contacts

livingeyesclosed

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

am i the only one who hasnt heard about this? i never knew.........

Ohh' date=' that´s fresh news to me...I knew that he has the Lazy Eye (I don´t know how you call it, here in Argentina is called Ambliopia), but I didn´t know about the contacts!!![/color']

Ohh, that´s fresh news to me...I knew that he has the Lazy Eye (I don´t know how you call it, here in Argentina is called Ambliopia), but I didn´t know about the contacts!!!

Carol, me podrias explicar (en humano por favor y no en idioma "ente medico" jaajjaajja) que es eso?

Ohh, that´s fresh news to me...I knew that he has the Lazy Eye (I don´t know how you call it, here in Argentina is called Ambliopia), but I didn´t know about the contacts!!!

Yes, a lazy eye is also called "Amblyopia". I have it in one of my eyes as well!

Mika should have the Lasik surgery. The doctor who did mine also did Annie Lennox -- that might be a good omen for Mika!

i would be too scared that something would go wrong! what if he was blind :shocked: he wouldn't be able to jump around the stage without falling into the crowd (not that i would mind :wub2: falling on me not being blind!)

anyways anything touching my eyes freaks me out! bigtime! lol :naughty:

Mika should have the Lasik surgery. The doctor who did mine also did Annie Lennox -- that might be a good omen for Mika!

Maybe he just doesn't mind...I wear contacts and it does not bother me.

Of course I'd go running to get it if it was from the same doctor that did Mika's!(just to ask him reallystupid questions about him LOL)

i would be too scared that something would go wrong! what if he was blind :shocked: he wouldn't be able to jump around the stage without falling into the crowd (not that i would mind :wub2: falling on me not being blind!)

anyways anything touching my eyes freaks me out! bigtime! lol :naughty:

I really don't think there is a real chance of going blind with lasik, am I wrong?

i have no clue :naughty: i know nothing of the subject

i just make crap up in my head :bleh: it's a problem and i'm working on it

LOL. I don't know anything about it either!

But PLEASE, for your own sake, don't think about the worst that could happen.

People who always do that are just bound to suffer!

I really don't think there is a real chance of going blind with lasik, am I wrong?

There's always a possibility, I suppose, but I think it's a very remote one. You have to make sure you go to a good doctor. The procedure itself is very quick. When I had it done, each eye took about 1 minute. The prep is much more time-consuming -- but it's still just about 20 minutes. I was just sick of glasses and contacts.

I've seen some pix of Mika in glasses that I think are prescription -- and he looks adorable in them in kind of a nerdy way, that on him is very refreshing! He seems so sweet and clever, it doesn't really matter what he looks like.

could you then please explain to me what that is?

It´s a decrease in the visual acuity due to an organic lesion of the eye

It has multiple causes, like eye patologies, etc

That´s it!

I hope this is the information you wanted!

(Sorry for my english...!!! jajaj, I´m helping myself with an internet dictionary...and I don`t know if it`s good!!)

could you then please explain to me what that is?

It's a bit hard to explain...I'm not even totally sure myself! But it usually only effects one eye, not both. It's when the visual image is poorly transported to the brain, so it's a problem with the brain, not the eye itself. There can be problems with depth perception if you have it. When I was little, I used to have to wear a little eye patch over my good eye, so that my bad eye could get stronger. I wore glasses when I was younger too, but I haven't had to wear them in about 10 years! I wonder if this really is what Mika has...maybe someone should ask him if he has amblyopia or if he had to wear a little eye patch when he was younger!

There's a lot more information...here's a link if you want to read about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amblyopia

There's always a possibility, I suppose, but I think it's a very remote one. You have to make sure you go to a good doctor. The procedure itself is very quick. When I had it done, each eye took about 1 minute. The prep is much more time-consuming -- but it's still just about 20 minutes. I was just sick of glasses and contacts.

I've seen some pix of Mika in glasses that I think are prescription -- and he looks adorable in them in kind of a nerdy way, that on him is very refreshing! He seems so sweet and clever, it doesn't really matter what he looks like.

I don't know if they are prescription, they are yellow and funky :roftl:

He looks cute in them anyway!

BTW. How much did you depend on your glasses? I mean, was it really bad or was it just that you were not quite comfortable?

I don't know if they are prescription, they are yellow and funky :roftl:

He looks cute in them anyway!

BTW. How much did you depend on your glasses? I mean, was it really bad or was it just that you were not quite comfortable?

Was that question for me? Well, I wore them from about 5 years old until about 10 years old, but I basically had to wear them all the time. It's been a long time now, and I was so young that I can't really remember exactly how dependent I was on them. I know that I could see without them, but I also know that my mom made me always wear them!

It´s a decrease in the visual acuity due to an organic lesion of the eye

It has multiple causes, like eye patologies, etc

That´s it!

I hope this is the information you wanted!

(Sorry for my english...!!! jajaj, I´m helping myself with an internet dictionary...and I don`t know if it`s good!!)

It's a bit hard to explain...I'm not even totally sure myself! But it usually only effects one eye, not both. It's when the visual image is poorly transported to the brain, so it's a problem with the brain, not the eye itself. There can be problems with depth perception if you have it. When I was little, I used to have to wear a little eye patch over my good eye, so that my bad eye could get stronger. I wore glasses when I was younger too, but I haven't had to wear them in about 10 years! I wonder if this really is what Mika has...maybe someone should ask him if he has amblyopia or if he had to wear a little eye patch when he was younger!

There's a lot more information...here's a link if you want to read about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amblyopia

thanks!!! Mika knowledge increased LOL.

I just asked out of curiosity though, but it's always great to learn this kind of things!

Yess!! this patology is treated with glasses!! and one option would be surgery...but it depends on what is the cause of the Lazy Eye

If a Know anything else I let you know (I´m on the 5th year of medicine!!!)

Was that question for me? Well, I wore them from about 5 years old until about 10 years old, but I basically had to wear them all the time.

yep, sorry not good at quoting yet.

That really sucks doesn't it? I don't even dare going out with my glasses. Love to see them on others just not on myself.

I find contacts really comfortable though so they are not really a problem for me.

yep, sorry not good at quoting yet.

That really sucks doesn't it? I don't even dare going out with my glasses. Love to see them on others just not on myself.

I find contacts really comfortable though so they are not really a problem for me.

Same here. I think glasses look great on others, but I don't think I would look so good in them anymore! I actually had contacts for a while last year (I only had to wear one for my bad eye), just because my vision in my bad eye is still weaker than in my good eye. But I never could get used to having something in my eye, and since it wasn't necessary to wear it, I just stopped. I'm sure that as I grow older my eye will probably get worse, then I'll eventually have to get contacts or glasses again.

not only in the amblyopia is an indication the little eye patch. When a child has a problem with the normal development of one of the eyes, they patch the normal one to estimulate the development of the other one.

And it could be a brain problem (optycal nerve problem, or maybe a macula problem) or some eye patology, like the herpes, etc, who lefts

Sequels. Well, I really don´t know. The point is that he can see!!and it´s all we have to care about!! (he is healthy!!)