NaNoWriMo

NuttyGummy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Seattle, breathlessly anticipating Mika the first time you posted.

I have tried NaNoWriMo every year for the last five years. Last year, I finally made it past the second page and produced six pages. This year, I'm hoping for a full ten pages. I'll be impressed if I do it because I'm spending a full week of November traveling.

This year, I have the advantage of having already written a small book in the space of a month and am feeling like I can produce something even better, but we'll see how it goes.

I was in Seattle, breathlessly anticipating Mika the first time you posted.

I have tried NaNoWriMo every year for the last five years. Last year, I finally made it past the second page and produced six pages. This year, I'm hoping for a full ten pages. I'll be impressed if I do it because I'm spending a full week of November traveling.

This year, I have the advantage of having already written a small book in the space of a month and am feeling like I can produce something even better, but we'll see how it goes.

I don't think I got 1,000 words the first two years I tried. Last year I made 60,000. I'm hopinh to hit 50,000 again. hehe, glad I'm not the only one who knows what nanowrimo is.

So you were at a Mika concert? How was it?

Why o why wasn't I born as an English speaking person?:sneaky2:

I write a lot and a site like this would be a perfect inspiration to get on with it, but I can't write in English!:wink2:

But I want to thank you for the link, it even lead me to a Swedish really interesting blog with book reviews, and I think I will sign up and explore the site more, maybe it’s possible to follow the work of other writers?:thumb_yello:

Why o why wasn't I born as an English speaking person?:sneaky2:

I write a lot and a site like this would be a perfect inspiration to get on with it, but I can't write in English!:wink2:

But I want to thank you for the link, it even lead me to a Swedish really interesting blog with book reviews, and I think I will sign up and explore the site more, maybe it’s possible to follow the work of other writers?:thumb_yello:

People from all over the world join this. I think there might even be a section for people writing their novel in another language, it doesn't have to be in english.

I don't think I got 1,000 words the first two years I tried. Last year I made 60,000. I'm hopinh to hit 50,000 again. hehe, glad I'm not the only one who knows what nanowrimo is.

So you were at a Mika concert? How was it?

Transcendent. Life-altering. Amazing. Awesome....

I'm not sure there are enough superlatives to adequately express how it was :biggrin2:

It was absolutely the best night of my life and I've written about it in great detail in the Seattle gig report thread :wub2:

Transcendent. Life-altering. Amazing. Awesome....

I'm not sure there are enough superlatives to adequately express how it was :biggrin2:

It was absolutely the best night of my life and I've written about it in great detail in the Seattle gig report thread :wub2:

I'll have to go read it.

Still have yet to make it to a Mika gig. Maybe next year.

I just found what I wrote last year:

http://twilightriver.livejournal.com/5031.html

http://twilightriver.livejournal.com/5259.html

That's part one and part two.

I haven't written much to that LJ because it's where I put experimental stuff, but you're welcome to check it out if you want to see more of what I've done.

I need to start writing the project based on the book I wrote for Mika. Doing that for him gave me a good sense of how I want to write one of the books I want to write. NaNoWriMo might be a good time to tackle that.

I just found what I wrote last year:

http://twilightriver.livejournal.com/5031.html

http://twilightriver.livejournal.com/5259.html

That's part one and part two.

I haven't written much to that LJ because it's where I put experimental stuff, but you're welcome to check it out if you want to see more of what I've done.

I need to start writing the project based on the book I wrote for Mika. Doing that for him gave me a good sense of how I want to write one of the books I want to write. NaNoWriMo might be a good time to tackle that.

I'll have to read those sometime after I catch up on my word count. What was the book you wrote for Mika about?

I'm participating for the first time this year. :) I'm still wondering how I could be that stupid what with the exams I have this month and everything. But it finally got me writing again.

Yay! Good for you! It might turn out to be a good thing that you're doing it while getting ready for exams. Being that busy has got to help get rid of that inner editor. Good luck!

Yes, actually, I haven't heard much from him yet. He seems to be sleeping in a comfy corner of my mind. :)

Thank you! Good luck to you and everybody else as well!

(And by the way, I'm so proud at the moment because I managed to write more than 2,000 words today despite of a massive lack of motivation.)

Yes, actually, I haven't heard much from him yet. He seems to be sleeping in a comfy corner of my mind. :)

Thank you! Good luck to you and everybody else as well!

(And by the way, I'm so proud at the moment because I managed to write more than 2,000 words today despite of a massive lack of motivation.)

Good for you! I have been very unmotinated this whole week so I'm really far behind. I went to my first write in today and got another 1,000 in today, Still have the rest of the day for writing.

I'm actually in awe of myself for writing so much. Writing obviously works better under pressure for me, in terms of quantity at least. (Let's not talk about the quality, alright? :D) I got more than 3000 words done today, with word battles or whatcha call them I did with some fellow NaNo writers.

I need to do some word battles. lol, because I'm not feeling very motivated to write today. I did download this writing software that has a free 30 day trial, it's half off during the month of November. I think I might buy it, I rather like it.

This is very interesting, if I only had the time to write...

actually, maybe I'll make time for it, I'll see. It would be good for my English.

You'd be surprised how much time you'll find. lol, I have way more than I thought I did.

I write in Dutch:mf_rosetinted:

You don't have to write in English. :biggrin2:

You'd be surprised how much time you'll find. lol, I have way more than I thought I did.

You don't have to write in English. :biggrin2:

Awesome! I also write in English but the story I'm working on now is in Dutch, maybe I'll translate it eventually:naughty:

I wrote around 3000 words but now after reading it again I think it's the most boring crap I've done in a long time!:sneaky2:

So either I'll give up or start on a new story!

I don't know....

Okay I have some stories already written but that's not allowed to use, is it?:blink:

And I'm definitely writing in my own language, Swedish; I could never get the right nuances or mood choosing English.

I read and write a lot in English but it's not my creative language, it's like if I was a painter with only half of my colours!

I wrote around 3000 words but now after reading it again I think it's the most boring crap I've done in a long time!:sneaky2:

So either I'll give up or start on a new story!

I don't know....

Okay I have some stories already written but that's not allowed to use, is it?:blink:

And I'm definitely writing in my own language, Swedish; I could never get the right nuances or mood choosing English.

I read and write a lot in English but it's not my creative language, it's like if I was a painter with only half of my colours!

rule number one of nanowrimo: never read over anything you've written until November 30th! lol, the point is to just write, not getting anything worth reading out of it, if you're lucky you end up with somehting worth holding onto.

I don't think you should give up. I know some people have scrapped what they've written and started over.

No, you have to write something new. It can't be something you've written and then copy and pasted.

I took an old idea I never got around to writing and went with that one since I already knew a little about where I wanted to go with it.

rule number one of nanowrimo: never read over anything you've written until November 30th! lol, the point is to just write, not getting anything worth reading out of it, if you're lucky you end up with somehting worth holding onto.

I don't think you should give up. I know some people have scrapped what they've written and started over.

No, you have to write something new. It can't be something you've written and then copy and pasted.

I took an old idea I never got around to writing and went with that one since I already knew a little about where I wanted to go with it.

Thanks!:wub2:

*thinking, thinking, thinking*

Where are all the brilliant ideas when you need them?:roftl:

Thanks!:wub2:

*thinking, thinking, thinking*

Where are all the brilliant ideas when you need them?:roftl:

Haha, I always get mine when I'm working on another project. Very rude of them I'd say. Maybe you could try not thinking about it and it'll come to you. :naughty: Sometimes looking at pictures inspire me. Music videos too.