contacts

livingeyesclosed

Same here. I think glasses look great on others, but I don't think I would look so good in them anymore! I actually had contacts for a while last year (I only had to wear one for my bad eye), just because my vision in my bad eye is still weaker than in my good eye. But I never could get used to having something in my eye, and since it wasn't necessary to wear it, I just stopped. I'm sure that as I grow older my eye will probably get worse, then I'll eventually have to get contacts or glasses again.

I was just thinking about the following:

Mika does interviews that can be seen by millions of people around the globe with yellow funky glasses, which I first thought were sunglasses and now I come to realise were prescription.

I don't even dare going for a walk with my REGULAR glasses (not yellow,nor crazy or outrageous,just REGULAR). What the &%// does that say about me?

I believe I'm starting to get depressed about my own bloody insecurity LOL.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not only in the amblyopia is an indication the little eye patch. When a child has a problem with the normal development of one of the eyes, they patch the normal one to estimulate the development of the other one.

And it could be a brain problem (optycal nerve problem, or maybe a macula problem) or some eye patology, like the herpes, etc, who lefts

Sequels. Well, I really don´t know. The point is that he can see!!and it´s all we have to care about!! (he is healthy!!)

SURE HE CAN! HE WOULDN'T BE JUMPING ON STAGES IF HE COULDN'T!!!

I'D STILL LOVE HIM THOUGH LOL, EVEN IF HE WAS DEAF, BLIND OR WHATEVERRR!!!!!!!

not only in the amblyopia is an indication the little eye patch. When a child has a problem with the normal development of one of the eyes, they patch the normal one to estimulate the development of the other one.

And it could be a brain problem (optycal nerve problem, or maybe a macula problem) or some eye patology, like the herpes, etc, who lefts

Sequels. Well, I really don´t know. The point is that he can see!!and it´s all we have to care about!! (he is healthy!!)

You definitely seem to know more than me! I think on the last page you said you are studying medicine! But yes, it's true that an eye patch could be worn for other eye problems. And it is wonderful that Mika can see! :biggrin2:

You definitely seem to know more than me! I think on the last page you said you are studying medicine! But yes, it's true that an eye patch could be worn for other eye problems. And it is wonderful that Mika can see! :biggrin2:

OF COURSE IT IS. WELL,EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM IS WONDERFUL. LOL

SOOOOOOOO TRUE.

BUT TRUTH TO BE TOLD, I PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE GONE THIS CRAZY ABOUT HIM IF AFTER HEARING HIS AMAZING VOICE I HAD REALISED HE LOOKED LIKE DREW CAREY LOL. OMG AM I MEAN OR WHAT???

Well he was way too dorky for me, but I grew to love him anyway. I would have been much more put off if he was a jerk or dumb than anything to do with his looks.

I have had a lifelong weakness for big hazel eyes and long thick eyelashes though. I won't lie. :blush-anim-cl:

Well he was way too dorky for me, but I grew to love him anyway. I would have been much more put off if he was a jerk or dumb than anything to do with his looks.

I have had a lifelong weakness for big hazel eyes and long thick eyelashes though. I won't lie. :blush-anim-cl:

AND I HAVE A THING FOR DORKY GUYS :roftl: . SO I ALWAYS SAY, " I DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT LOOKS" WHAT I REALLY MEAN IS " WHAT MOST PEOPLE FIND BEAUTIFUL I DON'T, AND I FIND BEAUTY IN THE MOST UNEXPECTED PLACES" LOL. THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T LIKE BEAUTY. JUST THAT I'VE GOT MY PERSONAL VIEW ON WHAT'S BEAUTIFUL AND WHAT'S NOT.

I have big hazel eyes and long thick eyelashes. :wink2:

Oh, were you talking about Mika?

:roftl:

I don't know where you draw the line at hazel/brown. I just use hazel to describe a lighter brown than most people with dark hair have, almost like a cheetah. I've never been that close to Mika so I don't know how dark/light they really are but they show up fairly light in photographs.

I don't know where you draw the line at hazel/brown. I just use hazel to describe a lighter brown than most people with dark hair have, almost like a cheetah. I've never been that close to Mika so I don't know how dark/light they really are but they show up fairly light in photographs.

I've always considered hazel to be a bit of a mix...brown with a little green.

YEAH, YOU'RE RIGHT. IVE NEVER BEEN THAT CLOSE EITHER.

Yes, Mika's yellow tinted spectacles are prescription.

Dyslexia is a brain-based type of learning disability that specifically impairs a person's ability to read. Quite often this results in the person reading at a lower level than others of the same age, despite having normal intelligence. There's not really one specific way to correct the underlying brain malfunction that causes dyslexia, but vision therapy/remedial education is often used to help.

Amblyopia (lazy eye) occurs when the brain, for some reason, does not fully acknowledge the images seen by the amblyopic eye. This mostly affects only one eye but may lead to reduction of vision in both eyes. Spectacles, vision therapy and patching are used to help correct this problem.

For those asking about laser surgery:

LASIK combines two techniques of surgery to correct refractive error. A thin flap on the cornea is lifted back and preserved. Then the surgeon sculpts the underlying cornea into a new shape. This corrects the refractive error. The flap is then repositioned and adheres on its own without sutures after only a few minutes. It’s really quite amazing what they can do these days.

There are risks, as with any surgery, but these are limited as the surgeons are very experienced. Risks can include undercorrection, overcorrection, regression (going back to the same refraction prior to surgery), issues with the flap healing (very rare) and general post operative discomfort (inluding dry eye and sensitivity to glare).

The benefits include the fact that after surgery, people notice an improvement in their eyesight (almost immediately), and in most cases don't require their spectacles any more.

• 3 weeks later...