Sophie Ellis-Bextor

*LEON*

I hope you all allow me to open a thread about the lovely Sophie Ellis-Bextor:biggrin2:

Now that the holidays have started, I hope to have more time to be on here, ´cause I´ve been experiencing 'problems' to keep up with you guys: I´m not used to posting on a forum with so many members online at the same time talking about concerts they attended about half an hour ago sometimes:wink2:

So, for those of you who don´t know her yet, her bio in a nutshell:

fortheblog.jpg

Sophie Ellis-Bextor (30) started her musical career back in 1997 when she was in a band called Theaudience. They had little success in the UK and won the Alternative Eurovision Song Contest with their single 'A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed'. In 1999, just after having recorded many songs for their second album, the band split up. Sophie was a model for a couple of months but then teamed up with DJ Spiller for their single 'Groovejet'.

After that, in 2001, Sophie was very successfull all over Europe with her singles from her first album including 'Get Over You' and 'Murder On The Dancefloor'.

In 2003, her second album was released. Blonde Sophie released two singles from the album 'Shoot From The Hip' and had to postpone her tour because of her first pregnancy.

She took some months of to take care of her son and about 2 and a half years to write her third album 'Trip The Light Fantastic', featuring the hit single 'Catch You'. TTLF was successfull in the UK and Eastern Europe mostly, because the new label Fascination Records (by Polydor) Sophie had joined apparently did not make it possible for her to promote her songs all over Europe.

After TTLF another tour was announced and later postponed because she wanted to release a GH first. Recording the GH, Sophie thought she had recorded so many nice songs, she could go and release a 4th album instead. That album was planned for February this year, but then Sophie gave birth to her second baby boy more than 2 months early.

Her collaboration with the Freemasons, 'Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)' is out now and currently # 15 in the UK Charts.

Her 4th album is due for release this autumn.

Oh BTW: Sophie will be on BBC1 this saturday, on Totally Saturday with Graham Norton:wink2:

Edited by *LEON*

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic