Mika in Dutch 'newspaper' de Telegraaf

Me-Mi-Ka

My dad and brother bought a newspaper in Portugal and they were reading it.

And then my brother found an article about Mika!

I was like yay! But my brother said they had critic.

Here it comes;

Tegelijkertijd stond de vrolijke spring-in-het-veld Mika in de Bravo. Wát een muzikaal talent, maar ook: een genre dat snel gaat vervelen. De disco-pop van Mika is van het soort met een knipoog, maar om zichzelf bestaansrecht te geven zal hij moeten laten zien en horen dat hij meer kan. Met zijn muzikaal talent moet dat kunnen; in dat opzicht smaakte Mika naar meer en dat kun je opvatten als een geslaagd optreden.

In english;

At the same time the happy Mika was on stage in the Bravo. What a musical talen, but at the same time: a genre that gets bored real quickly. The disco-pop of Mika is the kind of music that comes with a smile, but to give himself full credit he has to show that he can do more; but with his talent that shouldnt be to hard; in that perspective Mika was okay, and you can call that a succesfull show.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They bought a dutch newspaper in Portugal?

Well I can't find any Mika's news in any Portuguese newspaper... though I'm not always looking for newspapers or magazines... I really don't have enought time... to be sincere...:biggrin2:

Guest Ssnakey

In english;

At the same time the happy Mika was on stage in the Bravo. What a musical talen, but at the same time: a genre that gets bored real quickly. The disco-pop of Mika is the kind of music that comes with a smile, but to give himself full credit he has to show that he can do more; but with his talent that shouldnt be to hard; in that perspective Mika was okay, and you can call that a succesfull show.

What the heck?:thumbdown: This is another kind of pop-rock and I'm sure people will not get bored of it so quickly, as the journalists from this newspaper say...

Why do some magazines and newspapers always have to writhe stuff like this when a talented singer appears, finally?:boxed:

Thanks for the translation.

I kind of agree with the article, or the point of it. This is why I'm so glad Mika is releasing a ballad next here in the UK: we as fans all know he is versatile and talented but the wider public may still think he is a one trick pony and it's quite right that he should blow this theory out of the water now!!

And at least they acknowledge his great talent - many don't, or won't!