The Blue Meanies - A place for Beatlemaniacs

TheBlackQueen

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How could I have missed this thread?? Hmm, probably because I didn't read the whole title and thought it was about them Blue Meanies...

I've been a Beatlefan for over half of my life, and especially like John Lennon. Although I haven't been listening to them as much since I got to know Mika's music...

Can I join you? :blush-anim-cl:

How could I have missed this thread?? Hmm, probably because I didn't read the whole title and thought it was about them Blue Meanies...

I've been a Beatlefan for over half of my life, and especially like John Lennon. Although I haven't been listening to them as much since I got to know Mika's music...

Can I join you? :blush-anim-cl:

I'm sure you'll be added to the list!

Of course you can join us!

Okay, in my opinion, Mika and Beatlemaniacs are the coolest people ever! (AND QUEENIACS!)

Hey guys! I haven't posted here in freaking ages! Anyway, I found this in the newspaper this morning, I hope it hasn't been posted already....

It's an interview with Julie Taymor (Director of Across the Universe) It's only just come out here at the Nouveau....

New Beat for Fab Four

"I wanted it to speak 'across the universe' and across cultures... so that anybody could identify with the situations and events. I also want young people to see the passion in this movie - to see with what fervour these characters invested themselves in social movements. Many of the issues facing young people back in the 60's are still relevant to young people today.

Beginning with more than 200 songs by the Beatles, we eventually chose 33 we felt best told the story of a generation.

Characters were created for the songs. For example, the character Prudence - I loved the idea of taking I Want to Hold Your Hand and giving it to an innocent cheerleader in Ohio. We don't change the lyrics, but partway your realise she's not in love with the quaterback - she's in love with the blonde cheerleader. All of a sudden the song works in a different way, because it becomes about repressed love.

It was really scary having the legacy of the Beatles' music on your shoulders, because it's the Holy Grail. We knew we didn't want to compete with the Beatles' versions.

The film had to penetrate all levels of the songs. From the love songs to the political songs, the musci and the film would not just reflect the microcosm of a character, but would also represent a macrocosm of the events that are happening in the world." ~Sunday Tribune

Hey guys! I haven't posted here in freaking ages! Anyway, I found this in the newspaper this morning, I hope it hasn't been posted already....

It's an interview with Julie Taymor (Director of Across the Universe) It's only just come out here at the Nouveau....

New Beat for Fab Four

"I wanted it to speak 'across the universe' and across cultures... so that anybody could identify with the situations and events. I also want young people to see the passion in this movie - to see with what fervour these characters invested themselves in social movements. Many of the issues facing young people back in the 60's are still relevant to young people today.

Beginning with more than 200 songs by the Beatles, we eventually chose 33 we felt best told the story of a generation.

Characters were created for the songs. For example, the character Prudence - I loved the idea of taking I Want to Hold Your Hand and giving it to an innocent cheerleader in Ohio. We don't change the lyrics, but partway your realise she's not in love with the quaterback - she's in love with the blonde cheerleader. All of a sudden the song works in a different way, because it becomes about repressed love.

It was really scary having the legacy of the Beatles' music on your shoulders, because it's the Holy Grail. We knew we didn't want to compete with the Beatles' versions.

The film had to penetrate all levels of the songs. From the love songs to the political songs, the musci and the film would not just reflect the microcosm of a character, but would also represent a macrocosm of the events that are happening in the world." ~Sunday Tribune

I knew Prudence was a lesbian! My bf said I was seeing things. :P

Great article by the way... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, hello, my Blue Meanies! I'm back for the day, sorry I have this thread a bit "forgotten", I'm working far from home and don't have an internet access there, so I can't be updated. To all the new friends: don't worry, you'll be on the list as soon as I can read all your posts (please, don't be upset with me, I'm doing my best, just a little more patience).

Ok, today is Dec 8th, a date to remember, or better to forget. Our beloved "Uncle John" left this world 27 years ago. Just wanted to remember him... God bless him forever... The world will be as one today for you, John.

Hello, hello, my Blue Meanies! I'm back for the day, sorry I have this thread a bit "forgotten", I'm working far from home and don't have an internet access there, so I can't be updated. To all the new friends: don't worry, you'll be on the list as soon as I can read all your posts (please, don't be upset with me, I'm doing my best, just a little more patience).

Ok, today is Dec 8th, a date to remember, or better to forget. Our beloved "Uncle John" left this world 27 years ago. Just wanted to remember him... God bless him forever... The world will be as one today for you, John.

i always remember. miss you, John!

I'm not.

I was looking through my art portfolio and saw it. It's a little crinkled, and I'm like "I thought I threw this out..."

Apparently, I threw it towards the garbage can and said "You can have it, Mr. Trashcan."