the happiest day of my life picture thread

DarkLight

I thought it'd be a really groovy idea to create a thread where people post a picture/pictures from the happiest day of their life & then tell us a bit about that day too

so i'll start off I guess

c0e695fb.jpg

this photo is of me & the gorgeous illusionist Derren Brown on the day we 1st met (we've met dozens of times now mind you) but this was the 1st time & it was such a beautiful day:wub2:

this is a brief shortened "story" of what happened (taken from my old website) saves on typing a bit lmfao

he was very nice to me when I met him on april 11th at the lowry in salford manchester 2005

I had taken with me my instant camera that takes small photos the size of a passport photo so I could have a photo taken with him unfortunately the first photo didn't come out so he posed for a second time and that didn't work either

luckily a girl i met last year was there and she had a digital camera with her and said she'd take a photo if derren would pose again and she'd e-mail it to me, so she asked derren if he'd pose again and he did twice which was really nice of him!!

Each time I cuddled up to Derren for the photos I kissed him on the cheek (no idea where I got the confidence for that, it still stuns me to this day)

He was so lovely & polite & it was an absolute pleasure to meet him he was so down to earth and friendly

we chatted & spent a lot of time together & he was such a lovely gent (always is!) we had a laugh & shared some very lovely moments i shan't forget I won't go into major detail lol but it was a great day & the best day of my life one I shall never forget!!!:mf_lustslow::wub2:

and here is photo two from that beautiful day

this one made him & me giggle lol we have such funny expressions on our faces hehehe

016a721e.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well one of my happiest days was when I met the kooks band

I was too nervous that day, that I forgot my camera, so I found these off the kooks forum:bleh:

hugh

fau2x2.jpg

luke

50mkh4.jpg

up close

wmnrsn.jpg

dan

2rqogpf.jpg

:biggrin2:

well one of my happiest days was when I met the kooks band

I was too nervous that day, that I forgot my camera, so I found these off the kooks forum:bleh:

hugh

fau2x2.jpg

luke

50mkh4.jpg

up close

wmnrsn.jpg

dan

2rqogpf.jpg

:biggrin2:

aww bless you being nervous hehe:D

You don't have to read my whole story if you don't want to, but this was the day I met Joel Mchale. Hes my second favorite person, Mika is first of course :) . i cried like a baby

3229595313_e1d087e3cf.jpg?v=0

Yesterday (jan 24 09) was the last day of the south beach comedy festival; Joel McHale was playing two shows that night. I could n' t get tickets because they were too expensive, soldout, ect. , so I (and Claudia) went down to Lincoln four hours earlier than his 8 o' clock function, hoping to meet Joel or something. I made huge posters yesterday, one reading: "WE LOVE YOU JOEL MCHALE" and the other one with The Soup logo painted on it. We went to the theater' s backstage entrance, which is ironically open to the public? and spoke to a nice man that didn’t even know who Joel McHale was or when he was coming, nobody knew. They suggested we wait outside until he comes so we waited right outside the backstage door. Event usually the owner lady of the Lincoln theater came out and very, very nicely told us we had no chance of seeing Joel just standing there . . She also said she didn’t think we'd get to meet him at all. At this point I start to (obviously) cry and she feels terribly sorry for me so bring s us some paper to write him letters and promises that she will make sure he gets them. I could barely write as I cry/ laugh / shake but we manage to get those written and also leave the giant WE LOVE YOU JOEL MCHALE poster for him to have.

After I’ve lost about 64% of the hope I had of meeting him, we waited in Starbucks, which was right next to the theater and we could see anyone going in from the back doors, and walked around for hours until we got picked up. My mom could tell how sad I was > so she let us stay longer with my aunt and her boyfriend who lives down there. we went back to Lincoln for like the sixth hour and asked the man in the booth if there were any extra tickets for the show. He handed us two tickets without thinking it twice and one of us asks how much it costs and in a very loud whisper he said " Theeeey' re FREEE ". My stomach has now dropped to my feet and i can' t believe what just happened but the man took our tickets back, said he could n' t give those away, and told us to wait around or come back later.

We got the 10: 30 tickets for free without asking any quest ions and just ran inside. We got the last two seats all the way at the top but I didn’t care AT ALL because I was so happy. The show went really well and Joel made jokes that nobody under stood because none of those fancy adult s watched the soup so none of them knew what he was talking about (except for me and any other person who went that actually knew who he was). Okay after the show and some intense mom- to- Claudia texts we went downstairs to see the shirt s they were selling.

You had to buy a shirt to get it signed and I was first in line but didn’t have any money for a shirt so I just waited around real nervous for him to come. After a LONG time with my aunt outside waiting for us JOEL FINAL LY CAME. He is SO much taller in person than he seems! I can' t even cry of how surreal every thing is at this point. My hands were shaking and I was laughing for no reason. I stare d at him the entire time believing it was real and he wasn’t on TV. And then it was my turn to take a picture! The first thing I told him was that I've been waiting for him since 4p.m, it was 1 in the morning then, and he's like "Wow that' s a long time", I didn’t really hear but I took a picture and asked to hug him and he said "Yes that’s perfect I smell!" or BUT I hugged him because I just had to and I was laughing a lot and almost crying. My aunt sneaked in from the door where she was watching us and insisted that Claudia take a picture with him, too so we went back to him and waited a while for other people to finish. Finally, Claudia took a picture alone and then we both took one with him. Joel recognized me and said " didn’t we already take one? Yea? Okay come one another one”, he thanked us both and then it was over.

I waited for Joel McHale for 9 hours and it was all one hundred percent worth it.

You don't have to read my whole story if you don't want to, but this was the day I met Joel Mchale. Hes my second favorite person, Mika is first of course :) . i cried like a baby

3229595313_e1d087e3cf.jpg?v=0

Yesterday (jan 24 09) was the last day of the south beach comedy festival; Joel McHale was playing two shows that night. I could n' t get tickets because they were too expensive, soldout, ect. , so I (and Claudia) went down to Lincoln four hours earlier than his 8 o' clock function, hoping to meet Joel or something. I made huge posters yesterday, one reading: "WE LOVE YOU JOEL MCHALE" and the other one with The Soup logo painted on it. We went to the theater' s backstage entrance, which is ironically open to the public? and spoke to a nice man that didn’t even know who Joel McHale was or when he was coming, nobody knew. They suggested we wait outside until he comes so we waited right outside the backstage door. Event usually the owner lady of the Lincoln theater came out and very, very nicely told us we had no chance of seeing Joel just standing there . . She also said she didn’t think we'd get to meet him at all. At this point I start to (obviously) cry and she feels terribly sorry for me so bring s us some paper to write him letters and promises that she will make sure he gets them. I could barely write as I cry/ laugh / shake but we manage to get those written and also leave the giant WE LOVE YOU JOEL MCHALE poster for him to have.

After I’ve lost about 64% of the hope I had of meeting him, we waited in Starbucks, which was right next to the theater and we could see anyone going in from the back doors, and walked around for hours until we got picked up. My mom could tell how sad I was > so she let us stay longer with my aunt and her boyfriend who lives down there. we went back to Lincoln for like the sixth hour and asked the man in the booth if there were any extra tickets for the show. He handed us two tickets without thinking it twice and one of us asks how much it costs and in a very loud whisper he said " Theeeey' re FREEE ". My stomach has now dropped to my feet and i can' t believe what just happened but the man took our tickets back, said he could n' t give those away, and told us to wait around or come back later.

We got the 10: 30 tickets for free without asking any quest ions and just ran inside. We got the last two seats all the way at the top but I didn’t care AT ALL because I was so happy. The show went really well and Joel made jokes that nobody under stood because none of those fancy adult s watched the soup so none of them knew what he was talking about (except for me and any other person who went that actually knew who he was). Okay after the show and some intense mom- to- Claudia texts we went downstairs to see the shirt s they were selling.

You had to buy a shirt to get it signed and I was first in line but didn’t have any money for a shirt so I just waited around real nervous for him to come. After a LONG time with my aunt outside waiting for us JOEL FINAL LY CAME. He is SO much taller in person than he seems! I can' t even cry of how surreal every thing is at this point. My hands were shaking and I was laughing for no reason. I stare d at him the entire time believing it was real and he wasn’t on TV. And then it was my turn to take a picture! The first thing I told him was that I've been waiting for him since 4p.m, it was 1 in the morning then, and he's like "Wow that' s a long time", I didn’t really hear but I took a picture and asked to hug him and he said "Yes that’s perfect I smell!" or BUT I hugged him because I just had to and I was laughing a lot and almost crying. My aunt sneaked in from the door where she was watching us and insisted that Claudia take a picture with him, too so we went back to him and waited a while for other people to finish. Finally, Claudia took a picture alone and then we both took one with him. Joel recognized me and said " didn’t we already take one? Yea? Okay come one another one”, he thanked us both and then it was over.

I waited for Joel McHale for 9 hours and it was all one hundred percent worth it.

wow sounds amazing (i read it all:D) he sounds very nice & it's a very lovely photo:punk:

Edited by DarkLight
typos

The happiest day of my life was when i finally met Placebo!:wub2::wub2:

July 29th 2007!

l_efe344d4c3c12d5a52ab2eebd05e30f7.jpg

You dont have to read all this: I just got excited thinking about it! haha

I spent waaay too much money to see them at Projekt Revolution, they were only playing a 30 min set but i needed to be there so i scored some 4th row tix. When i got there i saw signs saying there was going to be a signing and i started FREAKING OUT! So i wait, see them play, they loved me because i was acting like a retarded monkey on acid waving my placebo flag and dancing in a half-filled ampitheater of people sitting on their asses.

Then once they were done i flew out of the stage area and ran everywhere to find out where the signing was! Finally a security guard caught up to me and dragged me to the line haha. I guess i was THAT obvious decked out head to toe in placebo running around. When they came out i was freaking out, Stef bent to look around the line, finally saw me and waved..at ME! He knew what he was in for! haha And it was amazing.

The table was right in the middle of everything and everybody at the festival. It was right next to a merch booth and people buying Linkin Park shirts were all confused. No one really knew or cared who they were besides the ones 1st in the signing line haha

but it was the best day ever. I went through twice and got hugs and UH! IM surprised i made it through! My friend FAINTED! I thought that would be ME! haha But i did get physically sick and had to go home right after they left.

I should have sold my seat for hella bank to some kid on the lawn but i didnt. Thats one thing i regret. But its a nice souvenir i guess.

l_25b2479f7c22230054000091f1ff31ee.jpg

l_143b538aa4c1b7591d1bd4d38134f15f.jpg

l_1bd8adda329df95a240be285e9b7d33b.jpg

l_af2cbb6d9402006ddb0ac9d2cee7626f.jpg