Beirut

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just introduced to them recently...I bought The Flying Club Cup...I love it. :biggrin2:

I like the band Limpopo better.

ZOMG, HOLLIS LET'S START A BAND!

• 1 year later...

I like Beirut ...... :D

They remind me of old songs (espicially arabic ones; Fayirouz and Om Kolthom, Fareed Al Atrash ; they had such music too + of course French artisits its their origin; but unfortunately i don't know much of the french artists)- But thats not all ; their music really gets me moving around and imagning playing with each instrument they use.

I imagine all the instruments as they tune and ryhme into one piece of a song . :thumb_yello:

Best songs I have heard to them till now - was nantes (thanks to Mika - whom introduced it on his website and actually got to know them from Mika's blog post :naughty:), Postcrads form Italy, My family's role in world revolution and mmm what else, the Bratislava , Gulag orkestar (these are just musical - with no words), I heard most of them on youtube.

Are there any suggestions for this beautifull band ??

• 2 weeks later...
Does Anyone Here Love Beirut (band) As Much As I Do?

*bump* :naughty:

I've liked Beirut for a while, but finally, I bought the album a few months back. I am really into it right now--I absolutely love the kind of rustic sound of it--the accordion especially. The lyrics are also really deep--and i love how though the sound isn't sad, the lyrics usually tell a depressing story.

I also really like how all of their music videos are performed live. There's a lot of emphasis on the musicians, and not the technology, which i respect.

Right now, my favorite song is probably Cliquot. Others i like from the album are Guyamas Sonora, A Sunday Smile, Nantes, Forks and Knives, and the beautiful piano in La Banlieue.