If You Ever Visit The Land of Twilight

Yesterday, I was riding the bus when I saw a billboard advertising Twilight Tours for Twilight fans who come to visit the place where the book was set. So, I thought of all of you Twilight nutters and thought about what would be helpful for you to know before you arrive.

Edited by riverstwilight

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, thanks for this. :flowers2:

I'm not actually planning a Twilight fan trip to the unbearable greenness (:roftl:) but I read everything of your guide and really enjoyed it. I'm amazed that those places actually exist (down to restaurants and such...)

I hate mushrooms with a passion, btw, so at least I think I'd succeed in keeping a low profile there. :naughty:

What are the vampires like? MG_20.gif

I'm sorry. I wasn't intending to be mean. I just don't know where it is.

The one nico was referring to is an Australian board, if I read the URL right. I only got the membership on that one because it wasn't letting me access the post where she quoted something I had written.

Since then, I've lost track of the board because I have strongly negative feelings about Twilight. Since I can't avoid it completely, I get sucked into discussions and end up writing things like this, but I don't actively seek it out and do take pains to avoid as much as I can.

I really didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just really don't want to go look up the board again. :wub2:

Make me feel bad? Why that? :roftl:

I can truthfully say you didn't. As far as online forums are concerned I'm well provided with this one, other boards don't have a big chance to see me do anything more than peek in once or twice.

The whole Twilight thing is funny, though. I wasn't aware of the books until the movie was shot and even then I was less then interested in the whole thing. I'm not an early adopter there, yet the hype made me curious. When I saw the first trailer at the movies a girl, well, no, actually a young woman behind me nearly fainted, gasping to her friend: "Oooohh, Twilight, they made a movie of it! Ahhh..." Seriously, it was dark but I could almost HEAR her blush. :roftl: I just thought WTF?!

Then the MFC threads appeared and I still didn't go inside the whole topic, but I was wondering if I might possibly miss something there. :naughty:

So I can't really say how often I had the first volume in my hands on my frequent visits at various bookstores - and put it back again.... :roftl: - until one day I actually bought it - and had it lie about for quite a while before giving it a second look. Then very recently I had enough time on my hands to start reading and unexpectedly got totally sucked up in the story - even though there is hardly any plot in the first book apart from Bella being rescued on a regular basis by god-like sparkling topaz-eyed Edward. (:roftl:) And the sparkling... I mean, come on... :bleh:

I can't really say why I enjoyed the read so much. Maybe because I allowed myself to consciously switch off the rational part of my brain, fully aware that it's not and doesn't have to be some piece of sophisticated, complex literature.

I have to admit, though, that I don't know if it had dragged me in quite so much if I had read it in my own language. Maybe the repeated description of (always the same) features would have annoyed me quite a bit there. I've never been into the penny dreadful genre really.

However, I made sure to get part two and three even before I finished reading the first. I can't even remember when I last read two books within one week. To me personally and at this moment it's just a really good thing to get away from the annoying everyday stuff, probably because it is so ridiculously far out and uncomplex. *shrug*