To Mika fans in London/Manchester (or just whoever:)

sonjalovestoday

I think this belongs here.

I just bought tickets to one of Mika's shows in Manchester without being 100% sure if i can actually make it to the show or who's gonna use the other ticket...but i'll get myself there :)

Anyway, since i'm from an island in the middle of nowhere and don't know these things very well i have a few questions. Is it possible to take a train from London to Manchester and if so, then how long does it take?

That place where the show is gonna be (which i don't remember the name of right now, Apollo something i think) is it located somewhere complicated? lol!!

And now to the show it self!

Are there any chances of actually meeting Mika?

Does the line usually start early?

Should i get there hours before if i wanna be near the stage?

Do a lot of people go dressed up?

Well, i think this is it, hope somebody can help me out! :biggrin2:

oh btw, is someone else here going to that show? (19th Nov. in Manchester)

Love, Sonja xoxo

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sonja

Check out the thread babspanky gave you the link to (above) if indeed you haven't already, and you'll see I'm going to the Manchester November 19th concert, along with a few others (not enough others, may I just say!!:blink: )

I know Manchester well and will be glad to help you out with planning your trip!

You can easily get trains from London to Manchester, it takes about 2 hours though it's a long time since I did that journey! That shouldn't be a problem for you. It's advisable to book trains well in advance for cost reasons, though.

The Apollo is fairly central, just a short walk from the main rail station. Again, it's years since I went there though. (And don't tell anyone - shh - but I'm still a Mika Virgin so I can't really tell you what the 'done thing' is at his concerts unfortunately, except for what I extract vicariously from all the reports on here:naughty: )

Anyway, stay in touch on the Manchester Apollo 19th November thread....:thumb_yello:

Rachel

x

Hi,

I'm going to Mika in Manchester. And I saw him in Leeds. The queue starts early and plenty of people dress up. I'll be coming from work so I don't think I'll get a good spot, but I live in hope .....

Fan club members often wear flashing hearts. Mika can usually be spotted leaving after the show and usually poses for photos and gives autographs. but don't set your heart on it. But if he's off-colour or very tired he may just leave.

The actual gig will be wonderful!

Hi Sonja

Check out the thread babspanky gave you the link to (above) if indeed you haven't already, and you'll see I'm going to the Manchester November 19th concert, along with a few others (not enough others, may I just say!!:blink: )

I know Manchester well and will be glad to help you out with planning your trip!

You can easily get trains from London to Manchester, it takes about 2 hours though it's a long time since I did that journey! That shouldn't be a problem for you. It's advisable to book trains well in advance for cost reasons, though.

The Apollo is fairly central, just a short walk from the main rail station. Again, it's years since I went there though. (And don't tell anyone - shh - but I'm still a Mika Virgin so I can't really tell you what the 'done thing' is at his concerts unfortunately, except for what I extract vicariously from all the reports on here:naughty: )

Anyway, stay in touch on the Manchester Apollo 19th November thread....:thumb_yello:

Rachel

x

Thanks so much! That's pretty much what i needed to know about the trip, i feel much better now knowing all this :)

Only one question, where do you get these blinking hearts? :)

thanks again!

PM me with your address, and I'll send you one. You are making such a big effort to see Mika, you deserve one! :wink2:

glowingheart.jpg

This is Mika (obviously) wearing a flashy heart that carrinevie threw on stage at Shepherds Bush!