Mika demos (no, its not one of "those" threads)

Fmbm

I just got back from my sister's house and Mika was mentioned. Her friend Murph is a singer who works at Capitol Records. Well, he was talking about how Mika recorded some demos there once a while ago, I think he said 2002, or 2004, I don't remember. Anyways, he was telling me how he was listening to the demos and he was like "He's insane."......he didn't mean it in a good way haha. I was like "well those were demos, you should listen to the album."

I want him to give me the demos.....haha.

Sorry, it was a Mika story I HAD to share.

Good day to y'all.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from my sister's house and Mika was mentioned. Her friend Murph is a singer who works at Capitol Records. Well, he was talking about how Mika recorded some demos there once a while ago, I think he said 2002, or 2004, I don't remember. Anyways, he was telling me how he was listening to the demos and he was like "He's insane."......he didn't mean it in a good way haha. I was like "well those were demos, you should listen to the album."

I want him to give me the demos.....haha.

Sorry, it was a Mika story I HAD to share.

Good day to y'all.

insane?:blink: ...well, Mika got the last laugh...

ooh...I want them too...how freakin awesome would that be?!:biggrin2:

I am normally avoiding to pump up THOSE DEMOS threads.. :mf_rosetinted:

BUT this time I have to state my opinion absolutely: I do actually think the demos (new songs/old songs, whatever) are even better than some LICM songs.

there are so AMAZING songs out there, which I strongly hope will be in the new album! even if in some cases the demo versions are more original and better than the final version ones (o.c.if the sound would be a little more polished, but I was talking about instrumental part and so on: you get what I mean). :wink2:

Ok then:

List of demos that should be on Mika's next album:

*Overrated (soo gorgeous...makes me cry)

*Intoxicated (same w/ overrated)

*I'm Fallin' (there's something in its simplicity that I love)

*Only Lonely One (makes me feel like marching, though since it was released the single for Love Today, i don't know if it will make it on the album)

those four should definitely be on the next album...I think so at least...

Ok then:

List of demos that should be on Mika's next album:

*Overrated (soo gorgeous...makes me cry)

*Intoxicated (same w/ overrated)

*I'm Fallin' (there's something in its simplicity that I love)

*Only Lonely One (makes me feel like marching, though since it was released the single for Love Today, i don't know if it will make it on the album)

those four should definitely be on the next album...I think so at least...

I love those ones too !!!

But I would replace Only lonely one with Holly Johnny !

I think we are going to forward and thread will be closed, I fear... :boxed:

there are even grander though the above are incredible. my fave song after sitm... love is just a superficial reaction :mf_rosetinted:

I'm afraid you're right... I need to close the thread. Mika's asked us not to spread the word

about those demos, and we try to respect that.

I know it started out as "not one of those threads" but that's

what it's turned into... *sigh*

If anyone has any questions about this, please PM me or one of the other mods. Thanks for

understanding!

dcdeb