Mika Mail

Quick reminder:

You can send food/sweets/chocolate/biscuits etc, however we do advise that you dont send any food that is likely to go off or that needs chilling.

I know one or two of you have raised some concerns surrounding your parcel's crossing borders and the chance that packages may not arrive or be opened at the borders.

Customs in different countires vary, but so long as the information on the forms you fill in when mailing are correct and detailed there should be no problems, the scanners they use are very high tech and similar to those used in airports so im sure they will not have any need to open them.

Oh, and please refrain from sending any guns, bombs, ammunition or weapons of mass destruction in general, custom officers tend to be a bit funny about that kind of thing.

damn! no guns????:roftl: that was what my whole package was!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it's already Christmas!!! :yay:

I received my parcel 15min ago! Lucy is going to protect it until Christmas :biggrin2:

lucyparcel2nt4.jpg

(she has such a scared look on her face because the cat entered the room in the moment i took the photo.)

• 2 weeks later...
I guess it's already Christmas!!! :yay:

I received my parcel 15min ago! Lucy is going to protect it until Christmas :biggrin2:

lucyparcel2nt4.jpg

(she has such a scared look on her face because the cat entered the room in the moment i took the photo.)

yay petra!!, as you know i know you received my parcel (that looks like if it was from the MM2SS), and i saw that pic too, but didn't know you did post it here aswell... i was going to tell you to do it!!haha

so, well, i'm sitted here still waiting for the moment that my package arrives!:blink:

haha, kisses!!

P.S. Lucy is so gorgeous!, can she be my dog's girlfriend?

Just to let you all know, in a few weeks time i will be reshuffling the pairs - so please get last parcels sent off - thanks :)

So is this still going then?

Oh how I love recieving parcels.

Am I going to make an odd number or something by joining?

:bleh: Too bad, let me in! (please)

(no preferences)

:biggrin2:

So is this still going then?

Oh how I love recieving parcels.

Am I going to make an odd number or something by joining?

:bleh: Too bad, let me in! (please)

(no preferences)

:biggrin2:

Its currently not goign, ive been a little preoccupied.

If anyone wants to take control of this project you are more than welcome, i would hate for it to just disappear and let any more people down.

Pink, you cant just leave us like that :crybaby: :crybaby:

but i'm willing to take over this project as well as the Travelling Elephant Thread, if nobody minds.

Yes, yes. :bleh:

I still don't fully understand what this project is? But I was sad that I missed out all the same :bleh::naughty:

yay petra!!, as you know i know you received my parcel (that looks like if it was from the MM2SS), and i saw that pic too, but didn't know you did post it here aswell... i was going to tell you to do it!!haha

so, well, i'm sitted here still waiting for the moment that my package arrives!:blink:

haha, kisses!!

P.S. Lucy is so gorgeous!, can she be my dog's girlfriend?

:wub2::huglove: of course she can! lucy LOVES other dog friends, hehe :thumb_yello::wub2:

this is so frustrating! i packed such a nice mikaish parcel! why doesnt it arrive? maybe they opened it at the customs and then... and then they kept it for themselves. shock shock us! AAAHH!!!

Yes, yes. :bleh:

I still don't fully understand what this project is? But I was sad that I missed out all the same

as far as i have understood it, this mail project works like this:

other than in that secret santa-mikamail 1, we do know whom we are sending a parcel to. we get another member's name and start PMing and getting to know each other! Pinkunicorn sorted us together (in case that's the right english word) - some of us had special wishes (e.g. if i'm from switzerland, i would probably not like to have someone from switzerland as mika mail-partner). i got ~Ana~, she is l.o.v.e.l.y.! :wub2: and then you can send each other parcels, just like in the secret santa-thread! the main idea here was (as far as i know) to send each other christmas-parcels (or spring parcels... where is my parcel for Ana??? AAAHHH!!!) but the parcel-sending is, of course, not limited to traditional parcel-sending occasions!

Pinkunicorn wanted to give each MM2-member a new partner after a while so that we get the chance to receive parcels from all over the world.

shall i post a new thread?

this thing seems like a really cool ideaaa.. i'd love to join =D

consider yourself in.

i just noticed that i keep on mixing up MM1 and MM2... i'll find out EXACTLY what MM is what and then post a new thread!

as far as i have understood it, this mail project works like this:

other than in that secret santa-mikamail 1, we do know whom we are sending a parcel to. we get another member's name and start PMing and getting to know each other! Pinkunicorn sorted us together (in case that's the right english word) - some of us had special wishes (e.g. if i'm from switzerland, i would probably not like to have someone from switzerland as mika mail-partner). i got ~Ana~, she is l.o.v.e.l.y.! :wub2: and then you can send each other parcels, just like in the secret santa-thread! the main idea here was (as far as i know) to send each other christmas-parcels (or spring parcels... where is my parcel for Ana??? AAAHHH!!!) but the parcel-sending is, of course, not limited to traditional parcel-sending occasions!

Pinkunicorn wanted to give each MM2-member a new partner after a while so that we get the chance to receive parcels from all over the world.

shall i post a new thread?

so sweet:blush-anim-cl:, you're too:wub2:

i think the custom guys have had a great time eating delicious candies, and enjoying mika pictures!!:blink: , hahaha...i still have hopes!

Lucy meet Jimmy:mf_rosetinted: :

all dressed up

navidadyfindeao2006012.jpg

asleep

jimmygatita001.jpg

haha, kisses!!

Ok, so here we are and here we go again!

Mika Mail is still (and will remain) open for new joiners!

mm2signxf5.jpg

As long as Pinkunicorn is not here, I'll try to handle the Mika Mail program

For those that are interested in this project but have absolutely no clue what all the fuss is about - here's a short description (or check the original thread here):

This here is about getting to know other MFCers better and receiving parcels from them as well as sending parcels to them. For example, a member from the USA might not be able to get delicious Swiss chocolate in the US and will be delighted to get an MM-partner from Europe that will send it to her.

There are a lot of things America hasn't but Europe has and vice versa (or Asia or Africa or Australia).

The idea Pinkunicorn and Lilmot came up with is that you collect lots of various snacks, little toys, stationary, magazines or whatever you feel like sending that is unique to where you live or that you really like and send them to a fellow MFCer who you trust enough to give your address to through PM, and they will do the same in return.

The first part of the project already worked well and left behind a bunch of happy MFCers now chewing foreign candy :wub2::naughty:

*draws imaginary line to indicate that part 2 has ended and that part 3 is about to start*

:hoover:

List Of Current Mika Mailers - Shuffled - March 2008 (Round 3):

Orange = unpaired

Blue = paired (see list a little further down)

Green = Member is out of contact and has been PMed

Pink = Member is out of contact and has a full PM inbox or has opted not to be able to receive PMs

Purple = Member has stepped aside for the moment and although still wanting to be a part of the project - is unable to send parcels. OR Is unsure if they wish to continue.

Grey = Waiting for clearance on keeping previous partner

Royal Blue = Finishing off the last parcel to previous partner before being re-paired

Red = Banned from the project / Banned from the MFC

Bright Green = Member is not participating in this round but is available for those who a pair cannot be found for (OSFU - On Standby For Unpaired)

1) Pinkunicorn123 - From England -

2) Tomomi – From Japan -

3) Norwalk174 – From

4) Lunafish – From

5) Sirilaventurier – From France – Looking for someone from Scandinavia

6) Wendi – From Scotland –

7) Cassiopée – From Canada –

8) Wolfs_cry – From Scotland –

9) Cintia_jenny – From Argentina –

10) Miina – From Japan – Looking for someone from Europe –

11) Lcmlcm – Frome Hong Kong –

12) Sarah_Lollipop – Part 1 - From The UK -

13) Vanessa – From

14) Crystal – From BC, Canada – Looking for someone from Europe –

15) Lovepupbandit – From The USA –

16) Lucy – From The USA –

17) Karolin’ – From Ukraine - Looking for Africa/Japan/Middle Europe

18) ThatRadFreak – From England – Looking for someone from Europe

19) ~Ana~ - From Mexico – Looking for Europe but not Spain –

20) Marilyn Mastin – From England –

21) HelloKitty Lucy – From Italy - Looking for someone in Europe –

22) Foalbaby14 – From Florida, USA

23) Shaza! – From Ireland – Looking for someone from France –

24) xBillyBrownx – Part 1 - From Egypt –

25) xBillyBrownx – Part 2 - From Egypt –

26) Sarah_Loves_Mika – From England – Looking for someone from Ireland/US/Canada

27) Ina – From Serbia –

28) Marianalop – From Argentina –

29) Cath85 - From Luxembourg

30) Nadou – From Canada – Looking for an oldling –

31) Blue Sky – Part 1 - From Japan – Looking for an oldling -

32) Blue Sky – Part 2 – From Japan – Looking for an oldling –

33) Iheartmika – From Iowa, USA – Looking for a French MMer but open to others –

34) Lilmot – From the USA –

35) Oakie Doke – From Australia –

36) Savage Beauty - From Norway - Looking for someone from outside Scandinavia -

37) England - From The USA - Looking for someone from Italy/France/England

38) Nico_collard - Part 1 - From Australia - Looking for someone from England or The USA

39) Nico_collard - Part 2 - From Australia - OSFU

40) Petra - Germany

Pairs:

1) Pinkunicorn123 – Norwalk174

2) Tomomi – Lunafish

3) Wendi – Miina

4) Sarah_Lollipop – Vanessa

5) Wolfs_cry – Crystal

6) Karolin’ – xBillyBrownx

7) ThatRadFreak – Hellokitty Lucy

8) xBillyBrownx - ~Ana~

9) Nadou - Blue Sky (Part 1)