Mika Vs The Common Cold

CazGirl

So. I have some nasty cold.

It came along and infected me last night. Mucus at the back of my nose, my bones aching...every material that rubbed against my skin however soft or rough made me skin scream with agony. I have a headache, and it really feels like gravity is pushing me down. In fact today, I am still in my PJ's at quater to seven in the evening.

Pretty poor, huh?

I was sitting on my sofa...pillow behind me with the baby blanket wrapped round me *there's something comforting about the baby blanket you used several years ago...*

I felt so low. Vic was rubbed all over me with little effect, and it was so hard to swallow I could hardly drink any water. I needed something to cheer me up.

So, I thought "I know, I'll put on Mika's Koko Gig and Somerset House Gig" coz I recorded them both, but then I thought "Damn, can't remember where it is..." and I was in no shape to go searching.

I ended up watching a film, but when it ended I was flicking through the music channels and Happy Ending was on one of them.

This is gonna sound really stupid, but it made me really happy. Seriously, the man can make me smile any day. Even for just a short moment, a burst of joy runs through my veins and I feel lifted.

And then a few hours later I go on MySpace (the new homepage is weird) and I see that Mika is releasing a DVD. I knew that anyway, but then I saw his replied post about how it's nice making people happy.

Well...he really makes me happy. Even if just for a short moment...it's more than enough. He's a truly beautiful and wonderful man =]

ha. I think this cold is really affecting my brain and hormones :roftl:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame it on the meds. That's what I always do when I feel like acting over-emotional while I'm sick. :naughty:

Anyway, I agree. Mika certainly makes me very happy whenever I'm having a bad day, or I'm in a bad mood in general. I always get in my car and crank up LiCM so loud that the car walls vibrate. :cheerful_h4h:

Anyway, I agree. Mika certainly makes me very happy whenever I'm having a bad day, or I'm in a bad mood in general. I always get in my car and crank up LiCM so loud that the car walls vibrate. :cheerful_h4h:

haha, high 5 sista! *high 5*

thanks guys...i feel so rough lol xD

as for the smell of Vic...my cold is so bad I can't even smell it :tears:

Oh, and I forgot to wish you well! Feel better soon.

Tips to keep your nose from getting all nasty: Even though it's difficult, ALWAYS breathe through your nose. It keeps it from running and getting as plugged. :thumb_yello:

Girls,when you cough and cough and cough, just think of those fabby Mika-abs that you are working on....and it will all be worthwile :roftl:

Anyway I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well- it's pretty crap to be sick. On the bright side, you can indulge in tons of Mika-medicine and feel no guilt at all!!

Take care both :wub2:

Tips to keep your nose from getting all nasty: Even though it's difficult, ALWAYS breathe through your nose. It keeps it from running and getting as plugged. :thumb_yello:

Same tip works for when you have something lodged in your throat!! Always breathe through your nose.:thumb_yello:

believe me i do try :tears:

i even had curry for dinner JUST to get my nose running ROFL.

Girls,when you cough and cough and cough, just think of those fabby Mika-abs that you are working on....and it will all be worthwile :roftl:

Anyway I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well- it's pretty crap to be sick. On the bright side, you can indulge in tons of Mika-medicine and feel no guilt at all!!

Take care both :wub2:

ha, or maybe i should just drink Ribena XD

believe me i do try :tears:

i even had curry for dinner JUST to get my nose running ROFL.

Wasabi is also good for colds - I had some sushi with wasabi on it when I had a cold one time, and my blocked nose magically became unblocked due to the awesome wasabi power! *LOL*

(Hope you get better soon!)

Wasabi is also good for colds - I had some sushi with wasabi on it when I had a cold one time, and my blocked nose magically became unblocked due to the awesome wasabi power! *LOL*

haha - i can tell you're a big fan XD

im having tea right now as it goes. but just normal tea :) ive never tried sushi OR wasabi before :boxed:

arent you going to the hammersmith apollo gig? I am, and I'm bringing Pocky. Wanna help me stock up? XD

:naughty: That's because it's like really hot horseradish, I'm not surprised your nose was unblocked, just surprised you still have the top of your head intact, lol. Did your eyes water as well? :naughty:

Ooooh, Pocky! What type? My favourite's the Almond Crush one, mmmmmm...

I'll probably raid the Japan Centre at some point for some random bits and bobs to munch on while I'm queueing at the Hammersmith Apollo, LOL...

well, the only "local" shop I know that sells Pocky, only sells Chocolate, Stawberry and the "men's" one *dark choc, I think*

They used to sell the mousse one, but they dont anymore :(

so bring any flavour you like!

:naughty: That's because it's like really hot horseradish, I'm not surprised your nose was unblocked, just surprised you still have the top of your head intact, lol. Did your eyes water as well? :naughty:

LMFAO!

Like hot horseradish? dont think I'll be trying wasabi anytime soon then :roftl:

So. I have some nasty cold.

It came along and infected me last night. Mucus at the back of my nose, my bones aching...every material that rubbed against my skin however soft or rough made me skin scream with agony. I have a headache, and it really feels like gravity is pushing me down. In fact today, I am still in my PJ's at quater to seven in the evening.

Pretty poor, huh?

I was sitting on my sofa...pillow behind me with the baby blanket wrapped round me *there's something comforting about the baby blanket you used several years ago...*

I felt so low. Vic was rubbed all over me with little effect, and it was so hard to swallow I could hardly drink any water. I needed something to cheer me up.

So, I thought "I know, I'll put on Mika's Koko Gig and Somerset House Gig" coz I recorded them both, but then I thought "Damn, can't remember where it is..." and I was in no shape to go searching.

I ended up watching a film, but when it ended I was flicking through the music channels and Happy Ending was on one of them.

This is gonna sound really stupid, but it made me really happy. Seriously, the man can make me smile any day. Even for just a short moment, a burst of joy runs through my veins and I feel lifted.

And then a few hours later I go on MySpace (the new homepage is weird) and I see that Mika is releasing a DVD. I knew that anyway, but then I saw his replied post about how it's nice making people happy.

Well...he really makes me happy. Even if just for a short moment...it's more than enough. He's a truly beautiful and wonderful man =]

ya think cazzie???:roftl:

well, the only "local" shop I know that sells Pocky, only sells Chocolate, Stawberry and the "men's" one *dark choc, I think*

They used to sell the mousse one, but they dont anymore :(

so bring any flavour you like!

Oooh, okay, I'll choose some interesting random flavour(s) then!

Hahaha, well, it was only a little bit, because I had it with sushi, but I think one sushi piece had a bit too much on and made my eyes water LOL! It was so nice being able to breathe properly once again, though! XD

Oooh, okay, I'll choose some interesting random flavour(s) then!

Hahaha, well, it was only a little bit, because I had it with sushi, but I think one sushi piece had a bit too much on and made my eyes water LOL! It was so nice being able to breathe properly once again, though! XD

woot!

as for the Japanese food *not sweets* have you ever tried Umeboshi? Apparently not many people like it, including the Japanese...

woot!

as for the Japanese food *not sweets* have you ever tried Umeboshi? Apparently not many people like it, including the Japanese...

I like it, I think it's nice.

I don't like natto, though. Urrrggghhh. The taste is rather foul, and it's slimy, so it's kind of like putting lumpy phlegm in your mouth >.< Yuckyuckyuck...