english :blush-anim-cl:).

I did not know that the boyfriend of Jonsi was a musician also. It's him who made some of the pictures and some of the videos during the periode of Heima ? (sorry I don't know a lot about that)

Yeah, Alex made a lot of the artwork for Sigur Rós, that's right! And now they make music together too! :biggrin2: I secretly hope they will tour together this festival season... but I doubt it...

Which one did you like most ?I bet the one at at the Werchter festival :naughty:

I bet I always remain speechless when i listen to their music :wub2:

Oh really ?I need to check them !:shocked:

Where can i listen to a single or something ?

Yeah Werchter festival was amazing, standing outside, with sunset... [i will look for some pictures]

Here, check out Riceboy sleeps' myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/riceboysleeps

Here's some pictures I took at Rock Werchter 2008

They were there with Amiina and the Horny Bastards, which def made it more special! :wub2:

P1000165.jpg

and with beautiful sunset!

P1000167.jpg

P1000168.jpg

Here's some pictures of Sigur Rós in the Heinken Music Hall last year [sadly without Amiina nor the Horny Bastards]:

Gobbledigook:

P1000581.jpg

And Jonsi [it seems it was his birthday yesterday, so happy belated birthday Jonsi! :wub2:]

SigurRos03.jpg

• 3 weeks later...