Mika's Troops!!

Marilyn Mastin

Mika is keeping his sexuality to himself at the moment (that might change when he meets someone) and because HE isn't pushing, whatever he is, into peoples' faces he gets slated for it.

I used to think he would come out with it later when he was more established and he started seeing someone, but now I'm not so sure. He seems determined to never discuss his personal life directly with the media.

As far as I'm concerned he's not in the closet even now, but I don't think he would ever answer direct questions about his relationships even if he was seeing a woman.

He's done a good job keeping the media out of his business by stonewalling them and he'd be wise to continue, regardless of his sexuality.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I find nothing wrong with it, but a lot of people do. That's why a lot of people hate him, because he seems gay. It never even occurred to me until my friend said he was...

My own personal opinion is that he is gay. My son Steve says, "if he wasn't, he'd just say, I'm not gay, but because he doesn't give an answer, he obviously is." I think that's what a lot of people, including myself, think.

There are moments, like when people are slagging him off for not saying anything, that I feel frustrated and think, Mika, just tell them and make them shut up. But no one can make someone do something they don't want to do, and if he doesn't want to say anything, that's his choice.

But I do think he's making his own life more difficult in the long run. Another thing is, when he is so secretive about his sexuality, some people who don't know him like we do, will wonder what exactly he's hiding, so that's probably why people are calling him a pedophile etc, now.

So whether he is gay, or bi, or straight, I wish he'd just say something for his own sake.

Love today, from Marilyn

I think there needs to be a guy who is straight and doesn't say, just to mess around with society's thinking, and I kind of hope Mika's him. I personally don't think he is, but I am particularly bad with things like emotions, so...

But let's not turn this into a gay vs straight deal, lets just stop the slander, libel, and seditious speech!

And so, what if he is! That's not a crime. It beats me how some people on TV, like Anthony Cotton, for example, can be openly gay and no one gives a monkeys. Mika is keeping his sexuality to himself at the moment (that might change when he meets someone) and because HE isn't pushing, whatever he is, into peoples' faces he gets slated for it.

For the record. Billy Brown is a great song, which to me, could just as well apply to a man who went off with another woman. It's not really about the fact that Billy is gay, it's more, that he just happens to be gay, or probably bi, and he fell for a man. The song could just as easily apply to a man who fell for another woman. To me, the biggest message in the song is... Don't think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. You could loose what you already have.

Love today, from Marilyn

I don`t say,what Mika gay too.

I love Billy Brown and i very very love Mika,it's all the same to me gay Mika or not gay!I were continue love Mika,even if he`ll prove to be gay!I adore Mika`s music and i`ll adore him!

My own personal opinion is that he is gay. My son Steve says, "if he wasn't, he'd just say, I'm not gay, but because he doesn't give an answer, he obviously is." I think that's what a lot of people, including myself, think.

There are moments, like when people are slagging him off for not saying anything, that I feel frustrated and think, Mika, just tell them and make them shut up. But no one can make someone do something they don't want to do, and if he doesn't want to say anything, that's his choice.

But I do think he's making his own life more difficult in the long run. Another thing is, when he is so secretive about his sexuality, some people who don't know him like we do, will wonder what exactly he's hiding, so that's probably why people are calling him a pedophile etc, now.

So whether he is gay, or bi, or straight, I wish he'd just say something for his own sake.

Love today, from Marilyn

But my mam said,what he is gay:biggrin2: and i didn`t listen her

Mika is Mika. There was another thread, I can't remember which, but i remember posting something like. Mika is Mika. He's unique and there isn't another person like him.

Of course I admire that he sticks to his guns, and certainly, all that matters is trhat he is protected from the abuse of small-minded people. Because it's not his fault people are trying to fill in the blanks. In the old days, people were more in awe of celebrities, because they aonly saw them at the pictures, so they seemed far above the norm. These days it's the other way round. People think thay have a right to know everything about celebrities, and most of them, pander to that, to get more fame.

But the thing I most admire about Mika, during all of this scrutiny, is that there has not been one person, a guy, or a girl, selling a story about sleeping with Mika. No one's come forward, so Mika is either, very careful and selective with his partners and they respect his privacy, or, he hasn't really done much, if anything, with anyone yet!

To be honest, the second thing is easiest for me to believe, because he is very innocent and at the moment anyway, his passion is his music and he's married to his work. Once again, there is no one like Mika in this or any other time in our world.

Love today, from Marilyn

Marilyn I think you are giving the haters way too much credit. I honestly believe that Mika doesn't know or care what they think. His life is not "difficult" because a few losers slag him off or make obnoxious groups on Facebook. He's got better things to do and he's said time and time again that polarized opinion is what he strives for.

What would make his life difficult is if he started opening himself up to tabloid harassment by revealing information about his personal life.

No doubt things were uncomfortable in the short run, with the incessant media questions, but he's over that hurdle and it rarely comes up anymore. He could have taken the easy way out but he persevered and he's feeling the benefits now.

The worst thing that's been said about him in the tabloids over the past 6 months is that he thinks Boyzone are cheesy and the music at Kanye West's party sucked. Compare that to what some celebs go through because their lives are virtually an open book.

I went on Facebook last night and I know some fans here will be shocked and appalled at this but I have to say I laughed out loud. Their comments are so outrageous, so completely absurd, no one should take them seriously. They just think Mika is annoying and they are entertaining themselves and each other by coming up with the most offensive comments possible.

If you look at Perez Hilton's blog the comments are identical, whether they're talking about Britney Spears, Mika or Perez Hilton himself. To them, celebrities are just two-dimensional characters in a soap opera, not real people. Perez is not upset by it because he could delete their comments if wanted to. Instead he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Yes it's demented and tasteless, but essentially these people are harmless and the lower a profile Mika keeps the quicker they will get bored and start slagging off someone else.

Marilyn I think you are giving the haters way too much credit. I honestly believe that Mika doesn't know or care what they think. His life is not "difficult" because a few losers slag him off or make obnoxious groups on Facebook. He's got better things to do and he's said time and time again that polarized opinion is what he strives for.

What would make his life difficult is if he started opening himself up to tabloid harassment by revealing information about his personal life.

No doubt things were uncomfortable in the short run, with the incessant media questions, but he's over that hurdle and it rarely comes up anymore. He could have taken the easy way out but he persevered and he's feeling the benefits now.

The worst thing that's been said about him in the tabloids over the past 6 months is that he thinks Boyzone are cheesy and the music at Kanye West's party sucked. Compare that to what some celebs go through because their lives are virtually an open book.

I went on Facebook last night and I know some fans here will be shocked and appalled at this but I have to say I laughed out loud. Their comments are so outrageous, so completely absurd, no one should take them seriously. They just think Mika is annoying and they are entertaining themselves and each other by coming up with the most offensive comments possible.

If you look at Perez Hilton's blog the comments are identical, whether they're talking about Britney Spears, Mika or Perez Hilton himself. To them, celebrities are just two-dimensional characters in a soap opera, not real people. Perez is not upset by it because he could delete their comments if wanted to. Instead he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Yes it's demented and tasteless, but essentially these people are harmless and the lower a profile Mika keeps the quicker they will get bored and start slagging off someone else.

I have always hoped that these awkward questions would go away. Maybe you are right, and they will, or they are doing. I really hope so anyway. In an ideal world people would mind their own business when it comes to a person's private business, whether it's Mika, or anyone else. I must say though, for him to ride it out like he has, shows guts and character beyond what I would have, or most would have.

I suppose I just get worried, call it the mother in me, but I just don't like to think of anyone hurting Mika, just as I don't like to think of anyone who would hurt my son Steve, who is Mika's age.

Anyway, CordeliaMoon, has said, she's going to start a forum for anyone who wants to get involved with sifting through any bad stuff about Mika. That's certainly not the "I hate Grace Kelly and all his other stuff" people, it's the ones who accuse him of terrible things that are untrue, or threaten him in any way. We can get things like that stopped, by reporting it to the people who are actually allowing the posts, or whatever, we would not be dealing directly with the groups, or individuals themselves, because that would do no good. Anyway, she's setting it up this week sometime, so keep an eye out.

Ive done an edit, because the new forum is up and running. It's called Mika's Cornor and it looks great. You have to register and join, and there is a lot on it that is fun. It is very Mikatastic, with all the colours and the balloons. There is also the virtual bodyguard part, but no one is going to do anything to make things worse or aggravate the situation. It all about being vigilant, and not tackling the groups themselves, just reporting obscene posts and replying to bad reviews with polite responses. So this thread can close down now, because the new forum will be dealing with anything that comes up.

Love today, from Marilyn and thanks for your responses. At least this thread has helped us get things off our chests, so to speak.Now, if anyone is interested, here is the link for the new forum

http://mikacornor.proboards56.com/index.cgi

Love today, from Marilyn