I'm so proud !!

patricia4u

I've been very busy with an art project lately. I've been choosen to design for a wearable art show/contest.

I made a dress out of fish skins.

This was my first sketch : 141417724.jpg

This is the dress : 143.jpg

these are the shoes i decorated , they were black first 002-14.jpg

And yesterday we had our first show rehearsel, i got only good reactions everybody wanted to touch and see it :).

There was press too and they interviewed and filmed me and my model : here is the video http://www.noordhollandsdagblad.nl/nieuws/stadstreek/waterland/article6008431.ece/Aparte-creaties-bij-Kunst-om-het-Lijf

Translation of the text :

Unusual creations by "kunst om het lijf "

You can make dresses from everything even from cod skins.

That appeared during the first rehearsels of the show : Kunst omhet lijf ,thats beeing held from 25t/m 27 february in hotel De Rijper Eilanden in De Rijp.

Kunst om het lijf is beeing held to show that art is is also wearable.

30 Designers are choosen to show their creations. The prize is a trip to New Sealand and a chance to enter the international World of wearable art show .

As you see only my dress is mentioned by that journalist and that made me extreemly proud :)

I just wanted to share this all with you.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish i could be one of the model of the lobster's chair :roftl:

Where did this idea of making a dress with skin's fish came from ?

It mades me think of the lady gaga meat dress... I like the design but the idea to have make it with skin's fish is very... unexpected... I would love to see the same design with old pink silk or light material (does not know the word in english for this kind of material):wub2:

I wish i could be one of the model of the lobster's chair :roftl:

Where did this idea of making a dress with skin's fish came from ?

It mades me think of the lady gaga meat dress... I like the design but the idea to have make it with skin's fish is very... unexpected... I would love to see the same design with old pink silk or light material (does not know the word in english for this kind of material):wub2:

well i work parttime in a fishshop and realised how beautiful a fish skin can be :roftl:.

Yes the meat dress hahah but that didn't give me my inspiration ,i already had this idea before she came with that :biggrin2: .

Maybe i willmake that design out of "normal"material once but for this contest it was important to be unexpected hhaha.

Btw the name of my dress is: Lady Jane :biggrin2:

well i work parttime in a fishshop and realised how beautiful a fish skin can be :roftl:.

Yes the meat dress hahah but that didn't give me my inspiration ,i already had this idea before she came with that :biggrin2: .

Maybe i willmake that design out of "normal"material once but for this contest it was important to be unexpected hhaha.

Btw the name of my dress is: Lady Jane :biggrin2:

So good luck for your other part time passion ;) Hope to see the design of this beautiful dress with other material one day :thumb_yello:

Here is what I found :biggrin2: One of my favorite Mika's live: just for you Patricia ;) one of the most beautiful interpretation of Lady Jane :wub2:

Good idea for the name of the dress by the way I understand better you're approach

End of the off topic ;)

awww thanks thats very beautiful indeed :biggrin2:

Archived