Basquing in the limelight

dcdeb

Basquing in the limelight

Nov 29 2007 by Dawn Collinson, Liverpool Echo

BIG girl, you are beautiful!

And audiences were left in no doubt that was the truth when Shameless actress Tina Malone took to the stage with camp popster Mika.

Toxteth-born Tina braved it at the Manchester Apollo in a basque, frilly undies and fishnets to dance with the singer, whom she met on T4.

“He's amazing and so talented,” Tina tells Insider. “He'd been asking me for weeks but I'd always said no because I hate fishnets. His mum made the costume and I was terrified waiting backstage in it especially because my mates and some of the Shameless cast were there, but it ended up being such a laugh and I had a ball up there.

“The song is Big Girls You Are Beautiful and I'm the antithesis of that. I'm doing it again. I can't say when, but it's very soon.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-entertainment/showbiz-news/2007/11/29/basquing-in-the-limelight-100252-20176204/

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC03196.jpg

Here's half of her in a picture I took at the Manchester Apollo last week!

I don't watch Shameless but I know Mika's a big fan and he hugged and kissed her both nights after Big Girl and made a big fuss of her at the end of Lollipop so she's obviously a good mate.

DSC03196.jpg

I don't watch Shameless but I know Mika's a big fan and he hugged and kissed her both nights after Big Girl and made a big fuss of her at the end of Lollipop so she's obviously a good mate.

It's funny because my friend and I were totally unaware that the Shameless ppl were there on stage on that night - I don't watch it, and anyway, I was only ever looking at one person on the stage...

But outside afterwards my friend kept pointing at this blond woman who was there and saying "That's her from Coronation Street!!" :roftl: and I was like "Uh?? I don't recognise her". Next day my friend realised she's mixed up her TV dramas in her post-gig euphoria, but I'd've been none the wiser anyway!

But I have watched Shameless a bit since then :roftl: What's good enough for Meeks is good enough for me (though I do draw the line at Hollyoaks :blink: )

And sariflor - yes fishnets are the work of the devil, the single most unflattering item of apparel ever invented, unless you quite literally have sticks for legs, and then they just make you look like a prostitute!

DSC03196.jpg

thx 4 the pic!!!

shameless is funny, rude but funny:naughty:

thx 4 the pic!!!

shameless is funny, rude but funny:naughty:

Ur welcome!

My housemate loves it and she came with me at the last minute as my friend couldn't make it. She's not a Mika fan and has to cope with me going on about him 24/7 which drives her mad but when she saw the Shameless girls she was impressed!!:roftl:

Hey, I'm now going on the 4th December and Jass is having my other ticket so I believe I'll be meeting you then! :thumb_yello:

It's funny because my friend and I were totally unaware that the Shameless ppl were there on stage on that night - I don't watch it, and anyway, I was only ever looking at one person on the stage...

But outside afterwards my friend kept pointing at this blond woman who was there and saying "That's her from Coronation Street!!" :roftl: and I was like "Uh?? I don't recognise her". Next day my friend realised she's mixed up her TV dramas in her post-gig euphoria, but I'd've been none the wiser anyway!

But I have watched Shameless a bit since then :roftl: What's good enough for Meeks is good enough for me (though I do draw the line at Hollyoaks :blink: )

And sariflor - yes fishnets are the work of the devil, the single most unflattering item of apparel ever invented, unless you quite literally have sticks for legs, and then they just make you look like a prostitute!

Now, I'm the other way around!

Love Hollyoaks(I have to really as it's filmed near where I live!) but don't get Shameless!

Ur welcome!

My housemate loves it and she came with me at the last minute as my friend couldn't make it. She's not a Mika fan and has to cope with me going on about him 24/7 which drives her mad but when she saw the Shameless girls she was impressed!!:roftl:

Hey, I'm now going on the 4th December and Jass is having my other ticket so I believe I'll be meeting you then! :thumb_yello:

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats fab news!!!

im so xcited about the 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I'm the other way around!

Love Hollyoaks(I have to really as it's filmed near where I live!) but don't get Shameless!

I have to admit I'm not too struck on Shameless either, thoughI am trying.. It's a bit TOO 'Manc'. I've spent enough of my life surrounded by real Manc-ness, so it's a bit too close to home (though I don't live on a council estate but you know what I mean).

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats fab news!!!

im so xcited about the 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My head hurts with the thought of the arrangements but I'm sure I'll be OK in a day or so! :blink::lmao:

Will have to work on another Mika quiz to keep us busy in the queue!!

That was fun the other night............even my housemate enjoyed it! :shocked::naughty:

I have to admit I'm not too struck on Shameless either, thoughI am trying.. It's a bit TOO 'Manc'. I've spent enough of my life surrounded by real Manc-ness, so it's a bit too close to home (though I don't live on a council estate but you know what I mean).

Oh, I so do know what you mean!

I grew up on a terrible housing estate and am a northern lass but I still don't get it! :blink: :blink:

I used to be a massive Enders fan but gave it up two years ago (sounds like giving up smoking or something?!) so Hollyoaks is the only one I do......but even that's on and off. (Mika fills me in on the bits I miss!!) :lmao:

My head hurts with the thought of the arrangements but I'm sure I'll be OK in a day or so! :blink::lmao:

Will have to work on another Mika quiz to keep us busy in the queue!!

That was fun the other night............even my housemate enjoyed it! :shocked::naughty:

yeah it was great fun, althou my brain doesnt work at 2AM very well:naughty:

yeah i know wot you mean im kinda living in a mika blur at the moment!!!!

yeah it was great fun, althou my brain doesnt work at 2AM very well:naughty:

yeah i know wot you mean im kinda living in a mika blur at the moment!!!!

Blur is the word!!!!!!!

Right now that I'm officially mad and going to London on Tuesday I best get back to RL and get ready to go out!

Catch up with you on here soon and see you next week! Eeeeeeeeeek! :shocked: