Happy Ending (Radio Edit)

Valelia

I hope everybody reads this before they download the file. I wouldn't want anyone making judgment on the song without knowing my bird is in it!

OK, I decided to help everyone on out and after ours of listening to the radio show I finally found when the song is played. So, I went ahead and recorded it with my microphone (not the best audio quality), and my bird (who loves Mika and dances to him) opted to make an appearance in it. So every time you hear a sort of shriek-y noise that's him! I will try an record it once again later, but this is just for everyone who is eager as I was to listen to the changes made to the song.

P.S. I hope there's no legal trouble posting this, sense the quality isn't the best and my bird is in it. Lol, if there is let me know and will remove.

EDIT I've recorded/uploaded a better version (without the bird).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W96NGQGY

http://download.yousendit.com/180540DD35DB18D2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too XDDD

Dunno why, but it´s not my happy ending...Sounds different...

Sounds more dancy i think.

but i actually quite like it. It's cut in places where I imagined and it's sounds exactly like I thought it would.

Obviously they HAD to cut it, because each artist on radio or TV music channel (i.e Top Of The Tops back in the day) deserve the same amount of time each, that way it is fair. It wouldn't be if, say, Lily Allen wrote a three minute song and Mika wrote a 4minute one. They all get the same time, and I think that's right. Even if you don't there's nothing you can do about it lol.

Even for non-Mika fans or for those who think he's okay, the original Happy Ending is quite long and while we appreciate the final masterpiece, others may think it drags on a bit, especially for radio.

So, I'm happy with edit. It will grow on you all, you'll see.

Sounds more dancy i think.

but i actually quite like it. It's cut in places where I imagined and it's sounds exactly like I thought it would.

Obviously they HAD to cut it, because each artist on radio or TV music channel (i.e Top Of The Tops back in the day) deserve the same amount of time each, that way it is fair. It wouldn't be if, say, Lily Allen wrote a three minute song and Mika wrote a 4minute one. They all get the same time, and I think that's right. Even if you don't there's nothing you can do about it lol.

Even for non-Mika fans or for those who think he's okay, the original Happy Ending is quite long and while we appreciate the final masterpiece, others may think it drags on a bit, especially for radio.

So, I'm happy with edit. It will grow on you all, you'll see.

It´s not for the cutting. Yeah, i understand the songs to be played on radio need to be cut, but there´s something in the new base that i don´t like at all. Hope you´re right, but i don´t feel the same hearing this version.

It´s not for the cutting. Yeah, i understand the songs to be played on radio need to be cut, but there´s something in the new base that i don´t like at all. Hope you´re right, but i don´t feel the same hearing this version.

yeah, im not expecting to us fans to completely fall in love with this version or prefer the original, but it will grow on us, i know it will. i like it already lol, and i also think it will do well.

hopefully :blink::boxed:

I actually quite agree with Caz.

As much as I like (and -as a song- prefer!!) the original, it is a long song and it does have a lot to it which I think would not work very well on radio...Not so much cause of the radio thing, but more because the type of audience that it will be directed to would probably find it long, a bit weird and boring.

I love Happy Ending (the original), but as it was, it could have not been launched as a successfull single; that is my opinion. By changing it, which really is only 'adapting' it, they are moulding it to the type of audience and exposure that it will have, and I think that they are probably going to 'cath' a good number or new fans.

I have only heard it once and I didn't love it or hate it, but I did think that it had a 'beat' which the original doesnt', hence it is more 'disco-ey' and therefore totally different to the original. Perhaps it is a good thing that it's so different, because then we can like them both?

I have only heard it once and I didn't love it or hate it, but I did think that it had a 'beat' which the original doesnt', hence it is more 'disco-ey' and therefore totally different to the original. Perhaps it is a good thing that it's so different, because then we can like them both?

I definitely agree with that. They are different so we can like them both! Just like I love the cd versions and the acoustic versions of so many of his songs...they are different, and that's why I like them :)

As much as I like (and -as a song- prefer!!) the original, it is a long song and it does have a lot to it which I think would not work very well on radio...Not so much cause of the radio thing, but more because the type of audience that it will be directed to would probably find it long, a bit weird and boring.

I love Happy Ending (the original), but as it was, it could have not been launched as a successfull single; that is my opinion. By changing it, which really is only 'adapting' it, they are moulding it to the type of audience and exposure that it will have, and I think that they are probably going to 'cath' a good number or new fans.

YAAAAAAAY I'm glad someone agrees :thumb_yello:

too lazy to retype similar thoughts as mine:bleh:

Hmm. It sounds a bit eh... hasty. As if they are in a hurry to catch a train or so. :blink:

I think the radio edit is OK. Not more than that. Just for the purpose it was done for. Actually I hope the original version will be on the single as one of the bonus tracks.

Hmm. It sounds a bit eh... hasty. As if they are in a hurry to catch a train or so. :blink:

I think the radio edit is OK. Not more than that. Just for the purpose it was done for. Actually I hope the original version will be on the single as one of the bonus tracks.

the original Big Girl replaced the radio edit on the single, but i have a feeling the radio edit will be on the single. not sure about the album version, but thats just me.

Well, I'm listening to it right now and I really like it...

I'm not gonna post this till i heard the whole song though:naughty:

..........yep, I like it:thumb_yello:

the original Big Girl replaced the radio edit on the single, but i have a feeling the radio edit will be on the single. not sure about the album version, but thats just me.

I didn't even know there was a radio edit of BG (sounds plausible though). Probably because the song has not been released as a single in our country (yet). I own the single, but that version is the same as on the album indeed. Now I am getting curious to hear the radio edit of BG!