Newbie!

*LEON*

Hello Leon and welcome!!

I'm Marina from Italy

wow nice introduction! loved reading it!

I agree with you, Mika is amazing live, and SITM is my favourite tune live!

I also like all his songs and their variety, and relate to most of them.

You'll surely enjoy it here

See you on the forum then! :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there everyone,

I´m Leon from the Netherlands and I´m very happy to have joined this great community!

First, I must say that I used to hate people who were posting on some artist´s forum saying 'well, I´m actually a fan of another artist, but this artist is also kind of good'. But now, I have to admit that it is actually possible to be a fan of more than one artist! I´ve been a fan of Sophie Ellis-Bextor for almost 7 years, and I noticed that it is actually possible to be a fan of Mika´s music also. After all, Martin played for Sophie before and Sophie was a Lollipop girl for Mika´s performance at V in 2007!:naughty: It was her who introduced me to Mika when she attended one of his gigs. I run a fansite about her which will soon become the largest online Sophie discography :)

I first discovered Mika when his first solo single was released in The Netherlands. I noticed that not only 'Grace Kelly', but also 'Relax (Take It Easy)' and 'Big Girl' and all the other singles are great. I looked Mika up on the internet and decided to ask his first DVD for Christmas.

I was (and am) totally amazed by how great Mika plays his songs live! So then it all started, I started to listen to Mika over and over again.

There´s one thing I dislike (like to get that one out of the way right away now then:wink2:): Mika´s singles are always released as a 2-tracker here in The Netherlands. I´m used to that, it´s been the same thing with Sophie Ellis-Bextor who always has two UK Bonus tracks or something. I (of course) do not blame Mika, but it´s quite a pity.

I especially like the variety of his songs. He´s very good at uptempo powerpop tracks, but also very good at touching ballads. I personally relate to most of the songs Mika released (haven´t been so lucky with the girls...xD). Naming the songs I like most would be useless: I like them all. Would like to name the Parc des Princes-dvd live versions of 'Happy Ending' and 'Stuck In The Middle' though: those are totally amazing!

Pff..I´ve been writing too much, right? Sorry!

Thanks for reading!

I will be on here quite often, but I unfortunately can´t post that often because I´m very busy with school most of the time. Hope you understand!

See you around,

Leon.

Nice introduction! :thumb_yello:

Welcome to the MFC! :wink2: Hope you have loads of fun!