If MIKA was a close friend of yours... would u still?

Sivan

would you still put poster of him on the wall? and do other things like saving his pix on the computer? :)

i was just thinking about it the other day....

well i dont have a poster of mika on my wall.... i have his art stuff...that i love :)

i know some ppl save pictures of him an stuff...but u guys think that if he was your close friend u would still do it? :)

i wonder why, when a person is not as close to you, you feel its ok to do it, but if the person is close to you u would feel weird to do it ...LOL

u know what i mean?!

i think i even heard mika say that about david bowie that he is not sure he would want to meet him and ruen the IDOL thing...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we'd been close friends prior to his record deal, it would be a bit weird to have posters and things on the walls. I did frame my LICM booklet and stick it on the wall, though - and I think I'd still have done it if he was a friend of mine. Only, it would of course be signed and have some cheesy message about sticking by him through the craziness :)

I think the idol aspect also has to do with the fact that, as fans, we only see the good. If Mika was an old college pal, we'd see the real and maybe not-so-charming bits: maybe he laughed and sprayed chocolate milk out of his nose. Maybe he got drunk and got a citation for peeing on a tree in public. Maybe he comes home and takes off his dirty socks and leaves 'em in a stinky pile in the doorway. And when you have a chocolate-snorting, tree-peeing, sock-abandoning friend, you might love 'em just the same; but you don't particularly idolize them. When he's a face on YouTube and a voice on CD, he can really be "anything we like."

That's my two cents, anywhoo! :punk:

I think if we'd been close friends prior to his record deal, it would be a bit weird to have posters and things on the walls. I did frame my LICM booklet and stick it on the wall, though - and I think I'd still have done it if he was a friend of mine. Only, it would of course be signed and have some cheesy message about sticking by him through the craziness :)

I think the idol aspect also has to do with the fact that, as fans, we only see the good. If Mika was an old college pal, we'd see the real and maybe not-so-charming bits: maybe he laughed and sprayed chocolate milk out of his nose. Maybe he got drunk and got a citation for peeing on a tree in public. Maybe he comes home and takes off his dirty socks and leaves 'em in a stinky pile in the doorway. And when you have a chocolate-snorting, tree-peeing, sock-abandoning friend, you might love 'em just the same; but you don't particularly idolize them. When he's a face on YouTube and a voice on CD, he can really be "anything we like."

That's my two cents, anywhoo! :punk:

LOL! thanks!

yeah if he was a close friend of mine i would still put his art and stuff up....it makes my room so pretty and i do think its an amazing album... i would think the same anyway :)

i personally dont think of him as an IDOL..... he is a sweet person that i love :) and REALLY eppreciate his art :)

i have friends that i LOVE their art...and im close to them... but they r not as good as mika...lol ick hope they dont read this....

LOL! thanks!

yeah if he was a close friend of mine i would still put his art and stuff up....it makes my room so pretty and i do think its an amazing album... i would think the same anyway :)

i personally dont think of him as an IDOL..... he is a sweet person that i love :) and REALLY eppreciate his art :)

i have friends that i LOVE their art...and im close to them... but they r not as good as mika...lol ick hope they dont read this....

Although, if he was a close friend, I'm sure we'd talk him into creating us a custom art piece - maybe a birthday present! A big canvas painting to go up on a wall would be nice, don't you think?

Hehe for once, maybe it's good if your friends aren't raging Mikaholics :)

Although, if he was a close friend, I'm sure we'd talk him into creating us a custom art piece - maybe a birthday present! A big canvas painting to go up on a wall would be nice, don't you think?

Hehe for once, maybe it's good if your friends aren't raging Mikaholics :)

lol but u would need to ask yasmin for that ;) not mika ;)

lol but u would need to ask yasmin for that ;) not mika ;)

I thought it was something of a joint effort, with him doing sketches or concepts or something and her doing the paintings?

Ah, either way, if Mika and I were old chums I'm sure he'd hook me up! :biggrin2:

I wonder if this whole massive success thing is strange for his pre-fame friends, especially those from the Royal College of Music. I wonder if he has friends who are a bit overwhelmed by his success. And it must be tough for them to barely see him now, wih him always touring.

I'm trying to envision someone in my inner circle experiencing Mika's type of fame, and I can't even picture it. Hmmm....

It's like what John Lennon once said to a fan "You gotta stop seeing me as a Beatle"

It's weird, cause by putting his artwork on your wall, you are a fan of his work, you are fan of Mika, the amazing singer.

And if you are a close friend, you are a friend, yet a fan of his work. But you know him as a person, not as the guy who you know all about, yet doesn't have a clue of who he really is. It's Mika, my beloved friend, who likes orange juice so much, and has that crazy laugh. He's no longer unreachable and distant.

Anyway, I don't really know how to express myself in english, and I don't know if these makes sense at all..

Hmm I've always wondered myself.. but I don't think I would be saving so many pics of him cos I guess as a close friend you've seen him so much that if u really wanna see him again u can just call himm up and be like 'hey can i look at u?' :naughty: jokes... he he.. i would still love his music of course.. but i don't know how obsessed i'd be :blink:

It's like what John Lennon once said to a fan "You gotta stop seeing me as a Beatle"

It's weird, cause by putting his artwork on your wall, you are a fan of his work, you are fan of Mika, the amazing singer.

And if you are a close friend, you are a friend, yet a fan of his work. But you know him as a person, not as the guy who you know all about, yet doesn't have a clue of who he really is. It's Mika, my beloved friend, who likes orange juice so much, and has that crazy laugh. He's no longer unreachable and distant.

Anyway, I don't really know how to express myself in english, and I don't know if these makes sense at all..

he really liked orange juice so much? lol

Hmm I've always wondered myself.. but I don't think I would be saving so many pics of him cos I guess as a close friend you've seen him so much that if u really wanna see him again u can just call himm up and be like 'hey can i look at u?' :naughty: jokes... he he.. i would still love his music of course.. but i don't know how obsessed i'd be :blink:

i would probably still go to as many shows as i can to support him :)

I thought it was something of a joint effort, with him doing sketches or concepts or something and her doing the paintings?

Ah, either way, if Mika and I were old chums I'm sure he'd hook me up! :biggrin2:

I wonder if this whole massive success thing is strange for his pre-fame friends, especially those from the Royal College of Music. I wonder if he has friends who are a bit overwhelmed by his success. And it must be tough for them to barely see him now, wih him always touring.

I'm trying to envision someone in my inner circle experiencing Mika's type of fame, and I can't even picture it. Hmmm....

yeah i guess they did it together :)

i would probably still go to as many shows as i can to support him :)

oh yeah def!! looks like a blast.. i'm hoping my sister will becoem famous so i can do the same thing his siblings do hehe :naughty:

oh yeah def!! looks like a blast.. i'm hoping my sister will becoem famous so i can do the same thing his siblings do hehe :naughty:

LOL! yeah i can imagine mikas mom and yasmin are having fun going with him everywhere :)

i thought about this whole subject cause someone i know might get famous....hope for him lol and i told him i want front row tix to his shows in the future....and ofcoure backstage pass ;):punk:

lol You should ask to one of his close friends

lol ok i will... ;)

i was just wondering cause i didnt hear him say that and i LOVE!!!! orange juice....drinking a glass of it right now LOL

lol ok i will... ;)

i was just wondering cause i didnt hear him say that and i LOVE!!!! orange juice....drinking a glass of it right now LOL

Where did he mention orange juice?

LOL! yeah i can imagine mikas mom and yasmin are having fun going with him everywhere :)

i thought about this whole subject cause someone i know might get famous....hope for him lol and i told him i want front row tix to his shows in the future....and ofcoure backstage pass ;):punk:

lol, thats what i would do :bleh: i mean, why not!! it looks like a blast!!!

Well, I don't have any posters or pictures of him up in my room now, haha... nor am I planning to put any up, as I am not 14... so that's not really a concern. I'm rather strict with aesthetics anyway, and I only put up posters if I like the poster art in itself--regardless of who's on it.

As for pictures, where concert and promo photos are concerned, I may in fact save more of them, since I'd be so excited and proud of him. Or maybe not. I don't know, it all depends really. I think the point is, you save photos when you are not sure you will be able to find them again if you want them. So some of my friends, I save their photos, and some of them, I don't. I can always demand them to send me their photos if I should want them, after all.

The thing is, when you don't know someone and they're a celebrity, no matter how realistic you may want to be about it, they're not really a person to you: they're an idol, a pin-up, a puzzle, a fantasy. They're someone who's marketed to you, and thus they're someone you can collect. Once you're friends though--once you really know them--all that falls apart and you can no longer treat them an as object. And so collecting their photos and putting up their posters and otherwise engaging with them as a public-persona-fantasy becomes weird and you don't do it anymore.

--Jack