I donno what to pick (digi cam.)...

Dark Angel

I cant make up my mind :blink:

What would you pick if you should pick one of these 3?

Edit: down to 3 canons cos i need zoom :naughty:

Canon Digital IXUS 95 IS

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/specification/2099/show.html

Canon Digital IXUS 100 IS

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/specification/2100/show.html

Canon IXUS 105

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/specification/2472/show.html

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah for gigs and both... think its maybe easier to make pics cos of so many peeps pushing ect.?

It's easier to make pics yes :aah:

For pics the Canons are great, but if you want to make (a lot of) videos too you shouldn't pick them (not those that is, there are Canons that are good enough) ....

I don't have any experience with Sony so can't help you with that one..

Hmm, but cannon have really good cam. too :dunno:

sorry i'm not the big help...

i need to find out what i want till monday... my lil sis will get me one of em as a early bday present... i just dont wanna spend hours in Fona trying to choose one :blink:

It's easier to make pics yes :aah:

For pics the Canons are great, but if you want to make (a lot of) videos too you shouldn't pick them (not those that is, there are Canons that are good enough) ....

I don't have any experience with Sony so can't help you with that one..

that only helped a lil... so if its only for pics what canon would you pick?

I own a (pink) Canon IXUS 95 IS. It's a good one for gigs, you can zoom in like 12 times. Only the videos are not that good. Well, the vid is good, but the sound may be very bad, especially when you're close to the stage.

I'm no expert, but all of them are good.

I have a Sony camera, and for gig videos, they're cool, the sound quality is really good! :wink2:

On the other hand, with Canon you can zoom in and out while you're filming, and with Sony you can't...

It depends on the importance you give to these details, I guess. :dunno:

With pics, I believe you'll have great results with any of those. :wink2:

I own a (pink) Canon IXUS 95 IS. It's a good one for gigs, you can zoom in like 12 times. Only the videos are not that good. Well, the vid is good, but the sound may be very bad, especially when you're close to the stage.

pink... i donno about that :blink:

zoom 12 times... that sounds good... how good is the quality when you zoom that much? :fisch:

I'm no expert, but all of them are good.

I have a Sony camera, and for gig videos, they're cool, the sound quality is really good! :wink2:

On the other hand, with Canon you can zoom in and out while you're filming, and with Sony you can't...

It depends on the importance you give to these details, I guess. :dunno:

With pics, I believe you'll have great results with any of those. :wink2:

i need one that can zoom... also very important with the request (or demands) i got for the next gig :lmfao:

i need one that can zoom... also very important with the request (or demands) i got for the next gig :lmfao:

:naughty:

I guess you've excluded the Sony ones, then... :wink2:

wauw helped a lot :lmfao:

Price matters? :wink2:

I was looking hardly last year for a digital cam.

I'm usually very demanding for quality by an average price.

I talked with experts and consulted many sites showing specifications/samples photos of those cameras and I had also covered the interest for gigs reportage.

True that we wont find any digital camera that will do a job of a reflex but some can be very near.

Forget the Canon ones, I don't recommend them (those models).

This Sony its reasonable, however you can find a better one, for example:

Sony DSC-H20

And these from Panasonic:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 (DMC-TZ7)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 (DMC-TZ10)

More info:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/q209grouplongzoom/

These have all a big zoom which will help in certain situations. They're not too slim, but at least the DMC-TZ7 do a great job (I have one).

Price matters? :wink2:

I was looking hardly last year for a digital cam.

I'm usually very demanding for quality by an average price.

I talked with experts and consulted many sites showing specifications/samples photos of those cameras and I had also covered the interest for gigs reportage.

True that we wont find any digital camera that will do a job of a reflex but some can be very near.

Forget the Canon ones, I don't recommend them (those models).

This Sony its reasonable, however you can find a better one, for example:

Sony DSC-H20

And these from Panasonic:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 (DMC-TZ7)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 (DMC-TZ10)

More info:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/q209grouplongzoom/

These have all a big zoom which will help in certain situations. They're not too slim, but at least the DMC-TZ7 do a great job (I have one).

Yeah max 1500 danish kr.

the only Panasonic cam. there is in the shop i can pick from (under that price) is a Panasonic Lumix DMC FS42...

You know, I myself have:

- Canon Ixus 950 IS, I adore it ... most of my videos are made with that one .. But it's old and you won't find it anymore :aah: (doesn't have HD videos either).

- Canon Ixus 100, big mistake, I'm not gonna bore you with the story. It's a nice enough camera and for pics it's ok, but it has very bad sound quality (for things as gigs that is, just the regular things are fine)

- Canon Powershot SX200, wonderful camera, but also only for pics because it has the same sound-problem as the Ixus 100 ...

- Panasonic Lumix TZ7, got that one recently .. can't comlain about the sound, a bit about the focussing on movements, but that's probably because I don't know the thing yet :aah: So great for videos, but for pics it doesn't even come near my Canon Powershot SX200 ...

So, it all depends on what you want and what your budget is ..

Btw, you can't zoom in while filming with any of those camera's, except for the Panasonic (12x zoom). The Canon Powershot also has 12x zoom but not in videos ... You can zoom in in videos, with all camera's, and quite much too, but that's digital zoom, not optical, and it'll make your videos very bad :aah: You need optical zoom, also in videos :wink2:

(the Ixus 100 has a 3x optical zoom btw ... so that's not that much).

Archived