uk sim card_ INFO NEEDED PLS

avoca

I'll go to london with an israeli friend of mine and her mobile sim card doesn't work in europe. she's contemplating getting one to use in the uk for the time of her holiday, that can make international calls o.c.

can ya let me know how easy it's to get one and how much averagely it'll cost pls? she's to decide whether to bring her mobile at all, or not..

can ya let me know withing nov. 30th, pls? thx :wink2:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go to london with an israeli friend of mine and her mobile sim card doesn't work in europe. she's contemplating getting one to use in the uk for the time of her holiday, that can make international calls o.c.

can ya let me know how easy it's to get one and how much averagely it'll cost pls? she's to decide whether to bring her mobile at all, or not..

I need one too. Actually, wait - *goes to check*. I have one - but I need to 'top it up'. I hear you can do so at a convenience store or even at a store called "Boots" (think that's a drug store).

I need one too. Actually, wait - *goes to check*. I have one - but I need to 'top it up'. I hear you can do so at a convenience store or even at a store called "Boots" (think that's a drug store).

yes, it is. know much did it cost? can it make international calls?

Sorry, I don't know how much the simcard costs, as I was lucky to have someone lend it to me. But I was told I can make international calls, because I need to call Canada (home) while I'm in London.

Sorry, I don't know how much the simcard costs, as I was lucky to have someone lend it to me. But I was told I can make international calls, because I need to call Canada (home) while I'm in London.

thx heaps, suzy. hope some brit person will lend me a hand on this :biggrin2:

erm i think if u buy sim cards alone they cost £10.. well thats how much i paid.. u might just want to go to a mobile shop and talk to the guy there and explain what u want, they should help u out :wink2: i know that o2 (one of the networks) do a sim especially if u want to make international calls.. and if top up a certain amount then you get a certain amount of free minutes, like if u top up £15 you get 100 minutes... if i'm making any sense lol

erm i think if u buy sim cards alone they cost £10.. well thats how much i paid.. u might just want to go to a mobile shop and talk to the guy there and explain what u want, they should help u out :wink2: i know that o2 (one of the networks) do a sim especially if u want to make international calls.. and if top up a certain amount then you get a certain amount of free minutes, like if u top up £15 you get 100 minutes... if i'm making any sense lol

thx ever so much, danika. precious. will report :thumb_yello:

no probs :wink2: if theres any probs when you're getting it in london (it is to london you're going to right?) i can always help ya out :wink2:

it's london, thx, luv.

will ya be at apollo and/or brixton # 2?

EDIT: never mind, saw youre sig now. awww... look forward to meet ya again!! :yay:

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanna post a quick thank you to you all who were so kind to help me with this issue , i am Avoca's friend and the one who came to London as well around that time.

Thank you so much again, and i hope to meet you someday soon.

:wub2: