The Sun: LA Gig Report

Cautionary Wife

THE SUN

Bizarre Gig Guide

Mika's so hip says Natasha

January 25, 2007

HERE’S NATASHA BEDINGFIELD cosying up to UK chart-topper MIKA at his sell-out showcase gig in Los Angeles.

The pair hooked up after his concert and Nat kindly sent me her exclusive review of the show. She said:

LA hipsters were queueing around the block to get in.

The room was done up with rude-shaped balloons, glowsticks and rosettes. Lots of cute boys were there. Definitely a good place to go pulling if you are single!

Mika kicked off with Relax, Take It Easy — a top party track.

His 30-minute set ended on a high with the anthemic Grace Kelly — sure to be as big a hit in the States as it is in the UK.

Dressed in a frilly white shirt and lime green trousers, he looked hot.

He has great charisma and has a glint in his eye that draws you in. The LA scene seemed in love with Mika too. It’s great to see UK talent fly the flag here. I’ll definitely be buying his album as soon as it hits the shelves.

I have enjoyed a sneak preview of his album Life In Cartoon Motion and agree with Natasha — Mika is a big talent.

The CD — released February 5 — is influenced by SCISSOR SISTERS, QUEEN and ELTON JOHN but Mika has also put his own stamp on it.

There’s no doubt it is going be one of the albums of the year.

Bizarre

---

CW.

post-40-142983647792_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like Natasha Bedingfield (and her brother too!), can't wait for her new material (I think I heard somewhere her singles going to be called "I want your babies", ha ha). It's great that she is endorsing Mika, now that would be a collaboration!:thumb_yello:

• 4 weeks later...