• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so now that more people are on here, i'll ask again,

what do you guys plan on wearing?

because it's obviously going to be way way too hot to be wearing a jacket inside the venue,and its gunna get annoying holding it.

any suggestions?

Someone suggested to me to buy a BIG fluffy coat at a thrift store and then throw it out before we eneter the venue.... LMAO

Sounds good to me! BUT what am I suppose to do when it is time to leave :shocked:

Sarie you have to go!

how far away from the city do you live?

if its driving distance and she doesnt want to drive, you can take a bus or train!!

I live in Pennsylvania, I am taking a bus!

She says it's too much money to lose if we can't get refunds on the hotel, bus tickets, etc. if we can't make it.

It's about a 4 hour drive from my city, by the way.

Are you guys sure it's suppost to be bad weather the day your suppost to come out?

Well February is the snowiest month, and my mom's like SHOCKHORROR-PARANOIA.

My parents are telling me today if I can go or not. (I think I scared my mom).

If they say no, I still have a few tricks of my sleeves, but..it wont be promising..at all.

DID I TELL YOU WHAT I'M GOING TO GIVE MIKA IF I GET TO GO?! :blink:

DID I TELL YOU WHAT I'M GOING TO GIVE MIKA IF I GET TO GO?! :blink:

No, you only told me what you're getting...the other person!

:wink2:

And I just called my mom..SHE SAID I CAN GO!

She's not sure how she'll get me there yet, but I'm definitely going!

so, are the girls here gunna bring purses and jackets?

because purses always seem to get in the way,

and its going to be february, and it will be freeeeeezing

but then inside we'd be dying

any suggestions?

You don't need a purse. Just put your money in your pockets.

I brought a big empty canvas bag with me to Brixton so that when I walked into the venue security could look inside it quickly and see that there was nothing there. When I got inside I put my coat, gloves, hoodie, etc. inside it, zipped it up and threw it on the floor.

NYC is going to be tough because it will take even more stuff to keep warm (hat, scarf, bigger overcoat, etc.) but if you wear a down-filled coat it will keep you warmer than anything else and it compresses quite a bit to fit inside the bag.

oooohhh.... I do not want to be shy when I see Mika... I mean I have WAITED so long for that moment!!!! But, I know me... and I am totally going to be speechless!!!! And I do not WANT that to happen!!!!

I just waved at him like I was mute :boxed:

But mostly because he was mute. He couldn't talk so I felt awkward trying to say anything. Suzy was the one speaking to him anyway so I couldn't really interrupt. And Andy was filming the whole thing.

In other words it was pretty much the worst circumstances for trying to have a conversation with him even though I was close enough to touch him.

TRUST me I am going to change mt mind QUICK when I step off the nice warm fuzzy plane from Florida! I have never been in 'cold weather' before and quite honestly have no idea even WHAT to expect!!!!

What you can expect is that you will not be able to tolerate standing in a queue in NYC in February for 13 hours. Seriously. We might get lucky and have a relatively mild day, but if it's typical winter you are going to be mind-blowingly cold.

I lived my whole life in Canada but after spending 3 winters in South Africa and England I came back and thought I was going to die. England is a lot colder than FL but it was still a horrendous shock to be dealing with sub-zero temps again.

Someone suggested to me to buy a BIG fluffy coat at a thrift store and then throw it out before we eneter the venue.... LMAO

Sounds good to me! BUT what am I suppose to do when it is time to leave :shocked:

:roftl: I wasn't suggesting that you throw it away at the venue. Just that you can throw it on the floor or whatever when you get inside and not care if it gets dirty when people step on it because you don't intend to keep it. If you get a coat that you like, see my note above about protecting it in a bag.

Of course if you're in the front row as we know you plan to be, chances are you'll be able to sling it over the barrier.

do you think there's gonna be a coat check?

It doesn't really matter because you'll have to run to the stage as soon as you get in if you want to hold your place. I wouldn't suggest wasting time at a coat check and don't count on your friends being able to hold a space for you in a crowd. It may not be physically possible since there will be thousands of people there.

Bad news. My mom says my chances are getting slimmer and slimmer because of the weather.

You'll sort it out...you can't miss Mika.

I brought a big empty canvas bag with me to Brixton so that when I walked into the venue security could look inside it quickly and see that there was nothing there. When I got inside I put my coat, gloves, hoodie, etc. inside it, zipped it up and threw it on the floor.

that's a good idea! i think i'm going to do that. i'm going to wear layers, and then roll them up in my bag. i also need room to keep my dvd for him to sign.:wink2:

NYC is going to be tough because it will take even more stuff to keep warm (hat, scarf, bigger overcoat, etc.) but if you wear a down-filled coat it will keep you warmer than anything else and it compresses quite a bit to fit inside the bag.

Great idea, thanks Christine!

I feel like you always have good ideas or the right thing to say.:thumb_yello: