artrage is a really cool programme in which you can use your computer to draw pictures in a variety of different effects e.g charcoal, pastels, paints, pen, pencil etc... I used it a couple of years ago to draw 3 pictures of the illusionist Derren Brown here are my 3 pics below

derren1.jpg

derren3.jpg

derren2.jpg

I'm currently working on my 1st artrage pic in a couple of years & It's of our Mika :wink2:

I shall post it as it is now & then as I do more I'll post pics of it so you can see it in the various stages which I think can be interesting, to see how a portrait comes together.

What it started out like what it looked like when finished & all the various stages in between

of course it doesn't look like much at the moment but it'll start to look like our meeks the more detail I put in

The bit i'm reckoning might be hard to draw on a computer is those beautiful curls of his!! Mind you I thought Derren's goatee would be very hard & it wasn't too bad to do!!

mika-lt-part1-1.jpg

oh btw here is where you can download artrage the starter version (which I have) is free http://www.ambientdesign.com/artragedown.html

the full version is $25

I must say it's extremelly tricky to draw using a computer mouse!!! But it's worth persevering!!!

Edited by DarkLight
adding a link to artrage software download

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here we have part 2 of my Mika pic i redid the right eye as it was a bit askew but it's still not quite right in my opinion!!! oh well off i go to work on it some more (you wouldn't believe just how tricky this really is, unless you've had a go yourself) it really is awkward to get the mouse to go where you want it to & to draw the lines perfectly!

mika-lt-part-2-2.jpg

ok here's part 3 & i've redone the right eye again & the nose too

mika-lt-part3.jpg

still really needs a lot of working on but i'll get there in the end you should've seen my pic of Derren in the various stages lol it looked funny but the end result was good

I didn't save every little stage of this Derren pic but i save a few stages so here are the pics so you can see how that came together (to a degree)

derrennightdayoutline.jpg

derrennightday1.jpg

derrennightday2.jpg

derrennightday4.jpg

derrennightday3.jpg

and above (in my 1st post) is the finished article & here is the actual photo I was trying to draw

derren-nightday-actualphoto.jpg

artrage is a really cool programme in which you can use your computer to draw pictures in a variety of different effects e.g charcoal, pastels, paints, pen, pencil etc... I used it a couple of years ago to draw 3 pictures of the illusionist Derren Brown here are my 3 pics below

derren1.jpg

derren3.jpg

derren2.jpg

I'm currently working on my 1st artrage pic in a couple of years & It's of our Mika :wink2:

I shall post it as it is now & then as I do more I'll post pics of it so you can see it in the various stages which I think can be interesting, to see how a portrait comes together.

What it started out like what it looked like when finished & all the various stages in between

of course it doesn't look like much at the moment but it'll start to look like our meeks the more detail I put in

The bit i'm reckoning might be hard to draw on a computer is those beautiful curls of his!! Mind you I thought Derren's goatee would be very hard & it wasn't too bad to do!!

mika-lt-part1-1.jpg

oh btw here is where you can download artrage the starter version (which I have) is free http://www.ambientdesign.com/artragedown.html

the full version is $25

I must say it's extremelly tricky to draw using a computer mouse!!! But it's worth persevering!!!

Oh I use it!! I have a pen tablet, I still haven't explored it well:naughty:

Oh I use it!! I have a pen tablet, I still haven't explored it well:naughty:

a pen tablet gosh i think one of those would be ever so useful it might make it far easier to draw lol it's so hard with a mouse especially one that keeps on blimmin' sticking all the time :thumbdown: it's so annoying!

I couldn't work on the picture anymore yesterday as my laptop got wet (a terrible accident on my part) but luckily it's dried out now & is working fine so I can get to work on my pic of meeks laters after I've had tea:punk:

I love artrage too! :wub2: And it's easier to explore if you have a pen tablet!

I drew my autograph for Yearbook with artrage (and flash too).:wink2:

ohh that's cool I wish id've had artrage a while back so I could've used it for the autograph thing in the yearbook ah well at lest for next years yearbook if there's any art related stuff to do i'll be able to use it then!!

well here we go here is the final part of my Mika portrait i'm not 100% happty with it to be honest but hey ho

I shall probably do another piuc of him soon:punk: it's only my 1st attempt at doing a portrait of Mika & I'm not much of an artsit to say the least i'm sure i'll get better the more pics of him I do:thumb_yello:

mika-lt-part6-lafinal.jpg

oh btw here is the photo of Mika I was 'drawing'

PDVD_004.jpg

Edited by DarkLight