Mika - Various Tracks

Sprk

There's a Mika CDR promo that I just got, which isn't an album promo, but it still has 11 tracks on it. Here's the tracklisting:

1. Love Today

2. Grace Kelly

3. Your Sympathy

4. Happy Ending

5. Billy Brown

6. Ring Ring

7. My Interpretation

8. Stuck In The Middle

9. Any Other World

10. Relax

11. Gave It All Away

That's right... 3 (!!) tracks that aren't going to be on the album. Well, 2, if you don't count 'Ring Ring' which is a UK bonus track. Cool stuff, hopefully the songs will end up as a b-side to a single some day. The track 'Satellite', which will be on the UK 7" release of 'Grace Kelly' isn't on it BTW.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well I hate to gloat some more... But I have to ;)

So I only listened to the 3 'new' songs on that promo, because I already had the full album...

But then I got the UK version of the album, and the album version of 'Ring Ring' is different from the one on my promo. So I decided to listen to all the tracks on my promo... And they're ALL different. They're all like demo's. Less produced. The spoken intro on Grace Kelly is from an original film, not re-done by an actress, virtually all the electronic bleeps are gone, some vocals are different, etc etc etc... VERY interesting to hear.

Since I got this from the record company instead of just finding it online somewhere, I hope you guys understand I can't share mp3s of this with you. But it's good to know it's out there, perhaps you'll find it on a record fair or eBay or something...

Sprk.

Simply because you're gloating :wink2: and I'm very jealous of you!! I feel it necessary to point out that the spoken bit on Grace Kelly is not an actress, but Mika! lol

What are the other tracks like by the way, are they poppy like Lollipop, Big Girl etc. or slower like My Interpretation, Happy Ending and so on?

Simply because you're gloating :wink2: and I'm very jealous of you!! I feel it necessary to point out that the spoken bit on Grace Kelly is not an actress, but Mika! lol

What are the other tracks like by the way, are they poppy like Lollipop, Big Girl etc. or slower like My Interpretation, Happy Ending and so on?

No, the opening spoken part is an actress. The other parts (getting angry doesn't solve anything/humphrey we're leaving) is Mika. 100% sure, straight from the horses mouth (he told me in an interview).

Lollipop and Big Girl are both not on the promo and the unreleased tracks aren't like them. More Robbie Williams-ish.