Happy Ending (Radio Edit)

Valelia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This version is very slowly growing on me - I slagged it off a bit in other threads this week but I dislike it less now, and I always saw the reasons behind the edit - airplay, commercial appeal, etc. Still much prefer the original though.

Did anyone hear Sara Cox raving about it yesterday??? She was basically saying to her listeners "You know you love it, you're surprised because you thought you didn't like Mika...go and buy the album!!" Okay she didn't say those actual words but that was definitely what she was getting at. Good for her!!

I cheered :biggrin2:

Sara Cox has always stuck up for Mika, she always has good things to say about him, that's one of the things I like about her, apart from here wicked sense of humour and her great musical taste.

It was funny, because even at the beginning of the week, before she actually said what the top rated record was, I had this weird feeling that it was going to be Mika I don't know why, I guess because the video being shown next week was on my mind, and knowing she is a fan probably had something to do with it.

And it is growing on me now, although I stilll love the album version more.

I hope everybody reads this before they download the file. I wouldn't want anyone making judgment on the song without knowing my bird is in it!

OK, I decided to help everyone on out and after ours of listening to the radio show I finally found when the song is played. So, I went ahead and recorded it with my microphone (not the best audio quality), and my bird (who loves Mika and dances to him) opted to make an appearance in it. So every time you hear a sort of shriek-y noise that's him! I will try an record it once again later, but this is just for everyone who is eager as I was to listen to the changes made to the song.

P.S. I hope there's no legal trouble posting this, sense the quality isn't the best and my bird is in it. Lol, if there is let me know and will remove.

EDIT I've recorded/uploaded a better version (without the bird).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W96NGQGY

http://download.yousendit.com/180540DD35DB18D2

Thanks so much for posting this.

Its not bad! its sad that some parts are removed...however...the escence is there and I am happy! you can hear piano really quite well...and the beat is good! so I will always prefer the original , however...this version is not bad at all.

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Me likes it! Ofcourse, I also prefer the album version, but this version is great for the people who aren't mika fans, 'cause they wíll be after hearing this :biggrin2: I feel a #1 hit coming :punk: !

I totally agree with that- AND I love your avatar pic!!! Bassets are just so cute.:mf_lustslow: