The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm not sure if anyone else does this, but whenever there is a Mika concert happening in europe, with the time difference, the details and nitty gritty of every concert are available in early evening.

when we get our concerts... say in montreal, i'll get home at about 1:00 a.m.

latest, which is when most of europe will just be waking up... there will be no one eating popcorn online and dying for our posts during the evening

that's what time zone does !:bleh:

They will be drinking their coffee and tea instead. :biggrin2:

Ha ha! I manage somehow in the morning. I actually wake up 2 hours before I have to get ready (5 am) just to have some peace & quiet and "My" time before the rest of the house wakes up.

Also, there are the Americans in an earlier time zone, that might be waiting for our reports....:biggrin2:

Ha ha! I manage somehow in the morning. I actually wake up 2 hours before I have to get ready (5 am) just to have some peace & quiet and "My" time before the rest of the house wakes up.

Also, there are the Americans in an earlier time zone, that might be waiting for our reports....:biggrin2:

oh that's true... i forgot all about the americans duhhhhh!!

(how could i...!! sorry!):blush-anim-cl:

hello there! I'm an Italian Mikafan wishing to move to Canada. I'm seriously thinking about getting the certification to teach French there and I'm interested in the Greater Toronto Area (mainly Toronto and Mississauga).

Since we're a huge family at MFC.com, I would like to hear your opinion about this queer idea of mine!

Well, if Canada loves Mika, it must be a wonderful place to move to :biggrin2:

Thanks a lot, it would be great if you could give me some information about the place, because I don't actually know anybody there. For example, can you survive without a car???!!??? It may sound stupid but the small things count as much as the big ones!

:thumb_yello:

bye

laura

i'm not sure if anyone else does this, but whenever there is a Mika concert happening in europe, with the time difference, the details and nitty gritty of every concert are available in early evening.

when we get our concerts... say in montreal, i'll get home at about 1:00 a.m.

latest, which is when most of europe will just be waking up... there will be no one eating popcorn online and dying for our posts during the evening

that's what time zone does !:bleh:

Oh they will be waiting....:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

that's nice! maybe we'll get to meet... are you on the floor?

I am on the floor!!! It's so exciting!!

Oh they will be waiting....:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

I am on the floor!!! It's so exciting!!

i'm on the floor as well. :punk: i'm bringing my 2 sons girlfriends, my niece

and my son's friend to the concert (christmas gifts made easy)

hehe my sons did not want to go unfortunately... they like mika

but not enough to go to a concert. they want to go to lincoln park or something like that. i will be getting there around 5 p.m.

the girls have go to school that day, so i have to wait til they all get home and then i can pick them up. i asked for my tickets express post, but i haven't received them yet... does anyone know how long it takes?

hello there! I'm an Italian Mikafan wishing to move to Canada. I'm seriously thinking about getting the certification to teach French there and I'm interested in the Greater Toronto Area (mainly Toronto and Mississauga).

Since we're a huge family at MFC.com, I would like to hear your opinion about this queer idea of mine!

Well, if Canada loves Mika, it must be a wonderful place to move to :biggrin2:

Thanks a lot, it would be great if you could give me some information about the place, because I don't actually know anybody there. For example, can you survive without a car???!!??? It may sound stupid but the small things count as much as the big ones!

:thumb_yello:

bye

laura

hi there

wish i could help you, but i don't know "life in toronto" i live in montreal. when i go to toronto, i only do the "tourist" thing... you know, visit cn tower :naughty: i know in montreal, you can live without a car, i assume you can in toronto as well. you are right, we love mika. canadians in general are very polite and well behaved people... you should enjoy it!:blush-anim-cl:

http://www.straight.com/contest/universal-music-dvd-collection

please see link above! I put this on the news section! Unfortunately this is only for residents of BC (if you win you can pick it up in person on the day of the Vancouver Concert!). Its through the Georgia Straight Paper! Its a huge collection of Universal Music DVD's including Mika's Live in Cartoon Motion!

Here are the artists in the 9 DVD prize:)

MIKA

Wolfmother

Rufus Wainwright

Scissor Sisters

Nelly Furtado

Amy Winehouse

Nirvana

Oasis

Keane

SEE INFO BELOW FROM GEORGIA STRAIGHT PAPER!:)

Latest Updates:

This from the Georgia Straight Paper!

Additional Venue for Buying Tickets

Mika

The Georgia Straight presents singer-songwriter from England ("Love Today"), performing tunes from debut CD, Life in Cartoon Motion. More information at http://www.mikasounds.com/

Feb. 15, 2008, 8 pm

Tix on sale Dec. 15, 10 am, $39.50 (plus service charges and fees) at http://www.ticketmaster.ca/. Tix also at Zulu Records

Orpheum Theatre (Seymour & Smithe)

Don't forget the Aussies - they're between 5 and 7 hours behind North American PST, but a day ahead (or 17 - 19 hours ahead, if that's easier). So when it's 2am on Friday for us in that time zone, it's 7 -9pm on Friday for them!

hi there

wish i could help you, but i don't know "life in toronto" i live in montreal. when i go to toronto, i only do the "tourist" thing... you know, visit cn tower :naughty: i know in montreal, you can live without a car, i assume you can in toronto as well. you are right, we love mika. canadians in general are very polite and well behaved people... you should enjoy it!:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you all the same :thumb_yello: I'll patiently wait for advice from the fans who live in the Toronto area.

ok... it was -20 celcius when i woke up this morning

and they predict 40 cm of snow on sunday!!!

and it isn't even officially winter yet!!

mika better get his mom a very warm coat for january:naughty:

I LOOVE THE COLD!

:D i played in the snow at lunch today... well.. involuntarily. my friends PULLED ME INTO THE SNOW.

haha ...

40 CM? .... that's.... just like my dream i had the other night !!! ... :shocked:

We got quite a bit of snow last night too. I went out to my car when I woke up to go the gym and I had to go in through the passenger door to get my window scraper cuz my driver side door was iced shut!!:naughty:

Oh well, that's snow for you!!

Calgary was Chinookin' today. I think the day time high was actually above freezing.

I <heart> our Chinooks.

Some days...when it is -40 c out...I wish we got chinooks. Other times, I love the snow and wouldn't get rid of it for anything!!

VIDEOS!!!

So I'm spamming random threads to bring you this news:

You are probably aware that Mika was at Jo Wiley's house for his turn in the Live Lounge. You might also have downloaded the two tracks that were recorded live while he was there.

BUT did you know that parts of the show were also recorded with a camera? This means VIDEOS, people! Four lovely clips of Mika, including him performing the acoustic Relax, the cover of Teardrop, AND a very nice Love Today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/livelounge/artist/071212_tour_mika.shtml

I LOOVE THE COLD!

:D i played in the snow at lunch today... well.. involuntarily. my friends PULLED ME INTO THE SNOW.

haha ...

40 CM? .... that's.... just like my dream i had the other night !!! ... :shocked:

So no school on monday for you :wink2:

VIDEOS!!!

So I'm spamming random threads to bring you this news:

You are probably aware that Mika was at Jo Wiley's house for his turn in the Live Lounge. You might also have downloaded the two tracks that were recorded live while he was there.

BUT did you know that parts of the show were also recorded with a camera? This means VIDEOS, people! Four lovely clips of Mika, including him performing the acoustic Relax, the cover of Teardrop, AND a very nice Love Today.

Thanks!

Oooh thanks for the spam! I'm so glad Mika is practicing those living room performances so he'll be ready for the show I have planned for July.