Is it true that pre-ordered CD's turn up early?

Mika Mad

My husband has just told me that when you order a CD before it's release date, it often turns up a day early!

Is this true? Please tell me it is!!!!

I've ordered mine from Play.com and he reckons that it might turn up on Saturday 3rd instead of Monday 5th.

I'm hoping that he hasn't just said it to keep me quiet because he can't bear me counting down the days until I get my hands on the CD!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Play.com usually send pre-release CDs out on the Thursday before release, as they estimate that it takes 5 days to deliver (so would arrive on monday in theory) - in practice though they usually only take a few days and arrive on the Saturday before release. That's happened quite a few times for me with play.com.

Thank you, that's brilliant -exactly what I was hoping for !

I hope that Amazon do the same for everyone who has ordered it from them. I only ordered it from Play.com because that's what my husband uses and I hadn't discovered this fan club back then.

I've pre ordered twice on CD Wow, but the first cd came about a week after the general release, because of high demand, the other came 3 days after general release, which was annoying as it was my nephews birthday present.:thumbdown:

Now I'm sorry!

I really thought that everyone got a delivery on Saturday!

I'm amazed that you don't get it in London, when we get it here in rural Wales.

lol, no worries [Webbe], I don't know if we do or do not get it here in London actually, does anyone know? Now I am curious!

I'm still holding out hope that I'll get the album tomorrow (Saturday).

I'm going to ambush the postman.

If he hasn't got it I'll have to be late for work on Monday because the post doesn't usually come until after I've left home and I can't bear the thought that it might be sitting on the mat at home waiting!

My album didn't turn up today.

:badmood:

I sulked all morning, but I'm over it now (just).

If it doesn't turn up on Monday morning I think I'll have to go to Woolies and buy another one. I can't bear waiting any longer than I absolutely have to!