The Finnish thread

Sity

I can't remember other Finnish bands, there were so many... 4 Ruusua was there and they had their horrible English period then :mf_rosetinted:

Which Finnish rock band do you know? I've seen them quite many later even though I'm not a fan of Finnish music :D

The headline for the festival was The Prodigy. They didn't know that in summertime in Finland it will not get dark at night! They wanted to wait for it and because they were the last band for the last day, people started leaving home, they had to catch trains etc. Prodigy did well but the antmosphere was really weird, people wanted to see them but even more they wanted to go home :bleh:

Ah ok, kiitos!

My fave Finnish band is HIM :wub2: - I just love all of their songs. Of course Ville mostly sings in Englisah, but I also love it when he sings in Finnish (like in the songs he did with the Agents, Yö, Tehosekoitin...).

Moreover I absolutelly love Apulanta, Uniklubi and 51 koodia!!!

But I also like most stuff of CMX, Kotiteollisuus, Don Huonot, van Hetzen broters, Nightwish, Disco Ensemble, Technicolour, the Crash, Stratovarius, the 69 Eyes, Apocalyptica, Charon...

A few years ago I also used to love the Rasmus, Ripsipiirakka,

PMMP, Nylon Beat...:blush-anim-cl:

Well, I don't know why, but somehow I've always been fascinated by Finnish music...though I don't really like most of the real hard rock stuff such as Stam1na etc...But I do like Timo Rautiainen...

:yay: I hope you don't think I'm crazy now :mf_rosetinted:

moi moi mariposa x

Talking about the finnish bands I loooooove The Crash. It's funny, intelligent and different. :groupwave:

I heard that their song "Star" has been in some car commercial in Germany. Is that so?

Yes, for ebay - I love the crash!!! I think they are a bit like Starsailor...

Mitä Kuulu?!?!

My knowledge about finnish are very limited

Hyväa Perse!!! XDDD

But i love your country and your culture...and your metal bands :groupwave:

I´m a finnish friendly!!!

Can I join in like that?

Kiitos paljon!

Tervetuloa Anzuzu! : D

Ah ok, kiitos!

My fave Finnish band is HIM :wub2: - I just love all of their songs. Of course Ville mostly sings in Englisah, but I also love it when he sings in Finnish (like in the songs he did with the Agents, Yö, Tehosekoitin...).

But I also like most stuff of CMX, Kotiteollisuus, Don Huonot, van Hetzen broters, Nightwish, Disco Ensemble, Technicolour, the Crash, Stratovarius, the 69 Eyes, Apocalyptica, Charon...

A few years ago I also used to love the Rasmus, Ripsipiirakka,

PMMP, Nylon Beat...:blush-anim-cl:

Well, I don't know why, but somehow I've always been fascinated by Finnish music...though I don't really like most of the real hard rock stuff such as Stam1na etc...But I do like Timo Rautiainen...

moi moi mariposa x

Apulanta is very good!! And I like HIM too. But I'm not a huge fan :D

You know Finnish bands better than me! :D Charon. Never heard :'D

By the way, I was in Technicoulour gig a few weeks ago. My friend got free tickets : )

Charon is one of the best bands of finnish metal!!! Mariposa, i don´t like HIM at the moment and i hate The Rasmus.

I love the 69 Eyes, Entwine, Private Line, Apocalyptica, Negative, Uniklubi...and a lot more. I love Hanoi Rocks too and Tuomas Holopainen :roll1:

The headline for the festival was The Prodigy. They didn't know that in summertime in Finland it will not get dark at night! They wanted to wait for it and because they were the last band for the last day, people started leaving home, they had to catch trains etc. Prodigy did well but the antmosphere was really weird, people wanted to see them but even more they wanted to go home :bleh:

Well that sounds a bit awkward. O_o

The Crash - my ultimate fave Finnish band! :yay:

Hmm, never thought to compare them to Starsailor.

They have been compared to Mika tho.

I guess it's the melody in their music.

Oh, and saw Love Today on Finnish MTV two weeks ago!!

And finally got to see The Voice for Relax video and saw that one too!

I mean lets face it. They do look better on tv than on youtube lol.

Mitä Kuulu?!?!

My knowledge about finnish are very limited

Hyväa Perse!!! XDDD

But i love your country and your culture...and your metal bands :groupwave:

I´m a finnish friendly!!!

Can I join in like that?

Kiitos paljon!

Oh, of course you can join!! :doh:

Your Finnish is just great! :naughty:

The Koskenkorvas!! :roll1:

I don't know about you but Im perfectly fine without any fancy group name... x'D

Oh! But you know what would be fun IMO?

A co-ordinated thread for us Finnish and Estonian fans!

Similar to the Skandinavian Vikings thread. :wink2:

We are all left outside the Skandinavia. O_o

The Crash - my ultimate fave Finnish band! :yay:

Hmm, never thought to compare them to Starsailor.

They have been compared to Mika tho.

I guess it's the melody in their music.

Oh, and saw Love Today on Finnish MTV two weeks ago!!

And finally got to see The Voice for Relax video and saw that one too!

I mean lets face it. They do look better on tv than on youtube lol.

Ah! The Crash is love :D They're so adorable <3

You did!? D: Awww! I wanna see it on MTV too! :l

Hmm, you think they'll show Big Girl on the Finnish MTV too? :D The mv is so crazy! XD I love it.

I suggest some crazy name based on finnish culture. Maybe something like "Mikan saunatontut"... :roll1:

It's crazy, I know! :roftl:

Ahhahaha XD Thanks for making my day all of you! :roftl:

"Mikan saunatontut" .. And "The koskenkorvas" XDD I'm laughing so hard!

Ahhh, should we make a poll/ vote over it? :D lol. But we need more names!

Maybe we can connect the idea of "Mikan saunatontut" and "The Koskenkorvas" in some hilarious way. Nothing too simple... Something like "Mikan koskenkorvatunturitontut" could be monsterous enough! :biggrin2::roftl::naughty:

Tervetuloa Anzuzu! :original: Meitä ei tosiaankaan ole liikaa täällä, mutta keskustelua senkin edestä :naughty:

Ryhmän nimeksihän tietenkin voisi sorvata jotain todella omituista suomalaista sisäpiirijuttua, tuo saunatonttu olis just hyvä :biggrin2: tai miten olisi "Mikan saunottajat" :roftl:

My fave Finnish band is HIM - I just love all of their songs. Of course Ville mostly sings in Englisah, but I also love it when he sings in Finnish (like in the songs he did with the Agents, Yö, Tehosekoitin...).

Wow, you listen much more Finnish music than I do!

How do you have got all that music? I guess internet has something to do with it :wink2: I've seen many of those playing live in festivals and I think Finnish bands are really good in this summer festival touring thing. They really know how to keep 20.000 people happy even when they are drunk and tired (both, band and audience..) :punk:

I've noticed that I'm not into HIM but I really like Ville's voice. The latest hit "Summer Wine" is really beautiful! ...

Oh and if you like Charon, do you like Senteced or Poisonblack? They are quite similar. :thumb_yello:

How could I, this is MFC :roll1:

Hieman asian ulkopuolelta kysymys keskustelun perustajalle Satulle. Monesko suomalainen olen tässä threadissa? Omien laskujeni mukaan #7. :rolleyes:

Oho. Sorry! :doh:

Ja tervetuloa Mika fan clubiin Anzuzu!

Maybe we can connect the idea of "Mikan saunatontut" and "The Koskenkorvas" in some hilarious way. Nothing too simple... Something like "Mikan koskenkorvatunturitontut" could be monsterous enough! :biggrin2::roftl::naughty:

XD Yeah, that's good, you can tell from the name that we're always drunk, live in the middle of no where and probably are pretty tiny :D Kuvaa suomalaisia hyvin. lol.

Hmm.. Ah, why can't I come up with any good names D: So creative.. :P

Mikan koskenkorvatunturitontut sounds good!

What if it was a bit longer?

Mikan koskenkorvatunturisaunatontut. Now we would have 'sauna' in it! :naughty:

This is sooo funny! If we had a word this long and strange in our signaturies, everybody would look at it and think: "What theee hell..." Mika included! LOL :das:

Mikan koskenkorvatunturitontut sounds good!

What if it was a bit longer?

Mikan koskenkorvatunturisaunatontut. Now we would have 'sauna' in it! :naughty:

It's not long enough yet.

Nor cliché enough.

Mikan koskenkorvasinivalkotunturisaunanokiahevimämmikarvapersetontut. :doh:

^nythän mä vasta keksin että tuossa on myös "korvatunturi" :lol3:

EDIT:

pitäisköhän saada näitä äätä ja öötä mukaan niin puolet foorumista ei saa enää mitään selvää mitä siinä lukee.

Yhdyssanan pituudessa varmaan saksan kieli pesee meidät, mutta jotain pösilöä voitais keksiä :sneaky2:

Meillä-on-kylmää-ja-pimeää-mutta-me-lämmitämme-Mikaa-group :biggrin2: