Lollipop

lindor_love_today

Ok. I read somewhere about the whole of Lollipop being slyly dirty (I can't remember if it was Mika saying it or on here). How is it dirty, cos once I got past the line 'suckin too hard on your lollipop' I'm not seein the dirty, and that line's not subtle, it's just an obvious innuendo that you'd be naive to miss.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I read somewhere about the whole of Lollipop being slyly dirty (I can't remember if it was Mika saying it or on here). How is it dirty, cos once I got past the line 'suckin too hard on your lollipop' I'm not seein the dirty, and that line's not subtle, it's just an obvious innuendo that you'd be naive to miss.

hmmm, you've got a point there. i never knew it was dirty. but i do remember seeing this inter veiw when mika went to a zoo and someone asked him what was lollipop all about (or something along those lines) and he said that it was dedicated to his sister...i dunno. and ever since ive seen that, i've always wondered.

sorry that i cant help you out with this:wink2:

i was thinking the same thing. i really believe that love today is WAY dirtier!!! especially if your mind works like mine and you change the word love with another 4-letter word:naughty:

anyway, lovetoday is one GIANT song about chicken, so i say love today wins the dirty contest:mf_rosetinted:

any1 agree??

Obviously "sucking too hard on your lollipop" is an innuendo. That's what makes it slightly dirty, I suppose. The whole message is good, though.

Mika said something along the lines of: "I wanted to take a morally good message and make it sound as dirty as possible."

The whole story behind lollipop, is that Mika wrote it as a message to his younger sister telling her not to have sex too soon, because it will only "mess her up."

Awwww! That's quite sweet actually!! He is the only guy who could take a good moral message, and make it sound like it's about something unbelievably dirty that somebody's trying to cover over with innuendo! So basically, it's non-dirty, made dirty, then made un-dirty all over again!!

i was thinking the same thing. i really believe that love today is WAY dirtier!!! especially if your mind works like mine and you change the word love with another 4-letter word:naughty:

anyway, lovetoday is one GIANT song about chicken, so i say love today wins the dirty contest:mf_rosetinted:

any1 agree??

I agree. Mika said something like that in that interview where he explains the meanings of his songs. When talking about 'Love today', he said something about everybody wanting to be in love or to get laid.

I know this song is pretty dirty, but I can't help it: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE IT!

my friends and family too......they even sing it putting mika's name in it :boxed:

the same, but my freinds. cuz i accidently told them i fancy mika, one of my friends keeps singing lollipop like this: sucking too hard on mika's lollipop oh love is really gonna get you down.

i find it utterly disturbing (sorry if it disturbs anny of you) but my best friend sticks up for me and we both ignore it

I agree. Mika said something like that in that interview where he explains the meanings of his songs. When talking about 'Love today', he said something about everybody wanting to be in love or to get laid.

I know this song is pretty dirty, but I can't help it: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE IT!

what interview is that?!:shocked:

what interview is that?!:shocked:

I'm looking for it! I'll post it when I find it. Don't remeber where it was, but it was an article where he was asked for the meaning of every song, and he explained (except 'stuck in the middle', which he said was too personal a song for that).

It's not dirty.

The whole story behind lollipop, is that Mika wrote it as a message to his younger sister telling her not to have sex too soon, because it will only "mess her up." :)

He also added that he wanted to warn her of the fact that it would mean far more to her than to the boys....:biggrin2:

He also added that he wanted to warn her of the fact that it would mean far more to her than to the boys....:biggrin2:

Yes! Isn't he sweet? I'd love to have a brother to take care of me! I have a brother, but he's 5 years younger than me and doesn't give a damn about my well-being, I'm sure, hehe. :naughty:

your the first person to agree with me, for that i love you:wub2:

Awwwww he's such a sweetie pie pumpkin!!! Wish he was my big brother.................................................... actually no I don't. Then half my conversations on here would be SO much more disturbing!!

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

hahaha, it really would. i can just imagine mika as my big brother looking over my shoulder and seeing all these posts

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Awwwww he's such a sweetie pie pumpkin!!! Wish he was my big brother.................................................... actually no I don't. Then half my conversations on here would be SO much more disturbing!!

Can you imagine that? It would be insane! hahahhaha And your house would be full of crazy fans, trying to get a look at him! hehehe. But you'd be like: "no, he's MY BROTHER! Take your dirty hands off him! Woaaa! Back off, you crazy girls!". :naughty: Thanks God, he's not my brother because then I wouldn't be able to date him

Aww... thanks. But I really agree with you *keeps on looking for the interview which proves everything*

I know what you're talking about, but I don't think it's on YouTube anymore. Is it a whole group of videos where he explains each song and then it has a performance of it? I watched those FOREVER ago, and they're gone now.

There's another, though, that you could be talking about. Is it one where he's like, sitting at a table?