What is mika's religion? (I know this is a private matter...just wondering..)

Cezia

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that interview, and was quite surprised that he was catholic, I never would have guessed.

I wonder what he eats on Fridays, since he doesn't like fish, often wondered that.

Well lebanese are half christians half muslim :wink2: ask me i'm lebanese and roman catholic(on papers only :naughty: ) like Mika...we have so many similarities :naughty: and i asked my dad about mika's cousin family..you know the family is Mukattaf (written on the cover of the cd) and he confirmed that he knew a man from the mukattaf family who was catholic and i did some researches about the whereabouts of his family in lebanon but couldn't find any...but we recently knew that he used to live in southen beirut (for further informations visit the leb thread and kindly post there)

Well lebanese are half christians half muslim :wink2: ask me i'm lebanese and roman catholic(on papers only :naughty: ) like Mika...we have so many similarities :naughty: and i asked my dad about mika's cousin family..you know the family is Mukattaf (written on the cover of the cd) and he confirmed that he knew a man from the mukattaf family who was catholic and i did some researches about the whereabouts of his family in lebanon but couldn't find any...but we recently knew that he used to live in southen beirut (for further informations visit the leb thread and kindly post there)

Whoa that's detailed info. haha. I'm lucky because my parents don't mind what religion my hubby would be. We're atheistic, and so we're not too bothered about the religious status of people...It's fun really hehehe :thumb_yello:

I don't get the connection between be kind towards ladies and the religion:cool:

If you don't help old ladies, it means another month in Purgatory.:naughty:

Actually. My mother almost hit a nun with her car once.

Hehehe that was random! I'm glad the nun wasn't hit!

Well, we went to this amusement park one day a couple years ago (because nobody in my family had to work that day) and then we found out it was like... private Catholic school day. Which means that the catholic school kids got half price on tickets or something.

And my mom was looking for a parking space, and my dad screamed "WATCH OUT!" and the car jerked forward and there was a Nun, staring at the car. Then she walked off.

Well, we went to this amusement park one day a couple years ago (because nobody in my family had to work that day) and then we found out it was like... private Catholic school day. Which means that the catholic school kids got half price on tickets or something.

And my mom was looking for a parking space, and my dad screamed "WATCH OUT!" and the car jerked forward and there was a Nun, staring at the car. Then she walked off.

That's pretty funny!!!

:roftl: :roftl:

I am confused with religion. I was raised in a roman catholic church. Religion is a very complicated topic for me. I am in between now. What I think is more important is that as long as you are a good person and somehow you believe in GOD (this is the only name I know) is Ok. And for MIKA, I love him (music wise). hehe

Me too, my mother was christian and has frequented almost every church in town, When I was younger my father was a declared Bahai, Now he has lost faith

I am on my own search for what I feel

mikas a Roman Catholic Ive seen him wearing a rosary in some pictures, I don't really care about a persons Religion as It is my belief we should all get on despite religious differences. we are all one race, the human race, and people shouldnt start wars because someone believes in the wrong profit/manifestation/son of god

• 1 month later...
Mika's catholic?? I didn't know that. I am too, and I go to Mass every week cos I'm a good girl:bleh:

:thumb_yello:

I know a guy who's mother used to make him go to Mass every day. And daily mass is at like 7 in the morning at my church. :shocked:

On the DVD in the documentary he does the (and I'm SO sorry that I don't know what it's called because my husband's Catholic and everything) thing where you tap your head and chest and both shoulders. (FatherSonHolyGhost? I know that's not what it's called, but that's what it stands for, right?)

MIKA crosses himself before the show on the DVD. That is generally understood to be a Catholic thing, but some people do it because they are superstitious.

I only really do that at Mass, though. Or before meals, after praying, etc.

I imagine I'd do it if I was a huge star, though.

I do it sometimes when my sister drives. What a horrible driver.

Im a Jedi for life:

:lightsabre:

( I swear to you, it is my religion. )

Oh yeah, something funny about religions. [:shocked:]

David Beckham said in this interview once

'Im definately going to have my son Christened. Im not sure into which religion yet though....'

Lol. Was he being serious, or did he say it like that on purpose?

I only really do that at Mass, though. Or before meals, after praying, etc.

I imagine I'd do it if I was a huge star, though.

I do it sometimes when my sister drives. What a horrible driver.

I cross myself as well, but usually when I'm around someone who is stupid and I'm pretty much just saying "God help me." :lmfao:

I had a friend in high school, who was the most Catholic person I've ever met in my life, who would do it all the time and she taught it to me because I was, and still am, very very fascinated by Catholicism. I've been to a few Catholic masses (I've been to two Catholic weddings because my Italian cousins are Catholic, a Catholic funeral and a regular mass), and I just want to applaud all of the Catholics because that is a lot of work. :lmfao:

Random, but I bought a book the other day on Catholicism and I'm reading it. The ways in which it interests me are numerous. I really am considering studying it seriously and then possibly converting (not right now, but in a few years when I'm out on my own...there are no Catholic churches where I live).

I cross myself as well, but usually when I'm around someone who is stupid and I'm pretty much just saying "God help me." :lmfao:

I had a friend in high school, who was the most Catholic person I've ever met in my life, who would do it all the time and she taught it to me because I was, and still am, very very fascinated by Catholicism. I've been to a few Catholic masses (I've been to two Catholic weddings because my Italian cousins are Catholic, a Catholic funeral and a regular mass), and I just want to applaud all of the Catholics because that is a lot of work. :lmfao:

Why thank you.:biggrin2:

Try doing it with really bad menstrual cramps. UP DOWN, UP DOWN, UP DOWN.

Random, but I bought a book the other day on Catholicism and I'm reading it. The ways in which it interests me are numerous. I really am considering studying it seriously and then possibly converting (not right now, but in a few years when I'm out on my own...there are no Catholic churches where I live).

Sorry, just saw you added this.

My house is sort of like the Berlin Wall of religion.

All the people to one side of my house HATE Catholics, and they're all Lutheran German. Only one Catholic church that I know of.

Everyone on the other side are completely Catholic, and they're all Polish, Italian, Irish... There's hardly any protestant churches in the entire city.