How my friend came to discover Mika

Akim

I've already mentioned how I came to "find" Mika: a friend of mine had roped me in...well this is an account of how she came to find him...(if that's not too confusing). I took it from her myspace page (with her permission) to share for all...see what you think...

Mika Mania

Current mood: giggly.gif giggly

artistic.gifI'm feeling all inspiration this morning!. I should of really started this blog yesterday, or even perhaps at the begining of the year but its taken me all this time to get my arse in gear and finally join the ' myspace movement '. So here it is, my first atempt at ' blog speak '....

I supose everyone has an obsession; whether healthy or not. Last summer began my James Morrison obsession. He, the blue-eyed Brit award winner. (of which i can now honestly put hand on heart and call it my border line unhealthy obsession-methinks i was experiencing some sort of premature mid- life crisis!amused.gif).

Its funny how things can flip-reverse, then smack you right between the eyes. Let me introduce you to my new 'healthy' obsession ....Enter Mika!...Mika the 'flamboyant showman, Mika the genius!!calm.gif

It all began late last December when i first heard those all telling lines; "do i attract you, do i repulse you".I was immediatley hooked..Then came the sample tracks of his album and at this point i was happily blown away. How can one album be sooooo diverse- every kind of emotion is put out for public display.

It soon occured to me that i was too late in deveolping my appreciation of this man of great talent and was going to miss out on the opportunity of witnessing this intelligent species of a man, perform his biggest gig to date in London. However, little did i know that a second chance awaited- an annoucement of a free acoustic showcase!!..Oh, i should mention, that at this stage in my obsession with all things Mika, i had successfully recruited a friend (that's me=Akim!!:thumb_yello:) to join me in 'Mika World'.

Suffice to say, on a cold winters day in January (Jan 29th to be exact) my love of Mika truly commenced and the fun hasn't stopped! Its been Mika, Mika, and more Mika, with a little bit of James Morrison thrown in for good measure......giggly.gif

I'm off to see him again in May, and July with my fellow Mika obssesive friend, who, can i just add, is more obsessed than i am- to the point of joining his ever increasing messageboard and fan club!!...This guy is highy contagious!

So, in conclusion to this blog, and whilst offering some food for thought, i'll end it with some very choice words from Mika himself. For all those who choose to be more concerned with Mika's sexual orientation, rather than his music and creativity;

"Sexuality in pop is genderless. Over-sexualising a record is delicious and amazing"

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl:

What a great discovery your friend has made to be sure! Is she going to be joining us on MFC?

And Akim, I like your signature, are you a Morrissey fan by chance, if so, :punk: :punk: :punk:

Hey thanks for the thumbs up...I am an 80's fan- straight from the heart. I have had poems dedicated to me on account of this and yes Morrissey fits my bill...

My friend and I sit next to each other at work and it is pure Mika conversations...so whatever I get from MFC is already fed through to my friend...I think she feels she won't be able to contain her feelings if she were to have direct contact with "Mika"- Mika watch out!!!

Hey thanks for the thumbs up...I am an 80's fan- straight from the heart. I have had poems dedicated to me on account of this and yes Morrissey fits my bill...

My friend and I sit next to each other at work and it is pure Mika conversations...so whatever I get from MFC is already fed through to my friend...I think she feels she won't be able to contain her feelings if she were to have direct contact with "Mika"- Mika watch out!!!

:roftl: :roftl: I had to laugh! As if any of us on this forum try and contain our feelings!!!! I'd say it's just the opposite, and I don't care if Mika sees it and thinks we are silly or just freaks out! He seems to have a great sense of humour and I feel sure he's happy we are all nuts....Tell your friend to get over here and share in the Mika love!