Top of the Pops Christmas Special

babspanky

Fearne Cotton and Reggie Yates present the seasonal countdown of the year's most successful chart acts, ending by revealing which artist has bagged the coveted Christmas number one. Artists appearing include Mika, Take That, Kaiser Chiefs, Rihanna, Girls Aloud and Leona Lewis SUB

Pop

Tuesday 25th December at 1:30pm on BBC 1 London

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, OK so the listings were wrong then.

But I can't believe that one of the biggest songs of the year, got only a 2 second mention? What's going on?

well the listing for mika wasnt bull -s**t we saw him for a whole 2 secs ! :shocked: i cant believe i sat through that pish for a full hour just for that :sneaky2:

Well, OK so the listings were wrong then.

But I can't believe that one of the biggest songs of the year, got only a 2 second mention? What's going on?

Yes, I can't believe it either, what a bloody fiasco! I can't believe that they had Girls Aloud playing live when they can clearly not sing in tune for their lives, and no Mika! Not even a video!!!

They played a shambolic Amy Whino performance where she was obviously drunk or drugged up or whatever, and not a Mika one. Unbefeckinglievable!!

I think Amy is very talented and I love to watch sober performances of hers, but this was just pathetic.

On a positive note, I loved the Proclaimers and also Katie Melua's song was brilliant.

She's got the voice of an angel and is so talented, I love her.

And she's super-gorgeous too!!

Basically she has it all:biggrin2:

I cant believe this... I was looking forward to a Mika performance on xmas day and all we get is a VERY short mention of 'Grace Kelly' being one of the songs we listened to at the beginning of 2007. Sorry, but how can they show Amy Winehouse's Rehab and not Mika, Mika probably sold a lot more singles and albums then here..not to mention he is more of an icon of 2007 as he is one of the top selling artists of 2007.My belief in the BBC is going down very rapidly, first Graham Norton and now this!!! What next??? I dont wanna even think about that!!

To be honest, I wasn't totally surprised, for some reason the BBC don't seem to have a lot of time for, the only people who seem to like him are Jo Whiley, Sara Cox, Scott Mills and Graham Norton, and I guess Jools Holland as he is on the Hootenany this week.

As I pointed out in another thread, last year The Scissor Sisters, the biggest selling act of the year, got similar treatment a 30 second clip among other clips. Now they can't use the excuse of his illness for not playing GK, because they have the video AND the footage of his performance from the R1 weekend at Preston they could have aired (they used Rhianna's perfomance from there for Umbrella), AND the acoustic performance from The Culture Show, AND from Jools Hollands show too. It really irritated the heck out of me when they did what they did on TOTP, personally I probably won't watch their Christmas shows anymore, as it seems they would rather give time to the X Factor rubblish than decent music.