Hello.

chobar

I'm new here, so hello, everybody. :)

Apparently I'm supposed to say where I first heard of MIKA, is that right? Well, I think he entered my consciousness quite gradually at first, when "Grace Kelly" was out. I loved that song, but it wasn't until I read an enthusiastic message on a message board I frequented, saying good things about "Lollipop", and linking to it on YouTube, that I started trying to find out about the man himself, and about the other songs that he'd done. That was in mid-February. Since then, I've been rather a huge fan of MIKA.

I also found this forum in February, and decided back then that I should join it. However, I am an expert at procrastination, so it's taken me about five months just to show up...

I seem to be in quite a small minority here, being a man. I mean, I know there are obvious reasons for women to like him, if they're the sorts of women that like men, but surely there are reasons for men to like him, too? Oh well, I'll just have to hope that I'm not persecuted too much for being a member of a sexual minority... ;)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its great having more male members and you definately wont be discriminated against here we love everyone :biggrin2:

Welcome to the Mika Fan Club - even though its a bit of a late welcome hehe:naughty:

Apparently I'm supposed to say where I first heard of MIKA, is that right? Well, I think he entered my consciousness quite gradually at first, when "Grace Kelly" was out. I loved that song, but it wasn't until I read an enthusiastic message on a message board I frequented, saying good things about "Lollipop", and linking to it on YouTube, that I started trying to find out about the man himself, and about the other songs that he'd done. That was in mid-February. Since then, I've been rather a huge fan of MIKA.

I also found this forum in February, and decided back then that I should join it. However, I am an expert at procrastination, so it's taken me about five months just to show up...

I seem to be in quite a small minority here, being a man. I mean, I know there are obvious reasons for women to like him, if they're the sorts of women that like men, but surely there are reasons for men to like him, too? Oh well, I'll just have to hope that I'm not persecuted too much for being a member of a sexual minority... ;)

:biggrin2: NAH .... chobar ... all is cool here !!! :thumb_yello: Happy MFC madness ... WELCOME !!!:punk::welcomeani::flowers2:

I'm very happy to hear that everyone here is nice and friendly. :)

I don't know to what extent it will take over my life... Every so often I'll join a message board, and start posting there, sometimes very obsessively, but then I'll get distracted by something else, and suddenly I'll go missing from the board for several months.

(Hang on, what's that over there? I'll be back in a minute...)

I mean, I know there are obvious reasons for women to like him, if they're the sorts of women that like men, but surely there are reasons for men to like him, too? Oh well, I'll just have to hope that I'm not persecuted too much for being a member of a sexual minority... ;)

:blink::roftl: :roftl:

Hello chobar! You are most definitely welcome here!! We welcome everyone with open arms. Get stuck into posting and have a great time mate! :punk:

i'll tell you the same thing im telling everyone now:

WELCOME!! WELCOME!! WELCOME!!

HOPE YOU HAVE FUN BUT THERES 3 WARNINGS!!

#1 we're scary at first but you'll soon join in and then we're just crazy!

#2 THE FORUM IS ADDICTIVE !!!!! you will find yourself on here 24/7 if possible!

#3 mika's rocketship is MINE!!!! DO NOT TOUCH!!! (refer to #1)

lol, have fun!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcomes, people. And for the warnings, purplegrape!

Okay, so the bit about the forum being addictive and me being on here 24/7 didn't quite work out... The forum told me when I signed in last night that I hadn't been here since 22nd July. Isn't that shocking?

Perhaps I got scared off... ;) I'll try again...

But as for Mika's "rocket ship"... I won't try to get my hands on it, don't worry. I'm not interested in him in that way... ;)

Thanks for the welcomes, people. And for the warnings, purplegrape!

Okay, so the bit about the forum being addictive and me being on here 24/7 didn't quite work out... The forum told me when I signed in last night that I hadn't been here since 22nd July. Isn't that shocking?

Perhaps I got scared off... ;) I'll try again...

But as for Mika's "rocket ship"... I won't try to get my hands on it, don't worry. I'm not interested in him in that way... ;)

Hey! I remember you from the imdb website. I was wondering when you were going to join...I guess I didn't read any of your previous posts 'cause this is the first time I've seen you here. Are you sure you don't like him in that way? :wink2:

Welcome to the Fan Club! :welcomeani:

I'm glad you've decided to post.:original:

and don't worry, no one here will persecute you.

EDIT: I've already welcome you! LOL