2007: MIKA in NEW YORK 29 March

Giedrusia_NY

OMG The show was amazing!!! Mika was gorgeous, great and hot as always and I am more in love :mf_lustslow: with him than ever before Besides, MIKA visits us here!!! (don't know how often, but he does!!!) :naughty:

Pictures, videos and stories-tomorrow, unless someone has more energy left than I do :)

Thank you MIKA for the best show ever! Love, Giedre :wink2:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made it home! I am exhausted! But I just had to make a post here before bed....

The show was absolutely incredible!!!! Everything was just wonderful. I've never been to such a show with that type of energy and love from the crowd. I loved every minute! I couldn't stop smiling all night. In fact I am still smiling!

I'll post more about the show and other details later! And I'll post the copy of the set list I scored, pictures and video clips I took as well!! ;) Right now I must rest!

But Mika,if you do read this know that I really appreciate your music more so then ever after seeing you perform with such energy and high spirits! Thanks for a truly memorable night of fun! :wub2:

soooo??? did u get your hug??? :)

I GOT A HUG!!!!!

But don't have a pic with him yet.... Well, I have one more chance at Boaders today. I met Lissy (we were standing at the front of the line (thanks to Lissy), then I met RannaBananaLovesMika and MIKAontheweb and finally-Sinatrasdame1915. They all are wonderfull-thanks girs for the great time!!!

Sivan...yep, i got a hug, pictures with him and he autographed my CD. i have pics up in a thread and i'm waiting for my friend to send me the other pics she has of the concert and of me with mika, and the videos from the concert. They wouldnt let anyone in with cameras and i had to check my big camera in at the coat check but my friend snuck her camera in...but then it died a little later. I was 2 rows back dead center....read my post on how i got a picture with mika LOL!! Now that i think of it i'm embarassed but at least i got the pic with him and a hug. He is a sweetheart.

That skit they did with the animal costumes were hysterical...and when they were trying to get it off him.

Ugghh...i had some wacky kid behind me with a technicolored penis candy lollipop that was screaming in my ear the whole night and sticking the lollipop in my hair. Everyone was yelling at him to shut up. I thought a fight was going to break out. Thank goodness it didnt.

For everyone who was at the concert...where were you standing?

Ugghh...i had some wacky kid behind me with a technicolored penis candy lollipop that was screaming in my ear the whole night and sticking the lollipop in my hair. Everyone was yelling at him to shut up. I thought a fight was going to break out. Thank goodness it didnt.

For everyone who was at the concert...where were you standing?

He was 2 rows behind me on the right side. The girl with him was very sweet :thumb_yello: At the end of the show I took a pic of them-I didn't know he was a trouble maker :mf_rosetinted: . Was he the one who was yelling-MIKA LETS HAVE BABIES? :shocked: I thought his lollipop was funny in the beginning, but later I was sick of seeing him sucking it. The tall guy in front row with pink sun glasses was very funny.

He was 2 rows behind me on the right side. The girl with him was very sweet :thumb_yello: At the end of the show I took a pic of them-I didn't know he was a trouble maker :mf_rosetinted: . Was he the one who was yelling-MIKA LETS HAVE BABIES? :shocked: I thought his lollipop was funny in the beginning, but later I was sick of seeing him sucking it. The tall guy in front row with pink sun glasses was very funny.

OMG thats right...now that i remember it i saw you talking to a few people...you were right in front. I remember you turning back a few times..Were you the one taking pictures of people in the line before we went in? LOL!! You were right in front of me...you were in front of the two photographers. Mika reached down and touched people's hands during a few songs...did you get to touch his hand?

Yeah, that was a long drive for her. I hope she got home ok. She probably didnt get home until only a few hours ago so i'm sure she's sleeping right now. Did she come by herself or was she with people? I dont remember her being with anyone when we saw mika.

I'm so happy i got to meet so many nice people off here last night. I tell ya this is the best site ive ever been on. Usually i'll hang on a site for a while and then lose interest because it gets boring or the people become really mean to each other. This site is neither boring nor are there any mean people on here. Of course i come here to talk about Mika but i like talking to everyone too.

YES!!! He touched me twice!!! Photographers were from NY Times and Associated Press. Now a story about them. Theyboth came to take event pictures clueless who Mika was. Then the guy asked me if I thing he needs ear plugs :shocked: I asked the girl if she ever seen MIKA. Her answer was NO and I told them that MIKA is gorgeous :mf_lustslow: They were allowed to take pics of the first 2 songs, but they left before the first song was over. while leaving, the guy ironicly said: You told us that he's gorgeous!!!!! I wanted to kick to his gutts, but he left leaving more room for MIKA's real fans :punk: Tomorrow I'll buy NYT to see what they have to tell about the show :boxed:

He said he wanted to kick mika in the gutt???? I saw them leave, i'm suprised they left so quickly. Some people just dont appreciate good music. Everyone was annoyed that they were there cause everyone had to be pushed back and we were all squished for a while.

That video with the animal costumes from where we were standing you could see that mika and the other guy were sweating in the costumes. I cant believe someone threw a shirt on the stage. They bought the shirt and then threw it at mika...i wonder if he took it home LOL!! I forgot to buy a t-shirt there. I'll have to see if i can find one online.

Oh and he is such a TEASE!! with those braces...and shaking that cute little butt...OMG he was driving everyone crazy. He definately knows what he's doing with his braces LOL!! It was cute when he was shaking his butt with the other guitarist....

Yeah, that was a long drive for her. I hope she got home ok. She probably didnt get home until only a few hours ago so i'm sure she's sleeping right now. Did she come by herself or was she with people? I dont remember her being with anyone when we saw mika.

Her Mom drove her and had good time in NYC while waiting for Lissy :punk::wink2: I was on the line with her-she saved me a spot :blush-anim-cl:

OK, guys, wish me good luck today, I really need that picture with MIKA. See you tonight! Be prepared for loads of pics & videos :punk:

He said he wanted to kick mika in the gutt???? I saw them leave, i'm suprised they left so quickly. Some people just dont appreciate good music. Everyone was annoyed that they were there cause everyone had to be pushed back and we were all squished for a while.

That video with the animal costumes from where we were standing you could see that mika and the other guy were sweating in the costumes. I cant believe someone threw a shirt on the stage. They bought the shirt and then threw it at mika...i wonder if he took it home LOL!! I forgot to buy a t-shirt there. I'll have to see if i can find one online.

I'm sorry for my English :blush-anim-cl: I'm not an English speaker, and when I get excited, it becomes worse :thumbdown:

I wanted to kick the photographer in the gutt!!!:roftl:

The girl threw the t-shirt because she wanted MIKA to touch it. She got it back and told that she will never gonna wash it, because it has MIKA's touch!!! :roftl: I have one more story to tell, but I better start running to the BORDERS!!

See ya :wub2:

Giedre i am so jealous your going today. I hope you can get a picture with him. Tell me all about it when you get back. I was going to head out there right after work witch is at 5pm but by the time i get there either the line's gonna be really long or he'll be done and swept away :( I dont wanna go to the city and find out hes gona already...so show pics and tell us all about it. I wanted to kick that photographer in the gutt too. I was so mad that he was standing right in front of us and pushed us back. But they left very quickly so it wasnt so bad. Have a great time at borders and give Mika an extra hug from me :) I wonder if he'll remember you from last night. Let me know if he does LOL!!

I made it home safe and sound! I got home around 3am but I didn't actually sleep from all of the excitement until about 4am. I only just woke up about an hour ago. I'm so glad I was able to sleep in today.

It was so wonderful meeting a couple of you guys! I've met up with people from other forums but no one was as nice or as sweet as you guys - especially, Giedrusia!! I had an awesome time waiting in line you with you. Thanks for keeping me company! I didn't have anyone to wait in line with. But I'm glad I made a few friends. You really helped make the experience all the more sweeter. Oh and I don't know if they'll make it to the forum but Greg and Timothy if you are reading this thanks for keeping me company in line too. You guys were awesome and so kind!:wink2:

I was standing directly in front of MIKA!! I was the first person to actually be let in to the stage area so I definitely secured an excellent spot. I was generally amazed at home close I was. All I had to do was look up and he was standing right there! It was a such lovely view. It was hard to keep my eyes off of him!:mf_lustslow:

I completely snuck my camera in. I hid it in my chest. There was no way I was going to check it or my jacket. I knew it would be a mess afterwards. But since I was so close I just put my jacket and bag in front of me on stage. At first I was apprehensive about taking pictures. I was trying to be discreet. But I really wanted photos to remember the show by. I did have the flash off.b But one I noticed I wasn't the only one I loosened up. I had no trouble taking pictures. I think I took a lot of good shots! I even took several video clips. Some of the sound on them I noticed is a bit weak. I'm not sure why. Usually the sound quality on my camera is great. Oh well the footage itself is still amazing. My favorite by far is the clip I shot of Love Today. You guys will see why soon!:wub2:

Oh and I grabbed a copy of the set list - the set list in front of MIKA's microphone stand to be exact. I'll post a picture of it later! I even got it signed afterwards. And he was just so sweet about it. I didn't even ask. He asked me! He said "Want me to sign that for you, love?" And then he did! I know our meeting was very, very brief but he was so kind in those few brief moments. He was so relaxed and soft spoken(even though I'm sure he was exhausted!). I remember him saying (or something like this) before he got out of the car to speak to us all and sign things that "They're going to kill me for this!" I thought that was very nice of him to stop when he didn't have to and it would make him late to wherever he had to go next -the after-party I'm assuming.

But for now here is what was played copied directly from the list:

RELAX

RELAX INTRO

BIG GIRL

MY INTERPRETATION

BILLY BROWN

OVER MY SHOULDER

EVERYBODYS TALKIN

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE

RING RING

JOHNNY

LOVE 2DAY

GRACE KELLY

encore:

LOLLIPOP

I'm going to start to upload my pictures and video clips today! I'll post them when I get them all up!!

I had such an amazing time. I can't stress that enough. This was definitely one of the most enjoyable and memorable concerts I've ever been too. I really hope to see him again soon.

I know I'm forgetting to mention some things but this post is long enough! lol

Giedrusia, have a fabulous time at the Borders in-store! Say "hi" for me! I wish I could be there with you! Be sure to tell us all about it!!

Hey Lissy,

Glad you got home ok. It was a great time last night. I'm so glad i got to meet you and Giedre. I'm also glad that girl told us he was around the corner. I dont remember him saying they were going to kill him for coming out of the car....probably cause i was too busy telling him how long we were waiting for him and trying to get him to come out LOL!! I'm suprised more people didnt stay after to wait for him. He is such a sweetheart. I cant wait to see pics.