A short but good interview with Mika.

xMariax

I don't know if this has been posted somewhere, but just in case i'll post it again.

Your childhood seems to be filled with adventure, could you tell me maybe a story or two growing up?

When you come from a family where you move around a lot traveling certainly doesn’t become an issue anymore apart from money of course. Ill never forget on the several occasions where my mother and father had an enormous fight we left for Portugal and another time in Rome…and another time in NY. Anytime that he would blow the fuse with my mother we got a free holiday out of it and we would go on these adventures. When you consider I come from a family of 5 children that’s no mean fee!

What are your favorite bands right now?

Favorite bands right now hmm… Absolutely loving The Gossip! One of my songs “Big Girl You Are Beautiful†could have been written about her (Beth Ditto).

Going on major major Tom Waits binges and there’s a Ultra Super Hyper Condensed concentrated POP band from Sweden called Body Without Organs that have an amazing song called Sunshine In The Rain…that is my current unashamedly guilty pleasure.

What were some of you inspirations for the album?

There is an overall “concept†to this album. It has a coming of age theme dealing with my transition from late childhood into early adult hood. As a result, I deal with a lot of issues or stories where people are going through changes in their lives. Those are always fruitful episodes to write about.

A little off topic… favorite food? place to shop?

Favorite food: Growing up the way that I have I kind of assume that I can hop from country to country with every meal. But I’m a sucker for good French Fries with mayo.

Favorite place to shop: There is a shop I am dying to go to in San Francisco called MAC Modern Apparel as they stock one of my favorite designers, Walter Van Bierendonck.

If you had to choose a place to be, where?

I would like to be in the mountains. I am terrified of water and tend to never swim in the ocean, even when I am stuck on the beach for 4 weeks.

• Like 1

Great! :thumb_yello: Thanks for posting!

"If you had to choose a place to be, where?

I would like to be in the mountains. I am terrified of water and tend to never swim in the ocean, even when I am stuck on the beach for 4 weeks."

HAHA :biggrin2: After all, there IS someone like me in this world!! :mfr_lol:

THANKS xMariax!

So, I did some research about walter van beirendonck and this is what I found::

http://www.waltervanbeirendonck.com

And some pics taken from his official site :

beirendonck_maw06_034.jpg

beirendonck_maw06_048.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

beirendonck_maw06_125.jpg

Born: 04.02.57, Brecht, Belgium

• Studies: Fashion at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp

• First breakthrough: British Designer Show / London in 1987 as part of ‘The Antwerp Six’

(with Dirk Van Saene, Dries Van Noten, Dirk Bikkembergs, Ann Demeulemeester and

Marina Yee).

• Since 1983 collections under the label Walter Van Beirendonck

18.jpg

mm, Mika has a good taste in fashion! :punk: