Great work Kate!!!

Hope u'll have a great tome at GMA!!!

About the Armanian History, a lot of them ran away when there were the genocid last century....& came to Lebanon...my grand father, my mother's dad, was one of them...

I've discovered this part of my roots there's not long ago coz only my eldest uncle know exactly all the story which is very complex, it takes me a while to really understand what happened, even my mom didnt know...

Audrey is his little cousin & Zuleika Allegra Penniman (complete name) is his younger sister:cool:

almost all his family sang on the album:bleh:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww Kate you're such a sweet leb-lollipop girl !!! :mf_lustslow: you'll be amazing in the gig i'm sure...Mika will ask you to sing with him :wink2: i loved your birthday card..it's nicely written and let's just hope you'll get the chance to give it to him...by the way thanks for your looong message i do like reading long posts...we get to know each other and it makes us closer don't you think so ? :wink2: I just wanted to say have an excellent gig and take the maximum pleasure there...wish i could be in NY !

As for me..i found a very cheap ticket to go to lebanon...so i'm doing the trip on the 16th of August :mf_lustslow: YAAAY i'll stay in leb till the 28th of August..let's hope Mika's going to pop in leb for a nice gig while i'm there :wub2: and i'm going to eat and party like mad !!!! just cross your fingers for me in the hope that i can come back safely and that the aeroport won't be bombarded like last summer :sneaky2: anyway i'll be away from 16-end August.:blush-anim-cl:

Love the poster, and the iPod cover! I'm sure you're going to stand out bigtime!! I'll look out for you; we get GMA aired the day after, so August 11th, I'll look out for you in the crowd! :wink2:

Thanks guys, for all the support and stuff for Friday. You guys really are awesome.

Joyce (now that your name has been revealed, LOL)- Thanks for that info, it is quite involved (my family split up, too), and especially hard to understand over a crappy cell phone connection. May Dad is camping in the middle of nowhere this week.

cubitus- That's so exciting! So close- it's only 9 days! Have a wonderful time!

Sou- Thanks, the poster is huge! I don't think you'll be able to overlook it!

Okay. I'll get this out- I didn't get an answer for you guys. But let me say, I did ask. It was pandemonium. He came over to us periodically, and at one point he was signing everyone's posters. I asked him like, 3 times where he was from, but he didn't hear me. Everything was being shoved in my face. He almost went to sign my poster, but I handed him my card instead. Everyone was like, "MIKA SIGN THIS!" And I said, "This is for you!" And he said, "Oh, thank you!" I'm glad he got that instead because it had everything I wanted him to read, rather than I get his qutograph. So I tried to ask, but it was crazy busy, he didn't hear me, and there wasnt' reeally time, again. So I'm sorry, I felt bad afterwards because I know you guys have been trying to figure it out for weeks.

And you saw me??? Wasn't my sign huge? It was blurry on my TV because it was glossy with all my super-lamination (for the rain), but YAY I'm glad you did! Reppin' the Lebanese!!

OH, and my report is in the GMA thread, it was amazing, but I'll say this here to you guys because it relates. While we were waiting outside there was a big window and Mika was soundchecking. I held up my sign and Mika pointed right to it, read it, laughed, and told Martin and Mikey to read it and they all smiled and waved. :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I was SO HAPPY.

So yeah, if you want the rest of my report, it's in the GMA thread. Mostly in one post, but I added this after. Pages 44-48: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4673

Okay. I'll get this out- I didn't get an answer for you guys. But let me say, I did ask. It was pandemonium. He came over to us periodically, and at one point he was signing everyone's posters. I asked him like, 3 times where he was from, but he didn't hear me. Everything was being shoved in my face. He almost went to sign my poster, but I handed him my card instead. Everyone was like, "MIKA SIGN THIS!" And I said, "This is for you!" And he said, "Oh, thank you!" I'm glad he got that instead because it had everything I wanted him to read, rather than I get his qutograph. So I tried to ask, but it was crazy busy, he didn't hear me, and there wasnt' reeally time, again. So I'm sorry, I felt bad afterwards because I know you guys have been trying to figure it out for weeks.

And you saw me??? Wasn't my sign huge? It was blurry on my TV because it was glossy with all my super-lamination (for the rain), but YAY I'm glad you did! Reppin' the Lebanese!!

OH, and my report is in the GMA thread, it was amazing, but I'll say this here to you guys because it relates. While we were waiting outside there was a big window and Mika was soundchecking. I held up my sign and Mika pointed right to it, read it, laughed, and told Martin and Mikey to read it and they all smiled and waved. :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I was SO HAPPY.

So yeah, if you want the rest of my report, it's in the GMA thread. Mostly in one post, but I added this after. Pages 44-48: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4673

OMG that's soo cool!!

I'm so glad you had a fun time and that Mika read your beautiful poster, haha would also want to see his and the others expression :biggrin2::woot_jump:

Heyyy Kate !! it's alright if you couldn't get an answer for our question but thanks for trying :blush-anim-cl: really that was very nice of you...i read your review in the GMA thread and i felt like ''OMG that was a huge gig...one of the best Mika's ever made'' i'm really happy for you...you must've had a great time ! i also saw the pictures :naughty: that poster was awesome !! and actualy mika laughed at it !!!! LOOOL that's funny :roftl: anyway thanks for trying to ask mika about his origins in lebanon but it was worth trying :naughty:

Now i'm making a huge list of what i'll eat in lebanon and what i shall buy from there...if you have any idea please share it with me before going there...so i'll be eating 1) the Lebanese taboulé (coz the taboulé made in leb is inimitable)

2) the mehché warak arich loool it's vine leaves stuffed with rice

3) the fatayer bi kichk

4) the loubié bizeyt (coz the loubié here in france is sooo different from our loubié loool)

5) the adass bi hamoud (coz it always tastes better in leb)

6) the kharoof mehchi (lamb with rice )

7) and finaly the kneffeh^^

See i'm almost vegetarian loool and i'll buy loads of baklawa for friends here in france...and of course some personnal items cheaper than in france :naughty: So tell me what shouldn't i miss too ???

Cubs!!!!!! you make me hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE TORTURING ME!!!mehché warak 3arich w ftayer mmmm:mf_lustslow:

*rush to the kitchen*

Kate, dont worry about the question , WE WILL KNOW SOONER OR LATER HAHA!!!

So happy for you!!! you met him!!!:yay: he was very sweet really!!!:wub2:

BUT I'M DESAPOINTED!!!!!!:sneaky2:

NEITHER KATE NOR SCUT RECOGNIZED ME ON GABBLY!!!!!!!:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for your comments on GMA, guys! The investigation goes on! The card also has my email, so if that ever happens, I will be sure to ask, LOL!

Cubs- Is the "mehché warak arich" like a vegetarian dolma? My aunt has made them with just rice, before. I think she put sweet yellow peppers in there, too. It sounds like it.

Joyce- Reallly? Who were you? :-( Honestly though, it took me and cubs like, 5 minutes to decipher whether or not I was the right Kate. Because this girl Emz insisted I talk to her on MSN all the time but I don't have MSN! Gabbly was insaaaannne.

Thanks for your comments on GMA, guys! The investigation goes on! The card also has my email, so if that ever happens, I will be sure to ask, LOL!

Cubs- Is the "mehché warak arich" like a vegetarian dolma? My aunt has made them with just rice, before. I think she put sweet yellow peppers in there, too. It sounds like it.

Joyce- Reallly? Who were you? :-( Honestly though, it took me and cubs like, 5 minutes to decipher whether or not I was the right Kate. Because this girl Emz insisted I talk to her on MSN all the time but I don't have MSN! Gabbly was insaaaannne.

mehché warak 3arish could be cooked with and without meat....I prefer without, it's better ...& I'm not a veggie:bleh: I love dolma!!!!

I love gabbly i've became addicted to it...more than the MFC:naughty:

It's 10000more interesting than here haha Crazy!!!!:biggrin2:

Really you & cubs were there??haha do you remember Angie?:mf_rosetinted::wink2:

Miam miam i prefer the warak arich with meat :naughty: but it's ok without it me too i liked gabbly i met kate there and didn't know it was her :blush-anim-cl: it was 4 in the morning so i don't think you were there at that time joyce :naughty: i've become such a night owl :boxed: should i be asked next to deliver parcels ?:blink::naughty: looooooooool

I totally understand the Gabbly addiction! I'm logged on there, and I'm the only one, but hey, who knows someone might bless the chat room with their presnence and I wouldn't be the only one! :D

And stop talking about food! :P

It's time for me to say goodbye to all of you ! My plane is tomorrow in the afternoon and i still haven't packed :naughty: Hope that you'll all have an excellent end of june either with your family or your friends and i'll see you back in the 1st of september

Love

JK

Hi everyone,

Been a long time since I came on to the site.

Anyway, I'm not in Lebanon anymore - I went to Spain first to take my dog to my Mum's house to stay (my baby dog is now with her Teta & Jidou :)

then I came to London. We've been here for a couple of weeks now and we're getting used London's weather (rain, rain, rain).

How is everyone anyway? I didn't forget you - I was just travelling or busy...

Kate: Wow, it sounds like you had an amazing time at GMA! And Mika liked your sign, awesome! Don't worry about not getting the answer, we'll stalk it down eventually? :naughty:

Joyce: No wonder I didn't recognise you on Gabbly, you were called Angie! Sorry. :blush-anim-cl:

Cubs: Have a wonderful holiday in Lebanon! Be careful not to over-eat or over-spend. :wink2:

Lara: Welcome back! How was Spain? How are you liking London? :original:

cubs- HAAAAVVVE FUNNN!!! We can't wait to hear all about it!

lara- You must be exhausted. hope your vacation was fun and that you're exploring London! :-)

Scut- YES WE WILL! And I was just looking at the pictures today. I thought the same thing. I love it!

Terja3 bel salameh Cubes!!!!

Lara, welcome back, you've been missed!! Hopefully everything's settled now and we'll see more of you over here! :original:

Scut, shway shwayyyy!! LOOOL!

And..............

MIKA'S GOING TO BE IN DUBAI OCTOBER 27th!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *faints*

YALLA, who's coming with me??????????????

Hi everyone!! After ages I'm in again, sorry for not being here for so long, there's no excuse...:sorry:

Lara, how do you like it in London? And Spain? Your mum lives in a village in Granada, doesn't she? Somewhere in Las Alpujarras maybe? Beautiful area! Hope you're happy in London, though I know it must be very hard leaving Lebanon... Anyway, it's great to read you again!! And... welcome to Europe!!!

I don't think this hand gesture needs an explanation in this thread. :roftl:

What a, ummm, polite Lebanese boy. :naughty:

Know what, Scout? I thought just the same when I saw the pic, he's Lebanese all over hahaha!!!!:roftl: Isn't he cute??? OMG, since I met him in Ibiza Rocks I've been in Cloud 9... He's sooooo nice and hot!!! Wow, can't believe it was me he talked to!! :roll1:

Cubitus, I hope you have the time of your life in Lebanon, you have to tell us as soon as you come back!!!

Sou, it's sooooooo wonderful you're gonna see him too in Dubai, I bet you meet him and he'll be such a nice dude with you as well. I'm so happy for you!!!! Now I'm kindda mad, because Queenie and me are going to his gig in Barcelona on Oct. 18, and then to Torino the 19 and Bologna the 20!!! :woot_jump: Can you believe it? And my boyfriend still hasn't got the slightest idea of our plan... I'm afraid of telling him, he will think I've gone completely crazy!!!!

wow!!!hello all!!!:thumb_yello: How are you???Souuu...I'm very sorry for you...I know that u don't want me to say that,but...it's the truth...

mmh...I envy cubitus...all those yummy foods...but my mom isn't lebanese for nothing...in fact she cooks a lot of lebanese foods...I adore her!!

ah...mom...I'm a lucky gal!!!:roftl:

shway shwayyyy!! LOOOL!

I wanted to post "Shway! Shway!" as a caption in the Picture Captions Thread but noone would have understood it. :naughty:

I thought just the same when I saw the pic, he's Lebanese all over hahaha!!!!

Oh, he is, and that's why we love him here. :wub2: