this kid could be the next mika

greta

http://idolator.com/tunes/this-kid-could-be-the-next-mika/-299071.php

Last week we came across the news that candy-haired ****showmeister Perez Hilton's exclamation point-filled praise helped land Sounds Like This, the new album by Eric Hutchinson, in the iTunes Store's top 10. So how many members of Perezzers' millions-a-day readership actually plunked down money for the album? About 4,400, according to SoundScan--just enough to help Hutchinson enter this week's sales chart at No. 134.

I think there is not comparison, but this guy is not so bad

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week we came across the news that candy-haired ****showmeister Perez Hilton's exclamation point-filled praise helped land Sounds Like This, the new album by Eric Hutchinson, in the iTunes Store's top 10. So how many members of Perezzers' millions-a-day readership actually plunked down money for the album? About 4,400, according to SoundScan--just enough to help Hutchinson enter this week's sales chart at No. 134.

haha, i'm one of those people. i trust perez, eric is really good!

I heard the song he has on myspace page. I really like his sound. I don't think he sound like MIKA but he really good.:wink2: :wink2:

• 1 month later...

Just had to resurrect this thread because I got a bulletin from Eric Hutchinson's myspace about his new tour dates....HE IS PLAYING 2 SHOWS IN NORTH CAROLINA IN DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! I'm am so freaking excited, you have no idea. This thread introduced me to Eric, and I have been loving his music ever since, but I definitely did not think he'd have a gig so close to me, much less 2 gigs! Yaaaaaaaay!!!!! :biggrin2:

Okay, that's all. *takes deep breath*

Just had to resurrect this thread because I got a bulletin from Eric Hutchinson's myspace about his new tour dates....HE IS PLAYING 2 SHOWS IN NORTH CAROLINA IN DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! I'm am so freaking excited, you have no idea. This thread introduced me to Eric, and I have been loving his music ever since, but I definitely did not think he'd have a gig so close to me, much less 2 gigs! Yaaaaaaaay!!!!! :biggrin2:

Okay, that's all. *takes deep breath*

ahaaaaaahhhh!! you're sooo lucky!!!! i hate it when artists go alway down to atlanta, but don't wanna come to miami! hopefully he'll add a date. i would love to see him!

ahaaaaaahhhh!! you're sooo lucky!!!! i hate it when artists go alway down to atlanta, but don't wanna come to miami! hopefully he'll add a date. i would love to see him!

I know, I haven't been this excited since I realized I could actually see Mika live! And maybe he will make it down to Miami...I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Well, that kid doesn't sound like Mika.. I don't know why the thread title is: "this kid could be the next mika", but I think i's a little bit... weird.

Mika is at the beginning of his career and there already is a kind of successor?! Ehr..

I think this thread is at the wrong category too ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to be resurrecting this thread again, but...

I just saw Eric in concert tonight...he was a-freakin-mazing! So good...great voice, and so funny too. He makes jokes the entire time, and he did a parody of some Justin Timberlake songs! Plus, he sang a mix of The Temptations' "My Girl" and R. Kelly's "Remix to Ignition"...so hilarious! :roftl:

After the show, I met him and got to talk to him for a few minutes. He's such a nice guy. I got his autograph, and a picture with him! :biggrin2:

Anyway, just wanted to share that he really is fantastic live, and tonight was amazing. :biggrin2:

There's no such thing as new Mika.

My thought exactly!

I thought the music was really boring... I didn't like it at all. And this Eric guy is NOT cute. :thumbdown:

I'm more of a "one popstar at a time" kind of girl. So I feel intimidated when somebody is compared with my favorite. But I'm not worried. Mika is 1000 times better than this guy!

The only reason they are comparing Eric and Mika here is because of the support that they have both gotten from Perez Hilton. Obviously Eric is nothing like Mika if you listen to his music, and no one is trying to say that he is. "This kid could be the next Mika" is just saying that he could gain a lot of success from the support that Perez has given him.

I feel like everyone seems to get a bit defensive when they make a post here. It's true, no one will ever be like Mika because he is certainly one of a kind, but if you actually read the small news clip, you'll see they aren't comparing any music styles, just the fact that Perez likes them both.

Plus, I think Eric is really talented, and if you had seen him performing through sickness last night (just as our tough little Mika was doing just recently), you would have been able to see his talent like I did. I could tell he was struggling because of being sick and his throat bothering him, but his voice still sounded great.

That is all.