Surviving Reality

AmandaNatalie14

I've been thinking a lot lately. Mostly about life and its complexities. I've been having a real rough time trying to survive through all of the emotional twists and turns life throws at me. Consequently I've also been listening to Relax lately because of these emotional rollercoasters lol. Its my favorite Mika song because it reaches me on a level that truely makes me feel that I can get through anything. Maybe some of you can relate?

But its not just emotional anymore. I'm also thinking about my future and where my hopes and dreams stand in my future. Right now I am simply a 16 year old student, who does nothing but try to get the best grades possible. Yes, I want to succeed in this world, but I also want to live life in a way that I am most happy. It is a shame that the only way to get ahead in the world is through the world of academics. It just doesn't seem fair. If everyone in the world could be happy just doing what they love, maybe the world wouldn't be such a scarry place. Right now I'm wishing for freedom. Freedom from everything that is holding me back. There are so many things that I want to experience, and I don't want to have to wait anymore. I think thats why Mika's music touches me. In some way it releases me from the bonds of reality.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking a lot lately. Mostly about life and its complexities. I've been having a real rough time trying to survive through all of the emotional twists and turns life throws at me. Consequently I've also been listening to Relax lately because of these emotional rollercoasters lol. Its my favorite Mika song because it reaches me on a level that truely makes me feel that I can get through anything. Maybe some of you can relate?

But its not just emotional anymore. I'm also thinking about my future and where my hopes and dreams stand in my future. Right now I am simply a 16 year old student, who does nothing but try to get the best grades possible. Yes, I want to succeed in this world, but I also want to live life in a way that I am most happy. It is a shame that the only way to get ahead in the world is through the world of academics. It just doesn't seem fair. If everyone in the world could be happy just doing what they love, maybe the world wouldn't be such a scarry place. Right now I'm wishing for freedom. Freedom from everything that is holding me back. There are so many things that I want to experience, and I don't want to have to wait anymore. I think thats why Mika's music touches me. In some way it releases me from the bonds of reality.

Well said :)... i sent you those vids, you better watch em:naughty:

You sound analytical and that you read betweeen the lines. That's good - because most things in life are not superficial and "skin deep" - there's much, much more under the surface than just the tip of the iceberg.

And that same analogy can be used for education. "Book smart" is great - and I don't underestimate the value of a solid education - but there is a lot to be gained by "life experience" - it is every bit as valuable as that sheepskin document hanging over your desk. Now, that's a healthy balance to view the world, and not with rose-tinted glasses....

Good luck with all your endeavors!:biggrin2:

xoxo

cj

You sound analytical and that you read betweeen the lines. That's good - because most things in life are not superficial and "skin deep" - there's much, much more under the surface than just the tip of the iceberg.

And that same analogy can be used for education. "Book smart" is great - and I don't underestimate the value of a solid education - but there is a lot to be gained by "life experience" - it is every bit as valuable as that sheepskin document hanging over your desk. Now, that's a healthy balance to view the world, and not with rose-tinted glasses....

Good luck with all your endeavors!:biggrin2:

xoxo

cj

hey girl,,,I'm back from seeing my friend

I gave her an education in MIKA music tonight.

I told her why I found Any Other world was so emotional for me

and yes I believe world experience is very valuable too.

Hey Suzanne

How are you doing? My cat (Willow) and I are currently fighting for space at the keyboard, she keeps trying to chew the keys and keeps walking over the keyboard. Apparently 1am is her awake time!!!

What I was trying to say is that "Any other world" means alot to be too. It's a song that I can relate to on a personal level.

Later's

T xxxx

P.S thanks 4 da dedication it's a very beautiful song!! :biggrin2:

Yeah, Relax can do that to you...

But your 16 and i bet you've got a year left of school right? I know the importance of academics seems mundane and overrated but it really isn't. Knowledge is power, and if you really want to gain freedom you need to have the tools. Actually, that doesn't always mean learning in the conventional way is the best and only way for you, but you've got to have a plan in any case, and stick to that plan. Its good that you are thinking a lot about what you want to do with your life, but honestly, a degree and a high GPA can only further you in whatever that is, as opposed to bringing you down. Its always nice to have a backup plan or something to fall back on, and thats what you are building through your schooling now.

Good luck! :thumb_yello:

Yeah I think you're right. I'll work first and play later lol.

hey girl,,,I'm back from seeing my friend

I gave her an education in MIKA music tonight.

I told her why I found Any Other world was so emotional for me

and yes I believe world experience is very valuable too.

Hey Suzanne

How are you doing? My cat (Willow) and I are currently fighting for space at the keyboard, she keeps trying to chew the keys and keeps walking over the keyboard. Apparently 1am is her awake time!!!

What I was trying to say is that "Any other world" means alot to be too. It's a song that I can relate to on a personal level.

Later's

T xxxx

P.S thanks 4 da dedication it's a very beautiful song!! :biggrin2:

This is soooo amazing! "Any Other World" is my absolute favourite Mika song ever!!! Totally relate to it on many levels! And Stormy, my cat Cali does the same thing, hogs the keyboard, the little diva! She's the love of my life!

Hugs to you guys!

xoxo

cj

:huglove:

I feel your pian, I'm a 16 year old student whose currently taking all AP and Honors classes...but I never see what the point is...there will always be someone smarter than me...and many of the smartest people lack basic social skills and...well,

...some damn common sense...

Listen, I look at it this way

THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WERE NEVER REALLY THE SMARTEST

They just had the most drive

I just want to be an influencial person, but i'm notsure how I'm gunna do that...I just don't want to die a "nobody" know what I mean?

That's really sweet. I sometimes feel the same and I'm age 33.

This is soooo amazing! "Any Other World" is my absolute favourite Mika song ever!!! Totally relate to it on many levels! And Stormy, my cat Cali does the same thing, hogs the keyboard, the little diva! She's the love of my life!

Hugs to you guys!

xoxo

cj

:huglove:

I never knew there were so many of us that connect with that song in so many ways.

Willow is also our little Diva, she pretty much rulzzz our world. Nothings to good for her! Luckily we are huge animal lovers so she gets away with a lot!! Little bugger :naughty:

I feel your pian, I'm a 16 year old student whose currently taking all AP and Honors classes...but I never see what the point is...there will always be someone smarter than me...and many of the smartest people lack basic social skills and...well,

...some damn common sense...

Listen, I look at it this way

THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WERE NEVER REALLY THE SMARTEST

They just had the most drive

I just want to be an influencial person, but i'm notsure how I'm gunna do that...I just don't want to die a "nobody" know what I mean?

Omg I know! Thats how I feel too! I really just want to reach my full potential. I just wish I knew how it was going to turn out in the end. I'm afraid to take a risk.

I know this feeling...

find out what you like to do and what you're good at!

Don't try to be the best of all, but (try to) be the best for yourself!

I by myself learned for years hard things, ancient languages, etc...and i was always bored. Now i can go to university, but nothing there is interesting for me...so I decided to do another kind of eduction, a lower one. But one I'm good at and that makes me happy.

Sometimes is one step back, one step closer:thumb_yello: