Help needed: Mika concert.

Me-Mi-Ka

Well, maybe this is a little stupid but I really need help.

Here is the story:

I get really scared. When I see a trailer from for example The Grudge 2.

After that I sleep really bad and I wake up in the middle of the night. Then I get panic attacks.

I always go to my parents but they get really tired from that. So we made a deal.

If I can stay in my own bed till October the 11th, I can see Mika in Amsterdam.

But I saw a trailer from the Grudge 2 yesterday and this night I was so scared that I ran to my parents. They understood but I cant do it again.

I really want to go but Im so scared so if anyone could help me that would be great. :o

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Face you fear. Just stay in bed, open your eyes and look into the ceiling. You quickly realised, that there's nothing. Just DON'T go into your parents bed. There's nothing

Also, sleep with the lights on, have a glass of water next to your bed to calm you down, and keep a really trashy, silly book ready. If you get worried, read the book to calm you down until you can fall asleep again. (Listening to Mika's CD while lying in bed may help too.)

But also, seriously: stop watching tv for a while.

--Jack

I don't know who but someone here once said that she looks at pictures from mika if she is scared in the dark :wub2: Maybe that helps.

If I get scared I always think "Freddie looks after you so nothing will happen"

Of course that's silly because I was only one year old when Freddie Mercury died and he can't know me :roftl: But it helps me so much :biggrin2:

Well, maybe this is a little stupid but I really need help.

Here is the story:

I get really scared. When I see a trailer from for example The Grudge 2.

After that I sleep really bad and I wake up in the middle of the night. Then I get panic attacks.

I always go to my parents but they get really tired from that. So we made a deal.

If I can stay in my own bed till October the 11th, I can see Mika in Amsterdam.

But I saw a trailer from the Grudge 2 yesterday and this night I was so scared that I ran to my parents. They understood but I cant do it again.

I really want to go but Im so scared so if anyone could help me that would be great. :o

Don't watch tv anymore ;)

Awwwww..bless you!

Well...Print a pic of mika.

Put it under your pillow when ever you feel scared look at it. :]

Or...If you got an mp3 player then put it beside your bed.

When you feel scared, put it on and listen to any mika song :]

xxx

Or maybe - this helped for me, it might get you even more scared but I used to be really REALLY scared of those movies couldn't sleep running and even yet too scared to go to my parent's room because I thought the monster would be somewhere in between - so I solved it by watching loads and loads of stupid horror movies, and watch them in a way so you can just laugh at them. When you watch such a movie (or trailer, but movies are better because trailers may get you even more scared because it's just a little bit and they usually only show the scary parts) try and see through everything, comment on the acting, decorations, try to find mistakes in the movie, and just laugh about the poor attempt of the directors to scare you.

That's what worked for me, and the only problem I have now - is that I can't watch a horror movie without laughing at it. :naughty: I'm really pissing everyone off if they're trying to watch one and I'm constantly laughing my ass off!

Oh, maybe another tip: try to imagine that the grudge or whatever monster is right in front of your door, you won't go through it to go to your parents then I think. :biggrin2:

Lol, I have a dog, maybe that helps too! :D

But..

It's not like I can do anything about it because I have like a panic disorder or something. But.. I think I'll try everything :biggrin2:

If you can't do anything about it I think it is unfair of your parents to make this 'deal' with you? They know you can't help it because of the panic disorder. Maybe you should talk to them or visit a doctor or something to try and help you?