Songs For Sorrow Artwork Discussion

:teehee: your secret is safe with me . . .

Just basically wanted to KNOW how much moolah I need to safe up for it!!! :naughty: Ahhhh, I see . . . I feel completely SAFE getting Mika's name on me . . cause I KNOW that I am going to love him for the rest of my mortal life . . I mean there is not even the slightest doubt about that . . and AS MAD as he could ever make me, I know that I would be able to eventually get over it - cause my love is pretty much unconditional - and just like ANY relationship or family member (it is inevitible to fight and for them to totally piss you off once in a while) and beleive me - I waiting for Meeks to totally piss me off! :lmao:

OMG - if you could go with me . . .I would be BRAVE, (cause I wouldn't dare let you see how much a baby I am :no:) :naughty:

MY FAVE MIKA SONG IS: Stuck in the Middle

. . . and I don't see that EVER changing cause it has remained my fave for 2 years now - JUST don't know what lyrics I would stamp on my arm for the rest of my being from THAT song! :roftl:

I DO L O V E Blue Eyes too . . . SO MUCH - just like you - I feel emotionally connected to that song (IMMEDIATELY)

Well, if you're gonna go with his name then I would look at the different ways he's designed it cause I would want something as connected to Mika as possible. That's why I used DaWack's Blue Eyes drawing. And for a first tattoo I would go with something simple. Again another reasonI went with DaWack's blue Eyes, I LOVE the others and really wanted one of those, but for a first tattoo I wanted something with little pain and time. I like the way it's written on the LiveICM dvd. it's very Mika. But you would prolly have to get it done in colour for it to look right which would cost more.

Remember that you have tons for time to get more tattoos and believe me when I say it's addicting. I already want many more, even though I am sitting here complaining about the discomfort (and itch that has finally started and I'm unallowed to scratch :mad3: .)

If you do decide to do something with the lyrics I would a bitof time take time listening to the song/s for the parts that sound best when he sings them because you'll always be able to remember that. Also look at the lines one by one and not so much in the context of the whole verse or chorous because you could stretch one line to mean whatever you want it to. unless it fits you perfectly as it is. Sometimes even half a line, as long as you know what it means, can even work.

(For example, I want a pair of hands tattooed over my shoulders as though someone behind me has rested their hands there and between them, on my chest, I want either "Cause you're wonderful" - which is part of David bowie's "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide," the whole line is "Gimmie your hands cause you're wonderful" or "Of a bitter, bitter man" from Any Other World - the whole line being (as you know :bleh: ) "Cause it's all in the hands of a bitter, bitter man.")

But that's just me.

I'm blabbing again :bleh:

They wouldn't believe me if I pulled someone from that far out of town to get a tattoo about the same person I did :naughty: They'll soon lean the insanity of Mika fans :lol3: Poor them :lmao:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you're gonna go with his name then I would look at the different ways he's designed it cause I would want something as connected to Mika as possible. That's why I used DaWack's Blue Eyes drawing. And for a first tattoo I would go with something simple. Again another reasonI went with DaWack's blue Eyes, I LOVE the others and really wanted one of those, but for a first tattoo I wanted something with little pain and time. I like the way it's written on the LiveICM dvd. it's very Mika. But you would prolly have to get it done in colour for it to look right which would cost more.

Remember that you have tons for time to get more tattoos and believe me when I say it's addicting. I already want many more, even though I am sitting here complaining about the discomfort (and itch that has finally started and I'm unallowed to scratch :mad3: .)

If you do decide to do something with the lyrics I would a bitof time take time listening to the song/s for the parts that sound best when he sings them because you'll always be able to remember that. Also look at the lines one by one and not so much in the context of the whole verse or chorous because you could stretch one line to mean whatever you want it to. unless it fits you perfectly as it is. Sometimes even half a line, as long as you know what it means, can even work.

(For example, I want a pair of hands tattooed over my shoulders as though someone behind me has rested their hands there and between them, on my chest, I want either "Cause you're wonderful" - which is part of David bowie's "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide," the whole line is "Gimmie your hands cause you're wonderful" or "Of a bitter, bitter man" from Any Other World - the whole line being (as you know :bleh: ) "Cause it's all in the hands of a bitter, bitter man.")

But that's just me.

I'm blabbing again :bleh:

They wouldn't believe me if I pulled someone from that far out of town to get a tattoo about the same person I did :naughty: They'll soon lean the insanity of Mika fans :lol3: Poor them :lmao:

GOSH there is SO much to think about . .. WHY is the color so much more? :sneaky2: that is just NOT fair :aah: Now I am more confused then EVER . . . ahhh whatever I do I am devoting one arm to MIKA and the other to RUFUS . .. and Rufus may be a hell of alot easier cause he has some of the MOST beautiful lyrics EVER written!!!! :swoon:

I guess I just have to sit quietly and devote some time JUST to figuring out my design and WHAT I want to go with . . . . you make it seems so simple - or is it the fact that I MAKE EVERYTHING complicated!!!! :lmao:

GOSH there is SO much to think about . .. WHY is the color so much more? :sneaky2: that is just NOT fair :aah: Now I am more confused then EVER . . . ahhh whatever I do I am devoting one arm to MIKA and the other to RUFUS . .. and Rufus may be a hell of alot easier cause he has some of the MOST beautiful lyrics EVER written!!!! :swoon:

I guess I just have to sit quietly and devote some time JUST to figuring out my design and WHAT I want to go with . . . . you make it seems so simple - or is it the fact that I MAKE EVERYTHING complicated!!!! :lmao:

Don't worry, I'm just making it seem simple. I spent 3 days listening to all of my favourite songs, not just Mika and writing down the lyrics I really like (this is even after I got the book and kinda decided on the angel) and I ended up with 3 pages front and back and couldn't pick one cause I want all of them.

I still wasn't sure the day before :shocked:

Heres what I reccommend:

-Pick a main idea for what you want. You've kind of already done that cause you want his name, just try to pick a design now.

-Once you've done this set a date to get the tattoo and refuse to change it.

-Keep looking through things, lyrics, designs, pics, whatever and set aside the favourites.

-Day before you go set everything out and go through it by common sense: look for something simple, small, can be made with little colour, ect.

-PICK SOMETHING!

-Don't second guess yourself. If you do that you'll never get the thing done. try to be kinda spur of the moment. It's exciting :lol3:

Thats what I did. And if you do it like that don't give yourself too much time to think. In fact, if you do it within 30 days I have a cupon for you. $20 off anything over $100 and $50 off anything over $150 :wink2:

I won't be getting another one in that time and I'll give it to you if you get it done by then. Well, 28 days now I guess.

. . .. yeah that is gonna be CRAZY to go to the same place and someone else gets a MIKA tatt . . .awwwww they should play MIKA in the shop!!!!! :teehee:

The guy told me that if he had a cd player in his room he'd play the EP while doing it cause he was really curious. :teehee:

Don't worry, I'm just making it seem simple. I spent 3 days listening to all of my favourite songs, not just Mika and writing down the lyrics I really like (this is even after I got the book and kinda decided on the angel) and I ended up with 3 pages front and back and couldn't pick one cause I want all of them.

I still wasn't sure the day before :shocked:

Heres what I reccommend:

-Pick a main idea for what you want. You've kind of already done that cause you want his name, just try to pick a design now.

-Once you've done this set a date to get the tattoo and refuse to change it.

-Keep looking through things, lyrics, designs, pics, whatever and set aside the favourites.

-Day before you go set everything out and go through it by common sense: look for something simple, small, can be made with little colour, ect.

-PICK SOMETHING!

-Don't second guess yourself. If you do that you'll never get the thing done. try to be kinda spur of the moment. It's exciting :lol3:

Thats what I did. And if you do it like that don't give yourself too much time to think. In fact, if you do it within 30 days I have a cupon for you. $20 off anything over $100 and $50 off anything over $150 :wink2:

I won't be getting another one in that time and I'll give it to you if you get it done by then. Well, 28 days now I guess.

GREAT advice!!!! I am going to take that!!!! Dang - those are some good coupons!!!! And thanks for offering :blush-anim-cl: I am going to devote my whole day tomorrow to coming up with designs that are sensible and then I am going to narrow it down to 5 . . . and so on and so on till I have it narrowed to at least 2 - I may take 2 with me . . ahhhh it is SO exciting!!!!

The guy told me that if he had a cd player in his room he'd play the EP while doing it cause he was really curious. :teehee:

. . . so I guess that means that if we BRING a CD player . . . he WILL play it for us . .. how AWESOME is that .. . .if I CRY - I can always blame it on MIKA - I blame EVERYTHING on Mika! :roftl:

He's pretty much amazing :bow

Very :naughty: If he wasn't just coming out of a divorce, I'd jump all over it :lmao:

GREAT advice!!!! I am going to take that!!!! Dang - those are some good coupons!!!! And thanks for offering :blush-anim-cl I am going to devote my whole day tomorrow to coming up with designs that are sensible and then I am going to narrow it down to 5 . . . and so on and so on till I have it narrowed to at least 2 - I may take 2 with me . . ahhhh it is SO exciting!!!!

:biggrin2: No problem. The economy is crap and I don't see why I should let a good coupon go to waste. Besides, in the money you'll spend on gas to get here you could use to save a few extra bucks :naughty:

Taking two is a good idea, that way you can talk to the artist about it cause they may say things you never thought of :wink2:

Just let me know the day you choose, make sure it's within 28 days or the coupon will be no good. And I'll help you pick and choose or discuss things with you if you want. :thumb_yello:

And I'm sure he'd play Mika if you asked him too. They're all great guys, really sweet and funny. I thought a couple of them were gay until they started talking about their wives and kids :blush-anim-cl: But that just makes them all the better :teehee:

• 2 months later...

DID YOU CATCH THIS?

http://blogs.fashionweekdaily.com/?p=19638

September 18, 2009

Hot Finds - Fashion Week Daily - 11:19 am

Songs for Sorrow Cheer Us Up!

Cheer up, Charlie! You will find your spirits lifted in no time after flipping through Mika’s new artbook, Songs for Sorrow. The 68-page feast for the eyes, features a whimsical sketch by Lanvin’s creative director, Alber Elbaz. We love the notion of bringing music to life on the page. Songs for Sorrow includes CD with four previously unreleased acoustic tracks by Mika. To get more Mika fix and info on the artbook, visit mikasounds.com. Sorrow never looked so chic!

If you like, you can post a comment!

Edited by A. Clay

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/#/slideshow/article/2288715/2288716

http://www.myfashionlife.com/archives/2009/09/18/alber-elbaz-illustrates-for-mika/

Alber Elbaz illustrates for Mika

Lanvin’s artistic director, Alber Elbaz, has put his creative streak in full flow by illustrating a book for pop marvel Mika.

The singer got Elbaz on board, as well as a number of other designers and artists, to illustrate the Mika book, which will be released alongside the his new EP Songs of Sorrow.

Maybe Elbaz didn’t hear what the four-song EP is called – his cute, colourful and kitsch underwater drawing is anything but sad.

According to WWD, other fashion figures who have contributed to Mika’s book include Paul Smith, Manish Arora and Walter Van Beirendonck. We really can’t help but be a little intrigued as to what they will have come up with.

The Mika book will be on sale in Lanvin boutiques in London, Paris, Tokyo and Monaco. We can’t wait to have a peek.

Edited by A. Clay