I donno what to pick (digi cam.)...

Dark Angel

You know, I myself have:

- Canon Ixus 950 IS, I adore it ... most of my videos are made with that one .. But it's old and you won't find it anymore :aah: (doesn't have HD videos either).

- Canon Ixus 100, big mistake, I'm not gonna bore you with the story. It's a nice enough camera and for pics it's ok, but it has very bad sound quality (for things as gigs that is, just the regular things are fine)

- Canon Powershot SX200, wonderful camera, but also only for pics because it has the same sound-problem as the Ixus 100 ...

- Panasonic Lumix TZ7, got that one recently .. can't comlain about the sound, a bit about the focussing on movements, but that's probably because I don't know the thing yet :aah: So great for videos, but for pics it doesn't even come near my Canon Powershot SX200 ...

So, it all depends on what you want and what your budget is ..

Btw, you can't zoom in while filming with any of those camera's, except for the Panasonic (12x zoom). The Canon Powershot also has 12x zoom but not in videos ... You can zoom in in videos, with all camera's, and quite much too, but that's digital zoom, not optical, and it'll make your videos very bad :aah: You need optical zoom, also in videos :wink2:

(the Ixus 100 has a 3x optical zoom btw ... so that's not that much).

sounds like the SX200 is pretty good...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sounds like the SX200 is pretty good...

It is (if you don't want to make videos :bleh:) yes ... But I can't promise you it'll be perfect at gigs ... You know, it's kinda an advanced camera, I have no idea how much experience you have and I haven't taken any pics with it at gigs, so ....

F.e. I have that Panasonic now, I can say I'm quite experienced (we also have a Canon EOS 450D at home) and I got it one day, and used it the next day at a gig ... Could handle it very well (the menu and all the buttons and things like that), even tho I hadn't any experience with Panasonic (but thank god a lot with other digital camera's :aah:) and still there are things that aren't the way they should have been ....

So please, if you buy a camera (doesn't matter if it's the Canon or not), don't expect to get everything perfect when using it the first times .. It kinda takes some practising :aah:

It is (if you don't want to make videos :bleh:) yes ... But I can't promise you it'll be perfect at gigs ... You know, it's kinda an advanced camera, I have no idea how much experience you have and I haven't taken any pics with it at gigs, so ....

F.e. I have that Panasonic now, I can say I'm quite experienced (we also have a Canon EOS 450D at home) and I got it one day, and used it the next day at a gig ... Could handle it very well (the menu and all the buttons and things like that), even tho I hadn't any experience with Panasonic (but thank god a lot with other digital camera's :aah:) and still there are things that aren't the way they should have been ....

So please, if you buy a camera (doesn't matter if it's the Canon or not), don't expect to get everything perfect when using it the first times .. It kinda takes some practising :aah:

How many digi cams do you have? :blink:

Verily true :) Thanks for your review :D You have lots of cams eheh The Canon Powershot SX200 in deed its a good competition with Panasonic TZ7, the link I sent compared both and others, I think it was a great site review.

How many digi cams do you have? :blink:

Well ... uh ... actually ... 6 :aah:

But one's is very, very old .. (a samsung, 3 MP, was my first camera) and then there's a reflex-camera wich was from my dad, but since he's not with us anymore it's now mine too ... (but I use it very little :blush-anim-cl: ).

I use the Powershot the most, for taking pics of my horse etc. And then there's the Panasonic now ... And the Ixus 950 I use(d) on gigs .... in theory that should be replaced with the Panasonic from now on :aah:

(the Ixus 100 was a mistake like I said, but my mum's using it now ..)

Well ... uh ... actually ... 6 :aah:

But one's is very, very old .. (a samsung, 3 MP, was my first camera) and then there's a reflex-camera wich was from my dad, but since he's not with us anymore it's now mine too ... (but I use it very little :blush-anim-cl: ).

I use the Powershot the most, for taking pics of my horse etc. And then there's the Panasonic now ... And the Ixus 950 I use(d) on gigs .... in theory that should be replaced with the Panasonic from now on :aah:

(the Ixus 100 was a mistake like I said, but my mum's using it now ..)

HOLY COW :shocked:

one for your horse and the 5 others for 5 bodtparts on Mika? :wink2:

Btw, you know those pics I've been posting lately? I took those with the Panasonic, maybe interesting to know that too :wink2: It was my first time/first day with the camera and I had really never taken any pics at gigs before ...

F.e.

P1000019-border.jpg

P1000029-border.jpg

P1000043-border.jpg

P1000050-border.jpg

All taken from the second row btw :wink2:

Btw, you know those pics I've been posting lately? I took those with the Panasonic, maybe interesting to know that too :wink2: It was my first time/first day with the camera and I had really never taken any pics at gigs before ...

:shocked:

can only get the FS42 and XZ1 in the shop i can choose in. But the XZ costs too much for me and the other one... donno what to say about that...

Damn, you were too quick, I've just edited my post :aah:

But the TZ7 is the only one I know (and can't say I have any experience with it :aah:) so I'm afraid I can't help you with the others .. :no:

I don't know how much the price differs between those but the 105 has a little better lens with a bit more zoom, and apart from that they're the same .. (ok, the 105 has 12MP and the 95 has 10 MP, but everything starting from 10 is fine and you won't noticed the difference between 10 and 12 :wink2: ).

I don't know how much the price differs between those but the 105 has a little better lens with a bit more zoom, and apart from that they're the same .. (ok, the 105 has 12MP and the 95 has 10 MP, but everything starting from 10 is fine and you won't noticed the difference between 10 and 12 :wink2: ).

a bit more zoom.... i love zoom :naughty:

Yeah, I guess .. but it won't matter that much :aah: Not if the camera is more expensive .. You know, I'm not 100% sure but I think the 95 has 3x zoom and the 105 4x zoom .. It's more, but don't expect too much of it :aah:

Edit; it's not even 4x zoom, it's more like 3.5 I think :aah:

(the 950 IS has 140 mm and that's 4x, the 100 IS has 100 and that's 3x .. and the 105 has 112 so that's in between .. )

Edit 2; I just noticed it says on the camera how much zoom it has! :lmfao:

It says 4x with the 105, but still that 4x isn't the same as the 4x of the 950 IS ..

pink... i donno about that :blink:

zoom 12 times... that sounds good... how good is the quality when you zoom that much? :fisch:

I have some pics from the Antwerp gig. I had seated places, quite far from the stage :teehee:

This is not zoomed in:

387799619.jpg

And these are quite far zoomed in:

387799604.jpg

387799689.jpg

387799681.jpg

387799669.jpg

Yeah, I guess .. but it won't matter that much :aah: Not if the camera is more expensive .. You know, I'm not 100% sure but I think the 95 has 3x zoom and the 105 4x zoom .. It's more, but don't expect too much of it :aah:

Edit; it's not even 4x zoom, it's more like 3.5 I think :aah:

(the 950 IS has 140 mm and that's 4x, the 100 IS has 100 and that's 3x .. and the 105 has 112 so that's in between .. )

Edit 2; I just noticed it says on the camera how much zoom it has! :lmfao:

It says 4x with the 105, but still that 4x isn't the same as the 4x of the 950 IS ..

what? :blink:

I have some pics from the Antwerp gig. I had seated places, quite far from the stage :teehee:

This is not zoomed in:

387799619.jpg

And these are quite far zoomed in:

387799604.jpg

387799689.jpg

387799681.jpg

387799669.jpg

Off topic, but wauw for that first one!! I love it! :biggrin2:

what? :blink:

What what?

Archived